ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Was your Scout Leader a Perv? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268913)

gblowfish 01-15-2013 10:28 AM

Was your Scout Leader a Perv?

LA Times has posted information they've researched from the BSA about incidents with scout leaders. There's over 5000 cases, and they have an interactive map where you can check your hometown for reported cases.

Yikes said Canteen Boy.....

http://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

Monty 01-15-2013 10:31 AM

http://i.qkme.me/357b5o.jpg

CoMoChief 01-15-2013 10:33 AM

He wasn't a perv....but he was most certainly gay.

BullJunkandIron 01-15-2013 10:34 AM

I don't know if he was a perv. But, it seems strange now that only a special few scouts got checked for worms followed by an enema.

Graystoke 01-15-2013 10:39 AM

Hmm..I was a Scout Leader.

Dave Lane 01-15-2013 10:42 AM

Jack Roberts in Liberty MO was certainly active...

gblowfish 01-15-2013 10:43 AM

Canteen Boy!
<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=4al02wcqcg30ozlisavzkw" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy 01-15-2013 10:50 AM

Nah, he was a regular guy and he sure did get annoyed with the younger kids that acted a fool.

Edit: In that article, it does list an incident during the time I was there (1998), but there are no details - instead of a name it just has a number and there is no file attached. I don't recall ANYTHING like that ever happening and I can't see any of the leaders ever doing that.

Edit #2: Further investigation shows that it happened in 1987 instead, and this is all that happened:

He was apparently charged in June ’87 with
molesting a youth. Handwritten statement from the
victim shows that he put his arm around the youth
and then touched him. No conviction resulted.

Edit #3: I see that the article linked in the OP says that the date listed is when the record was created with the BSA, not when the incident occurred.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 11:34 AM

Nope, my scout experience was small town americana and nothing but wholesome... hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and chevrolet.

listopencil 01-15-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320419)
Nope, my scout experience was small town americana and nothing but wholesome... hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and chevrolet.

Same here, and I helped to continue that with my sons.

NewChief 01-15-2013 11:39 AM

My dad was my scout leader. He had 50 scouts get their Eagle while he led our troop, including his three sons and two nephews. He was a stellar person and was fundamental in shaping the character of many "important" leaders in my hometown and state.

He did it old school, military style and would be sued or booted from scouting in today's climate due to the type of troop he ran, but I'm grateful for everything I learned in it.

As for pervs in scouting, I knew (and was obliviously hit on by) one of the most notorious and dangerous pervs in scouting history: Jack Walls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Stocks

http://www.heathstocks.com/jackwalls.html

Easy 6 01-15-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9320430)
Same here, and I helped to continue that with my sons.

Yep, made sure my son was able to experience it as well.

Its a good life skills training ground.

tooge 01-15-2013 11:45 AM

Reminds me of the old joke.

Guy asks new neighbor to come over friday night for a party with lots of drinkin, ****in, and fightin.

Who's gonna be there asks the neighbor.

Just the two of us.

I take my kids "scouting" all the time in the woods and teach them about camping, survival skills, bushcrafts, etc. I'm not lettin some homo stay the weekend with my boy.

Warrior5 01-15-2013 11:46 AM

No, none of them.

tooge 01-15-2013 11:48 AM

reading the poster responses is funny. First one says we have a "penis problem" in the world.

Also, I always wondered why they called them "packs". Now I know.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9320444)
Reminds me of the old joke.

Guy asks new neighbor to come over friday night for a party with lots of drinkin, ****in, and fightin.

Who's gonna be there asks the neighbor.

Just the two of us.

I take my kids "scouting" all the time in the woods and teach them about camping, survival skills, bushcrafts, etc. I'm not lettin some homo stay the weekend with my boy.

ROFL i'll be telling that joke here at work today.

As far as not letting a stranger take your kids camping, not all of us had dads around to do those things.

Mr. Laz 01-15-2013 11:50 AM

my 'pack' leader was a woman.

mom of one of the other kids in the group

:shrug:

There was a top leader guy of the entire city but only saw him at awards/badge ceremonies.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:11 PM

My scout leader used to drop deuce on my chest. Then we'd wrap his disgusting crap in plastic wrap and throw shitballs at all the other scouts. Then he'd shove his hairy tubesteak up my shit machine before taking a shower.

BigCatDaddy 01-15-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320507)
My scout leader used to drop deuce on my chest. Then we'd wrap his disgusting crap in plastic wrap and throw shitballs at all the other scouts. Then he'd shove his hairy tubesteak up my shit machine before taking a shower.

BlackBob?

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9320523)
BlackBob?

No, my homies call me "bobeph."

TheGuardian 01-15-2013 12:19 PM

My scouting years were awesome. Lots of hikes, camping, fun shit. I feel like this is some shit the media digs up because the Scouts are opposed to gay scout masters. so of course, they need to be slammed. JFC.....

