ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is Belichik's ego out of control? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240422)

B_Ambuehl 01-18-2011 11:56 AM

They've had good draft picks the last 2 years too but they never use them to pick impact players. Look at all the talent Belichik has passed up.

Quote:

I watched a report on the Patriots (maybe Inside the NFL) where the commentator mentioned that the Patriots don't believe in paying rookies more than the best stars (usually the highest paid players) on the team. Whether or not you agree with this approach I would like to think that he is setting the example for how the NFL should be run as a whole. Rookies who have never proven themselves should not make more than the current best players on the team. Belicheck then relies on coaching to coach up the players that he does get in the later rounds. This puts more pressure on BB but you can't help but give him the utmost respect if this report were true.
I absolutely believe this is the case BUT, you can't win without players. Belichik obviously thinks he's good enough that he can get slapdicks to defeat superstars, but he can't.

B_Ambuehl 01-21-2013 03:20 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl 01-21-2013 03:21 AM

LOL. Another year, another chance to watch Belichik get pounded by a legit playoff team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 01-21-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 7365175)
They flat got beat by a better, more talented team.

Wow it keeps happening.

CoMoChief 01-21-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 9338487)
LOL. Another year, another chance to watch Belichik get pounded by a legit playoff team.
Posted via Mobile Device

This team has been to how many AFC championship games in the last 12 years? The worst record they've had in the last 12 years is 9-7.

And fans from THIS FRANCHISE want to dog on him and say he sucks?
LMAO. I'll bash Scott Pioli and his version of what "The Patriot Way" is, but let's be real...the Patriot Way is Tom Brady.

Once that team loses Brady (to retirement/inj etc) they're going to be early 90's-like terrible.

Crush 01-21-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9338495)
This team has been to how many AFC championship games in the last 12 years? The worst record they've had in the last 12 years is 9-7.

And fans from THIS FRANCHISE want to dog on him and say he sucks?
LMAO. I'll bash Scott ***** and his version of what "The Patriot Way" is, but let's be real...the Patriot Way is Tom Brady.

Once that team loses Brady (to retirement/inj etc) they're going to be early 90's-like terrible.

However, did you not feel that this was the beginning of the end? Tom Brady will be 36 next year. The magic is gone.

CoMoChief 01-21-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9338515)
However, did you not feel that this was the beginning of the end? Tom Brady will be 36 next year. The magic is gone.

Not really....they very well may make the AFCC game again next season. But I mean the window is closing simply because of his age...but that's still a good team until his play starts to slip.

Will they make the SB? I dont know....odds are against them because it's hard to make it that far.

But yes he is getting old....his play hasn't slipped (yet). But he will never be traded...I think he retires a Patriot. Once he's gone Belichick would be smart to retire because those Patriot teams are going to be awful.

Ace Gunner 01-21-2013 07:07 AM

Oh, I get it -- this is tard thread week at the planet.

memyselfI 01-21-2013 07:49 AM

Is anyone still thinking it wasn't. SERIOUSLY????

Red Dawg 01-21-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7363411)
Considering that the Patriots are coming of a dynasty-like run, yesterday's game should give us hope.

Pats lost at home. Chiefs lost at home.
Pats looked inept. Chiefs looked inept.
Pats passing game sucked. Chiefs passing game sucked.
Pats dropped balls. Chiefs dropped trou.
Pats made mistakes. Chiefs made poo poo on 50 yard line.

FAX

What dynasty? Losing does not make a dynasty. I guess tbe ravens have one too.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 08:25 AM

[Matt Damon voice]Thomas Brady [Matt Damon Voice]

Dayze 01-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9338572)
[Matt Damon voice]Thomas Brady [Matt Damon Voice]

LMAO

Oh Snap 01-21-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7363344)
He coached the team to a 14-2 record and lost by 7 points in the playoffs to a team with whom they split in the regular season. Really?

Okay, the broncos had the #1 seed in the AFC, and they were 13-3...and last night the final score was 28-13. Not 28-21!

Also, Tom Brady makes belichick look better than he really is. When Brady retires or begins to lose a few steps, belichick will be living on borrowed time. Just wait and see. He will return to form with what we saw in Cleveland.

Edit: fml I was responding to a post that was over a year old...

notorious 01-21-2013 08:48 AM

Does anyone check OP dates anymore?

B_Ambuehl 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

The point is the Pats should easily win the super bowl every yr if Belichik weren't hung up on himself and "The Patriot Way" Go back thru the last 5 yrs drafts and look at who hes picked and who he hasn't. Look at all the talent he's passed over. He's not that dumb, but he does think he's god. The basic theme that was evident even 3 yrs ago is that Belichik thinks he can win with slapdicks. He wants to win with slapdicks, which makes him look like the man.

But slapdicks generally don't get it done against good talent.

Jim Caldwell did everything he could to give the Pats the game yesterday, but the talent difference between NE and Baltimore was too great.