ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV MACHETE! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232776)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:30 PM

MACHETE!

Anyone interested? I like Danny Trejo; he's a real-deal bad mother****er.

Reaper16 08-31-2010 10:37 PM

Been interested since the trailer during Grindhouse.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6968533)

Likewise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6968533)

This. It looked more interesting than "Grindhouse". Wasn't it called "The Mexican" back then?

Buck 08-31-2010 10:54 PM

Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6968556)
Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?

Probably, but I don't know for sure.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6968556)

Yes, that's exactly what it was.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968555)
This. It looked more interesting than "Grindhouse". Wasn't it called "The Mexican" back then?

Nope, it was MACHETE!

It was way "over the top"... and that was the point.

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968561)
Probably, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6968571)
Yes, that's exactly what it was.

No, Machete was a trailer for Grindhouse (which was financed for next to nothing).

It was a homage to the X, XX and XXX films of the 70's (complete with film distortion and flickers). It was done for little to no money (back end for everyone) and although the trailers were AWESOME, no one set out to create the trailers with an intent to make them 90 minute films.

Rob Zombie has been trying to come up with a way to make "Werewolf Women of the SS" into a feature, as has Eli Roth and "Thanksgiving".

The problem with that it's akin to making a short SNL skit into a movie: It was originally conceived in short form, so how do you make it cool and relevant in long form?

The short answer is that many have tried but few have succeeded.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968579)
No, Machete was a trailer for Grindhouse (which was financed for next to nothing).

It was a homage to the X, XX and XXX films of the 70's (complete with film distortion and flickers). It was done for little to no money (back end for everyone) and although the trailers were AWESOME, no one set out to create the trailers with an intent to make them 90 minute films.

Rob Zombie has been trying to come up with a way to make WereWomen of the SS into a feature, as has Eli Roth and "Thanksgiving".

The problem with that is akin to making a short SNL skit into a movie: It was originally conceived in short form, so how do you make it cool and relevant in long form?

The short answer is that many have tried but few have succeeded.

Does Danny still head-up Hollywood AA?

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968582)
Does Danny still head-up Hollywood AA?

Dude, I haven't seen him since 2002 but I'd assume he's still involved.

He's a good guy.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:27 PM

Buck said, "Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?"

And I said, "Yes, that's exactly what it was. "

It got enough buzz, that they decided to make a real movie out of it...

How was I wrong?

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:28 PM

I saw Grindhouse in the theater... both movies. And those trailers were the best part.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968579)

Machete was NOT a trailer for Grindhouse. It was a fake trailer for a fake movie that came between the two actual films. I went to the theater and saw it.

It created enough buzz, that they actually made the movie.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968584)

He's a good guy.

Right on. He was one of the best boxers in San Quinton Prison, so I hear.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968584)

He's a good guy.

I love that dude. Glad to see him headlining movies now.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6968587)
I saw Grindhouse in the theater... both movies. And those trailers were the best part.

Did they ever release the full Grindhouse DVD, or is it still two seperate movies? Ive only seen the full movie in theaters and on STARZ network from time to time.

MTG#10 09-01-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6968882)
Did they ever release the full Grindhouse DVD, or is it still two seperate movies? Ive only seen the full movie in theaters and on STARZ network from time to time.

I dont know if it was released in the US or not, but I have a copy of an actual Grindhouse dvd in PAL format complete with trailers and all....

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 6968908)
I dont know if it was released in the US or not, but I have a copy of an actual Grindhouse dvd in PAL format complete with trailers and all....

There also a longer international cut of Death Proof. More dialouge and you get to see the girl dance in the bar.

But i like the original better...the fake cuts in the movie where it skips forward are hilarious to me.

I want an original DVD with both movies, trailers and the fake jump, cuts and skips....just like it was shown in theaters.

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6968592)
Machete was NOT a trailer for Grindhouse. It was a fake trailer for a fake movie that came between the two actual films. I went to the theater and saw it.

The entire thing was a concept film to feel like the 70's. In the theaters, it was shown as one feature length film (Planet Terror & Death Proof were the features, with Thanksgiving, Machete and Were Women of the SS as "trailer" for films that didn't exist).

When the DVD was initially released, it was released in its entirety, more than 3 hours long. The premium cable channels generally have shown one film or the other (Planet Terror or Death Proof).

The entire project was a gigantic flop. It cost more than $67 million to make, yet earned only $25 million worldwide at the box office.