Easy 6 01-15-2013 12:21 PM

Where in the hell are all of these turd n00bs coming from today?

Are we getting trolled by a bunch of battery whipping philly guidos?

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320507)

You should probably have gotten that checked out, brah.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:23 PM

Did your scout leader ever cram his thumb up your ass and then wipe a shit smear under your nose? Mine did. Then he'd call me "Shitler" and beat the crap out of me with a dead salmon.

loochy 01-15-2013 12:23 PM

QUIT TALKING TO EACH OTHER NOOBS

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9320551)
QUIT TALKING TO EACH OTHER NOOBS

Lick my veiny tip, tool.

GloryDayz 01-15-2013 12:28 PM

Wow, mine was very cool... Mainly my Dad (Scout Master) and other military men running the show, so any pervs would been made into tinder rather quickly. But there were none...

Bugeater 01-15-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320544)
Where in the hell are all of these turd n00bs coming from today?

Are we getting trolled by a bunch of battery whipping philly guidos?

It would appear so. They really suck at it though.

Deberg_1990 01-15-2013 12:29 PM

Wow, i always wondered why my Scout Leader was so interested in seeing me pitch my tent.

blaise 01-15-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9320534)
My scouting years were awesome. Lots of hikes, camping, fun shit. I feel like this is some shit the media digs up because the Scouts are opposed to gay scout masters. so of course, they need to be slammed. JFC.....

I think that's at least partially true.

NewChief 01-15-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320584)
I think that's at least partially true.

Well, it's similar to the Catholic church in that it's an organization taking a hard stance on homosexuality but that's rife with same sex pedophilia.

But yeah, the media definitely has a hard on of the BSA. As an Eagle and Vigil of OA, I don't really recognize the organization that scouting has become. My kids aren't going to do Cub Scouts any longer after a pretty miserable first year. I'm unsure whether we'll do Boy Scouts or not. Modern Boy Scouts seems a little "pussy" for my tastes, and I'm not exactly a hard core military type.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornholeeater (Post 9320572)
It would appear so. They really suck at it though.

We needs the mods to bust out their weapon of mass noob destruction.

loochy 01-15-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320614)
We needs the mods to bust out their weapon of mass noob destruction.

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uplo...01_555x350.gif

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 12:49 PM

I don't understand - new people aren't allowed to post?

loochy 01-15-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9320657)

New people are allowed to post normally. We frown upon new people that just come in and troll.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:54 PM

Nobody is trolling, Hatchi. Just relax.

WhiteWhale 01-15-2013 12:54 PM

No, because I quit scouts when I was young because all my stupid troop ever did was bake cupcakes and play silly little games. I guess that's what happens when your boyscout leader is a woman... but I did have two friends who told me they were raped by their scout leader.

One of them became a rapist and spent 4 years in jail. I don't talk to him anymore, but yeah... ****ed up stuff man. It's the perfect job for a predator.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9320657)

Gotta love these boards where you join and there's always a bunch of e-tough guys that have to break you in. It's like a right of passage in cyber world. It's really uckn' queer if you as me, but what ever.

I joined this MB b/c I finally have something to be excited about. Andy needed a new start, we needed a new coach.

BigCatDaddy 01-15-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9320679)
No, because I quit scouts when I was young because all my stupid troop ever did was bake cupcakes and play silly little games. I guess that's what happens when your boyscout leader is a woman... but I did have two friends who told me they were raped by their scout leader.

One of them became a rapist and spent 4 years in jail. I don't talk to him anymore, but yeah... ****ed up stuff man. It's the perfect job for a predator.

Denmothers.... yum.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 01:00 PM

Well, I was a girl scout and everyone DID love my cookies.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9320704)
Well, I was a girl scout and everyone DID love my cookies.

Pics of you in your GS outfit?

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320695)
Gotta love these boards where you join and there's always a bunch of e-tough guys that have to break you in. It's like a right of passage in cyber world. It's really uckn' queer if you as me, but what ever.

I joined this MB b/c I finally have something to be excited about. Andy needed a new start, we needed a new coach.

I'll take my lumps and go through the initiation process, regardless of how ghey it may be.

tooge 01-15-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320550)
Did your scout leader ever cram his thumb up your ass and then wipe a shit smear under your nose? Mine did. Then he'd call me "Shitler" and beat the crap out of me with a dead salmon.

K, that made me lol.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9320736)
I'll take my lumps and go through the initiation process, regardless of how ghey it may be.

Exactly. You ignore them and they eventually crawl back in to their pathetic hole while they await the next n00b to agitate.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9320742)
K, that made me lol.

Finally, someone with a sense of humor. Geeesh!

blaise 01-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320747)
Exactly. You ignore them and they eventually crawl back in to their pathetic hole while they await the next n00b to agitate.

You guys going to cry about it all day?

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320758)
You guys going to cry about it all day?

Buwaha! Good one, Bro! Man, that was top notch stuff there. Don't hurt me too bad now. Okay?

binkybink77 01-15-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320719)
Pics of you in your GS outfit?

You sick pedophile.

You must be a scout leader.

Robert D. Ephius 01-15-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9320811)
You sick pedophile.

You must be a scout leader.

I was once.

blaise 01-15-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9320809)
Buwaha! Good one, Bro! Man, that was top notch stuff there. Don't hurt me too bad now. Okay?

I didn't think it was top stuff. Just asking. Seems like it's your cause or something.

HemiEd 01-15-2013 01:34 PM

This has to be a world record on mults/trolls in one thread.

Our Scoutmaster busted his butt and made it his life. In retrospect, he was never really appreciated enough, nor did he get the respect he deserved.

He was very poor, with a pretty large family, and he had a low paying job making coolers at Coleman. Everything he could scrounge up and all his spare time went in to troop 936.

blaise 01-15-2013 01:42 PM

Scout leaders aren't supposed to be there to watch the kids, anyway, are they? The parents are supposed to be there and go. The Scout Leader basically organized the meetings, sets an agenda, etc. The Leaders aren't there to babysit. If you're just turning over your kids to some other person and washing your hands of responsibility then you're an idiot. Scouts is supposed to be parent involved.

Brock 01-15-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9320859)
This has to be a world record on mults/trolls in one thread.

Our Scoutmaster busted his butt and made it his life. In retrospect, he was never really appreciated enough, nor did he get the respect he deserved.

He was very poor, with a pretty large family, and he had a low paying job making coolers at Coleman. Everything he could scrounge up and all his spare time went in to troop 936.

Was it Dennis Rader?

NewChief 01-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320893)
Scout leaders aren't supposed to be there to watch the kids, anyway, are they? The parents are supposed to be there and go. The Scout Leader basically organized the meetings, sets an agenda, etc. The Leaders aren't there to babysit. If you're just turning over your kids to some other person and washing your hands of responsibility then you're an idiot. Scouts is supposed to be parent involved.

True for cubs, not true for Boy Scouts. We often had a max of 3 adults with us on many of our scouting expeditions. Hell, we sometimes had only 1 adult as a lot of the stuff we were doing, you couldn't drag most adults to do (float trips in the winter, camping in 10 degree weather, 20 mile backpacking trips).

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 01:46 PM

HI BINKY!! :wub:

HemiEd 01-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9320901)
Was it Dennis Rader?

Uh no, I think my Scoutmaster was probably 25 years older than him, if not more, and his name was Mr. VanSickle. Pretty odd that I can't remember his first name.

blaise 01-15-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9320907)
True for cubs, not true for Boy Scouts. We often had a max of 3 adults with us on many of our scouting expeditions. Hell, we sometimes had only 1 adult as a lot of the stuff we were doing, you couldn't drag most adults to do (float trips in the winter, camping in 10 degree weather, 20 mile backpacking trips).

I wouldn't even want to be a leader then on the Boy Scout level.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9320917)
HI BINKY!! :wub:

Do I know you? You're name is silly. Why would the Chiefs pass a lot when they have Jamaal Charles and horrible quarterbacks?

NewChief 01-15-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320926)

I was den leader for one year for my eldest's cub scout den (albeit, I never did Cubs as a boy, going straight to Boy Scouts), and I quit after one year. I was babysitting people's kids. On top of that, I was having to discipline people's kids in front of them.

We toured a fire station, and the little ****ers went ballistic in there, starting running through the station, hopping on the firefighter's beds, jumping on the couch in their break room, etc... all the while these little cretin's parents were just watching them misbehave.

I figured I was going to end up in a lawsuit if I continued as a leader, so I quit. And hell... I teach high school. My patience with and tolerance for disrespectful kids is pretty high.

I may try again when mine are of age to join Boy Scouts, but I think I'll more likely just raise them in the woods with our group of likeminded friends. Plus... I like to sit around the fire at night and drink beer... which is kind of a no no with the Boy Scouts.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9320934)
Do I know you? You're name is silly. Why would the Chiefs pass a lot when they have Jamaal Charles and horrible quarterbacks?

Are you calling me a "name is silly"? The Chiefs will pass a lot because of the Walrus!!!

Andy needs Josh Freeman and the top Tackle in the draft. He'll immediately turn this franchise around.

YourChiefConcern 01-15-2013 02:13 PM

Andy has always had high calibur RBs.

To say he's gonna pass a lot is just ridiculous. Clearly you know nothing about football.

loochy 01-15-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320926)

Generally there is a good distribution of older scouts and younger scouts. I think the ages range from like 6th grade to 12th grade. The older, more responsible scouts in leadership positions typically act as the authority and leadership with rough guidance from the scoutmaster(s). The SPL (Senior Patrol Leader, an older scout) runs the meetings and activities and delegates authority appropriately. The group is further broken up into patrols of 5 or 6 scouts with their own designated leadership.