"Machete" was independently financed for less than $20 million, with all of the actors taking back end participation. Out of all the Grindhouse fake trailers, it has the best chance of being successful because of the backstory. The others will be far more difficult to produce.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969098)
The entire thing was a concept film to feel like the 70's. In the theaters, it was shown as one feature length film (Planet Terror & Death Proof were the features, with Thanksgiving, Machete and Were Women of the SS as "trailer" for films that didn't exist).

When the DVD was initially released, it was released in its entirety, more than 3 hours long. The premium cable channels generally have shown one film or the other (Planet Terror or Death Proof).

The entire project was a gigantic flop. It cost more than $67 million to make, yet earned only $25 million worldwide at the box office.

"Machete" was independently financed for less than $20 million, with all of the actors taking back end participation. Out of all the Grindhouse fake trailers, it has the best chance of being successful because of the backstory. The others will be far more difficult to produce.

Grindhouse sucked ass; I couldn't make it through one hour. Sadness.

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6969104)

I guess this is why it flopped at the box office.

Man, I loved it! Planet Terror was awesome. Death Proof was too talky of course, because it's Quintin and Quintin loves to hear himself speak. And the trailers were awesome.

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969098)

Maybe I'm missing something here. I saw Grindhouse. I saw the fake trailers. KcM is stating that Machete was originally a fake trailer. I thought it was as well.

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6969104)

Do you like QT movies? I loved it. To each his own, though.

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6969116)
Maybe I'm missing something here. I saw Grindhouse. I saw the fake trailers. KcM is stating that Machete was originally a fake trailer. I thought it was as well.

Yeah, it was a fake trailer, along with WereWomen and Thanksgiving.

I don't have any idea why he felt the need to point out that it was fake, considering everyone that saw the film in its entirety knew they were fake trailers and thus part of the entire film called "Grindhouse".

"Fake" really isn't the correct terminology. They were trailers created by filmmakers to give Grindhouse the full effect of seeing a film in the 70's.

If anything, WereWomen (at 8 minutes long) qualifies as a short film and not a faux trailer.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6969118)
Do you like QT movies? I loved it. To each his own, though.

I normally do, but Grindhouse just didn't do it for me.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6969116)

It was. The original trailer played before the first movie "Planet Terror" The rest of them played between the two films.

Heres the original trailer. Cracks me up everytime. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueFpy6GSjBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueFpy6GSjBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969115)
I guess this is why it flopped at the box office.

Man, I loved it! Planet Terror was awesome. Death Proof was too talky of course, because it's Quintin and Quintin loves to hear himself speak. And the trailers were awesome.

I like QT because of the dialog, mostly.

KCUnited 09-01-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969115)
Planet Terror was awesome. Death Proof was too talky of course, because it's Quintin and Quintin loves to hear himself speak. And the trailers were awesome.

My thoughts exactly.

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6969125)
I normally do, but Grindhouse just didn't do it for me.

I initially felt that way about Inglorious Basterds due to the subtitles. I watched it again and loved it.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 10:41 AM

Death Proof has grown on me. Its still too talky with way too much girl chit chat.....

But Kurt Russel is da man, and that car chase at the end rules. Oh, the girls are hot too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6969141)
I initially felt that way about Inglorious Basterds due to the subtitles. I watched it again and loved it.

Now THAT I loved.

Jenson71 09-01-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969121)
Yeah, it was a fake trailer, along with WereWomen and Thanksgiving.

I don't have any idea why he felt the need to point out that it was fake, considering everyone that saw the film in its entirety knew they were fake trailers and thus part of the entire film called "Grindhouse".

I feel argumentative (along with my usual liking of KcMizzou). KcMizzou obviously felt the need to point out that it was "fake" because two people immediately before him were uncertain about it. However, even if there hadn't been those immediate posts, KcMizzou's information would still have been interesting to the many people who have not seen Grindhouse in their entirety.

Quote:

"Fake" really isn't the correct terminology. They were trailers created by filmmakers to give Grindhouse the full effect of seeing a film in the 70's.
Fake is a fine term for it, because [authentic] trailers necessarily correspond to an authentic movie. When a _____ trailer corresponds to a non-authentic movie, the trailer is necessarily a non-authentic trailer. And another way of saying non-authentic is . . . fake.

Reaper16 09-01-2010 03:45 PM

Basically, Dane and KCMizzou are saying the exact same things.

Also, IMO Death Proof > Planet Terror.

Demonpenz 09-01-2010 03:56 PM

You're not Wrong dane, your just an asshole / The dude

Radar Chief 09-01-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6969141)

From the ads I expected Inglorious Bastards to be a mindless bloodbath, which I’m actually fine with, but was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to have more depth than that.

Radar Chief 09-01-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6969851)

Oh, most definitely.
Of course I’m a gearhead so any flick with hot chicks and ending in a big car chase is going to win me over every time.

Tribal Warfare 09-01-2010 03:59 PM

MAN MOVIES are making a comeback!

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Basically, Dane and KCMizzou are saying the exact same things.

Yeah, I didn't mean to come across as a dick, so my apologies to everyone if I did.

I didn't specify "fake" or "faux" in my original post because I didn't realize it was necessary to do so.

But back to the Grindhouse, I thought it was brilliant from start to finish. From Planet Terror to Machete to Thanksgiving to WereWomen of the SS to Death Proof, it was ****ing awesome.

Some people I spoke to about the film thought they went overboard in post-production with the scratchiness, film-skipping, audio dropouts, lines, etc. but personally, I thought it captured the spirit and essence of 70's Drive-In movie theaters perfectly and really dug that aspect of the film.

FWIW, Eli Roth says he'll be working on a feature-length script later this year for Thanksgiving but Rob Zombie has said he's not sure how to make Were Women into a feature film.

Hootie 09-01-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6969191)
I feel argumentative (along with my usual liking of KcMizzou). KcMizzou obviously felt the need to point out that it was "fake" because two people immediately before him were uncertain about it. However, even if there hadn't been those immediate posts, KcMizzou's information would still have been interesting to the many people who have not seen Grindhouse in their entirety.

Fake is a fine term for it, because [authentic] trailers necessarily correspond to an authentic movie. When a _____ trailer corresponds to a non-authentic movie, the trailer is necessarily a non-authentic trailer. And another way of saying non-authentic is . . . fake.

Yeah...I was confused about why Dane chimed in as well...

KcMizzou said exactly what Dane said...

Odd.

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 6969889)
Yeah...I was confused about why Dane chimed in as well...

KcMizzou said exactly what Dane said...

Odd.

Honestly, why I did it was because I had a different take originally, then edited it because I didn't want to piss anyone off.

:D

siberian khatru 09-01-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6969886)

Some people I spoke to about the film thought they went overboard in post-production with the scratchiness, film-skipping, audio dropouts, lines, etc. but personally, I thought it captured the spirit and essence of 70's Drive-In movie theaters perfectly and really dug that aspect of the film.

That was the best part of the movie(s).

I also get off on that "Prevues of Coming Attractions" deal he uses (did the same with "Our Feature Presentation" on "Kill Bill Vol. 1"). Those of us who are old enough remember seeing those exact clips in the theaters back in the day. Made me feel like I was 7 again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 6969917)

I also get off on that "Prevues of Coming Attractions" deal he uses (did the same with "Our Feature Presentation" on "Kill Bill Vol. 1"). Those of us who are old enough remember seeing those exact clips in the theaters back in the day. Made me feel like I was 7 again.

I liked that aspect and I get what he was doing, but the story just sucked.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 6969917)

Quote:

But back to the Grindhouse, I thought it was brilliant from start to finish. From Planet Terror to Machete to Thanksgiving to WereWomen of the SS to Death Proof, it was ****ing awesome.

FWIW, Eli Roth says he'll be working on a feature-length script later this year for Thanksgiving but Rob Zombie has said he's not sure how to make Were Women into a feature film.

Yea, i think this is most likely why it flopped to be honest. The general public just didnt get it.

There are not many people out there that get the 60's/70s/80s B movie aesthetic, and are willing to pay good money to relive it. LOL

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

This. I loved both, but DP was a tad better.

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2010 07:34 PM

I should say though that the scene with Rose McGowan with the 50 Cal as a leg was ****ing awesome and the 2nd best thing(the car chase in DP was the best) about Grindhouse.

keg in kc 09-01-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I didn't mean to come across as a dick, so my apologies to everyone if I did.

I can't decide which to go with:

"Yeah right, you didn't mean to come across like a dick. Die in a burning aidsbush **** for brains"

or

"Who the **** are you and what are you doing on dane's keyboard? PS you might want to wash your hands"

KcMizzou 09-01-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

I loved it too. I was disappointed that it didn't do better at the box office. But, it's kind of a niche thing... certainly not for everybody.

KcMizzou 09-01-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6970210)
This. I loved both, but DP was a tad better.

People complained that there was too much talking, and not enough action, but I enjoy the dialog in Tarantino movies anyway. And when the action did come... :eek:

Tribal Warfare 09-02-2010 05:46 PM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/machete/

68% certified fresh
Consensus: Machete is messy, violent, shallow, and tasteless -- and that's precisely the point of one of the summer's most cartoonishly enjoyable films.

Fairplay 09-02-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6968592)

That's true KcMizzou I can testify to it also if you need backup.