NewChief 01-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9321187)
Generally there is a good distribution of older scouts and younger scouts. I think the ages range from like 6th grade to 12th grade. The older, more responsible scouts in leadership positions typically act as the authority and leadership with rough guidance from the scoutmaster(s). The SPL runs the meetings and activities and delegates authority appropriately.

Exactly. Each of our patrols would plan their entire menu for the group, designate shoppers, and take care of all the cooking for themselves. My dad's job was basically to ride chaperone, plan the overriding activity (often with help from the SPL's), and then eat with whatever patrol he thought had the best food.

loochy 01-15-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9321233)
Exactly. Each of our patrols would plan their entire menu for the group, designate shoppers, and take care of all the cooking for themselves. My dad's job was basically to ride chaperone, plan the overriding activity (often with help from the SPL's), and then eat with whatever patrol he thought had the best food.

Our adults would always cook their own meals and they would always cook some delicious gourmet dutch oven food. Every once in a while they's let us have some, but not often. It seemed like us kids always made foil pack meals and breakfast burritos.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9320950)
Are you calling me a "name is silly"? The Chiefs will pass a lot because of the Walrus!!!

Andy needs Josh Freeman and the top Tackle in the draft. He'll immediately turn this franchise around.

Have fun with Andy's clock management and timeout usage. Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321393)
Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

We're WAY ahead of you on that take, but i'll give you a 9.0 for the effort.

Stewie 01-15-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9320607)
I'm unsure whether we'll do Boy Scouts or not. Modern Boy Scouts seems a little "pussy" for my tastes, and I'm not exactly a hard core military type.

http://ib.huluim.com/video/12426219?size=512x288

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321393)
Have fun with Andy's clock management and timeout usage. Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

Don't forget incessantly passing on 1st down, on 3rd and 4th in short, in goal line situations, and on 20 degree, 50 mph wind days.

And offensive line coaches as defensive coordinators.

And running your franchise RB with less than 2 minutes to go in a blowout.

youtube. com/watch?v=AhO_W7BIA60

loochy 01-15-2013 03:43 PM

g

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9320278)
LA Times has posted information they've researched from the BSA about incidents with scout leaders. There's over 5000 cases, and they have an interactive map where you can check your hometown for reported cases.

Yikes said Canteen Boy.....

http://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

When I would assist my daughter's Troop Leader on GS/Brownie trips, her and the other two mothers would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned grown men, and boys telling her how this stuff happened. She heard it all.

loochy 01-15-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9321532)
When I would assist my daughter's Troop Leader on GS/Brownie trips, her and the other two mothers would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned grown men, and boys telling her how this stuff happened. She heard it all.

Oh yeah? Well when I was on BS/Webelos trips, the Scoutmasters would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned ugly fat women and girls telling her how this stuff happened. He heard it all.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9321408)
We're WAY ahead of you on that take, but i'll give you a 9.0 for the effort.

You're going to have one "heck of" a screen game though.

houstonwhodat 01-15-2013 04:26 PM

Only on CP would you read a thread like this.

Bravo!

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321586)
You're going to have one "heck of" a screen game though.

And if you go into the season without a punt returner or linebacker or safety, you're probably "fine there".

binkybink77 01-15-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9321593)
Only on CP would you read a thread like this.

Bravo!

Actually, I know of another forum in the NFL that covers everything from blue waffles to come recipes. This would be a pretty typical thread there.

kc rush 01-15-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9320907)

Can't do 1 adult anymore due to the preditor issues. I never had problems in any of my time scouting. Mine are only in Cubs at the moment, but I keep a close eye on what is happening with each of them.

warpaint* 01-15-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320419)

Mine too thankfully.

suzzer99 01-15-2013 06:29 PM

No but my Karate teacher was. Made all the boys suck in their balls and he personally checked to make sure they were tucked up in there. Said it was an important skill for Karate. Yes - for 4th graders who haven't even gotten their white belt. Gotta know how to tuck your balls in your pelvic cavity. There were even women working in the class who went along with it.

I think the dude got arrested later. He was in Independence, early 80s. Some kind of former champion in Ryuku Kempo.

Oh yeah - also I went to Bartell's Rockin' B ranch in Iowa in the 80s. One of the Bartell family members that worked there was later arrested for molesting kids.

Seems like at least half the people I know have some kind of close call as kids or did have something happen to them. What was it about the 70s and 80s in the midwest?

BlackHelicopters 01-15-2013 07:09 PM

Scout leader was fine. Dude who taught wood shop in junior high was a pedophile. In prison now.

Rain Man 01-15-2013 07:28 PM

They obviously need to make the uniforms less slutty.