DaneMcCloud 09-02-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6973437)
That's true KcMizzou I can testify to it also if you need backup.

How can it be a fake trailer if there's a real movie?

KcMizzou 09-02-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6973442)
How can it be a fake trailer if there's a real movie?

Meh, I give up... you win. As was pointed out, we were both basically saying the same thing anyway.

We're good as far as I'm concerned. Grudges are for girls.

DaneMcCloud 09-02-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6973488)
Meh, I give up... you win. As was pointed out, we were both basically saying the same thing anyway.

We're good as far as I'm concerned. Grudges are for girls.

It was a joke.

And of course we're good.

DBOSHO 09-03-2010 02:52 AM

Machete was absolutely amazing. The definition of a" fun" movie. One of my favorites.

Badass explosions, blood, jessica alba in the shower, michelle rodriguez in leather, linsey lohan gets naked, jessica alba in the shower

Jessica alba in the shower

Srsly, what more could you want?

I highly reccomend this movie to anyone who likes guy movies

Demonpenz 09-03-2010 12:47 PM

Cheech playing a shotgun toting priest. Can we make that happen

Dane/ yes ma'am!

Bowser 09-03-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6973676)
Machete was absolutely amazing. The definition of a" fun" movie. One of my favorites.

Badass explosions, blood, jessica alba in the shower, michelle rodriguez in leather, linsey lohan gets naked, jessica alba in the shower

Jessica alba in the shower

Srsly, what more could you want?

I highly reccomend this movie to anyone who likes guy movies

Another Expendables, but with Jessica Alba in the shower? And a nekkid crackhead?

Swanman 09-03-2010 01:22 PM

Everyone is forgetting the trailer for "Don't", which was written and directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz). Definitely not makable into a movie, but a fun spoof of basically every slasher film from the 70s and 80s.

ModSocks 09-03-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6973502)
It was a joke.

And of course we're good.

What's your opinion on Rob Zombie as a Director?

Deberg_1990 09-03-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 6974689)
Everyone is forgetting the trailer for "Don't", which was written and directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz). Definitely not makable into a movie, but a fun spoof of basically every slasher film from the 70s and 80s.

Classic!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6803Gu8tpuw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6803Gu8tpuw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Elder 09-03-2010 02:58 PM

Time to talk about this movie. If you dont wanna know anything about it then stop reading now.

Okay. What we have here is a man (Danny Trejo) that in real life is a bad ass. A tough kid that grew up to be the prison boxing champ and was given a break. We have seen him 100's of times and you really dont know his name. But he is that BAD ASS mexican dude with alot of Ink on his body. And he is one ugly M***er F***er. The man finally has a leading role and takes full advantage of it. He is set up to be the fall guy and he is not too happy about it. Its like they crossed The Expendables and Piranna 3D into one movie. Full of action and blood and some really campy moments. It actually our Grindhouse's Grindouse. lol. This is the movie they should have made instead.

Very 70's with a modern twist. And the absolutly hottest woman on the planet, Michelle Rodriguez goes beyond anything she has ever done. Her part alone allows me to forgive them for having Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba in this film. Neither of which can act. Alba should stick to calenders and Lohan should just go away. However. Jesssica Alba naked in the shower does have its perks. Machete gets nail her (what a lucky ugly man). COme to think of it. Linsay Lohan and her mom (in the movie) are both naked in the pool anf Machete gets the two of them at the same time (what a really lucky ugly man). And then there is Michelle Rodriguez and the SOB gets to bump his ugly with her too. (Pity she didnt get naked) but what a really really lucky man.

Cheech Marin, who plays Machete's brother is now a priest and has one of the best lines in the movie, I reslove you of all your sins now get the f**k out of here." LOL.
Robert De Niro is awesome as a racsist political asshole and you can tell he is having fun in the movie. He really gets to cut loose. Also Steven Seagal is our favorit drug dealer that is in control of everything and has a really vicious side. And he finally lost the ponytail.

The movie deals with some strong political opinions and will offend some. But most should accept the movie for what it is. A kickass good time

DaneMcCloud 09-03-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6974784)
What's your opinion on Rob Zombie as a Director?

I liked the Were Women short but other than that, I haven't watched his films.

I'm not a horror fan, at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Elder (Post 6975006)
Time to talk about this movie. If you dont wanna know anything about it then stop reading now.

Okay. What we have here is a man (Danny Trejo) that in real life is a bad ass. A tough kid that grew up to be the prison boxing champ and was given a break. We have seen him 100's of times and you really dont know his name. But he is that BAD ASS mexican dude with alot of Ink on his body. And he is one ugly M***er F***er. The man finally has a leading role and takes full advantage of it. He is set up to be the fall guy and he is not too happy about it. Its like they crossed The Expendables and Piranna 3D into one movie. Full of action and blood and some really campy moments. It actually our Grindhouse's Grindouse. lol. This is the movie they should have made instead.

Very 70's with a modern twist. And the absolutly hottest woman on the planet, Michelle Rodriguez goes beyond anything she has ever done. Her part alone allows me to forgive them for having Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba in this film. Neither of which can act. Alba should stick to calenders and Lohan should just go away. However. Jesssica Alba naked in the shower does have its perks. Machete gets nail her (what a lucky ugly man). COme to think of it. Linsay Lohan and her mom (in the movie) are both naked in the pool anf Machete gets the two of them at the same time (what a really lucky ugly man). And then there is Michelle Rodriguez and the SOB gets to bump his ugly with her too. (Pity she didnt get naked) but what a really really lucky man.

Cheech Marin, who plays Machete's brother is now a priest and has one of the best lines in the movie, I reslove you of all your sins now get the f**k out of here." LOL.
Robert De Niro is awesome as a racsist political asshole and you can tell he is having fun in the movie. He really gets to cut loose. Also Steven Seagal is our favorit drug dealer that is in control of everything and has a really vicious side. And he finally lost the ponytail.

The movie deals with some strong political opinions and will offend some. But most should accept the movie for what it is. A kickass good time

That settles it; I'm going to the theater.

JD10367 09-03-2010 05:04 PM

Just saw "Machete". It made "The Expendables" look like a Disney cartoon, LOL. And Michelle Rodriguez looks KICKIN' hot. She's thinner than she's ever been. The funbags are gone, but so is the booty and the stomach roll. She looks 10 years younger. Jessica Alba, of course, is hot (and there's a full-body nude side shot). Lindsey Lohan is bare ass and, while she's a whacked out chick, the body's good. Cheech, Don Johnson, and DeNiro are all awesome... as is, of course, Machete himself. The film is beyond over-the-top.

Valiant 09-03-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968555)

Yeah,probably did not want that title out with all the beheadings on the border..

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6975398)
Yeah,probably did not want that title out with all the beheadings on the border..

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 09-03-2010 07:52 PM

It's been widely reported that Lohan had a body double for Machete.

Sorry to disappoint.

JD10367 09-03-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6975536)

Sorry to disappoint.

Well, considering they had shots of Lohan facing the camera with no shirt on, that'd be a neat trick.

Deberg_1990 09-03-2010 09:47 PM

OK, so now we have the Grindhouse knockoff "fake" trailers being made into full length feature films.....

Hobo With a Shotgun trailer... ROFL

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nbl78cj5vM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nbl78cj5vM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6975823)
OK, so now we have the Grindhouse knockoff "fake" trailers being made into full length feature films.....

Hobo With a Shotgun trailer... ROFL

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nbl78cj5vM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="385" width="640"></object>

ROFLROFLROFL

The Elder 09-03-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint.

All those angles? In the water? Its possible i suppose but thats alot of doubling.

DaneMcCloud 09-03-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Elder (Post 6975854)
All those angles? In the water? Its possible i suppose but thats alot of doubling.

Unfortunately, that stupid twat would sink to the bottom, considering all the sperm in her stomach and coke up her nose.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6975857)
Unfortunately, that stupid twat would sink to the bottom, considering all the sperm in her stomach and coke up her nose.

LMAO That's no way to talk about your neighbor, Dane.

Deberg_1990 09-03-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6975857)

Id still hit it! : )

DBOSHO 09-03-2010 10:22 PM

I had a sneaking suspicion that wasn't really lohan. In the scene where she shows her tits, her face is turned and hair is covering it. Oh well.

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Elder (Post 6975854)

most of that footage was from the original "fake" trailer

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-04-2010 12:15 AM

Here's the original from "Grindhouse":

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MquhUGGdkdM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MquhUGGdkdM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

googlegoogle 09-04-2010 12:18 AM

noticed the ad for one character is the 'antimigration racist guy' played by De niro.

googlegoogle 09-04-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint.

sounds probable. they do that now in every movie. fraud.:#

Thig Lyfe 09-04-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6969127)
It was. The original trailer played before the first movie "Planet Terror" The rest of them played between the two films.

Heres the original trailer. Cracks me up everytime. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueFpy6GSjBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueFpy6GSjBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The music that plays at the very beginning is sampled in "Old School" by DANGERDOOM featuring Talib Kweli.

THE MORE YOU KNOW