ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who would you want as our next HC: Billick, Cowher or Gruden? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264570)

Kylo Ren 10-02-2012 11:54 AM

Who would you want as our next HC: Billick, Cowher or Gruden?

I heard this being discussed on the radio today. Yes, I would like a new HC for next season. I never was sold on Crennel. My pick would be, and always has been, Cowher. My close second choice woudl be Gruden. But, I would be OK with Billick.

Would you have a problem with any of these three guys being HC and GM? Supposedly, Cowher would probably want to wear the GM hat too.

Obviously, if you choose "other" please state who and why.

Exoter175 10-02-2012 11:55 AM

Cowher, but I'd probably place Billick 2nd, and then add in Kirk Ferentz 3rd.

BoneKrusher 10-02-2012 11:55 AM

Cowher Power.

KCUnited 10-02-2012 11:55 AM

Mother**** all 3, the game has passed by them all, imo.

bevischief 10-02-2012 12:04 PM

Someone who's young and hungry, the football gods on here have posted them many times before same with GM.

Beerthirty 10-02-2012 12:10 PM

Gruden or some other offensive minded coach. Then he would Have to bring a defense that attacks like Pittsburgh and bring the linebackers. Also sell the draft for Geno Smith but rather tank the season and Have the 1st pick in every round. QB LB SS Move Berry to Fs

penguinz 10-02-2012 12:10 PM

Why are people so obsessed with the chin?

TEX 10-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8970495)

Because he would restore the brand of football that defines KC.

BoneKrusher 10-02-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8970495)

speaking for myself:
he would put a team on the field that i could say "yeah the Chiefs are my team" and not be embarrassed.

Grim 10-02-2012 12:15 PM

None of the above.

keg in kc 10-02-2012 12:15 PM

Out of that group, Gruden. By a mile. I would want somebody younger, though. I think they had the right idea with Haley, he just turned out to be the wrong guy. I want the next great coach, not a retread.

Fish 10-02-2012 12:16 PM

Come on guys... think forward. Quit clinging to the past. It's a different game, and these guys were phased out of it for a reason. We need a new, fresh approach. We need a coach who will understand the future of the game of football, not what it was 15 years past.

Demonpenz 10-02-2012 12:16 PM

Greg Loyd and Kevin Greene has our linebackers coaches,

Sofa King 10-02-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8970515)
Come on guys... think forward. Quit clinging to the past. It's a different game, and these guys were phased out of it for a reason. We need a new, fresh approach. We need a coach who will understand the future of the game of football, not what it was 15 years past.

This

Sofa King 10-02-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8970516)
Greg Loyd and Kevin Greene has our linebackers coaches,

Neil O'donnell as our QB coach.

pimpchief 10-02-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

None of those three guys are stupid. None of those three guys have taken any time off from studying the game of football. If they choose to return to coaching, they know what the game is now, and they'll only return if they have confidence they can adapt.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8970505)
Because he would restore the brand of football that defines KC.

Defined by whom?

saphojunkie 10-02-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Cowher wasn't phased out. He left after a Super Bowl because his wife died.

He would fix the defense for sure and has always drafted well.

However, NO COACH has EVER won a Super Bowl with two different franchises. Hiring one of these guys would mean you are rebuilding without the hope of winning it all. They'd likely have to pass the baton for that to happen.

dannybcaitlyn 10-02-2012 12:28 PM

Cowher all the way!

DJ's left nut 10-02-2012 12:28 PM

Gimme a defensive HC every single time.

Your coordinators create your game plan, your HC instills attitude. Defensive minded HCs create a more cohesive, aggressive attitude throughout their entire team.

It seems to suggest I would be pro-Cowher but ultimately I went Billick. I know his background is as an OC, but he did a great job with his defenses in Baltimore and really showed that he knew how to operate on both sides of the ball.

Ultimately I wouldn't want any of them, but if forced to pick between those 3, gimme Billick.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8970552)

His wife didn't die until three and a half years after he retired.

Quote:

He didn't run the drafts: That was Dan Rooney, Tom Donahoe and later, Kevin Colbert.

And Pittsburgh's drafts have been poor the past ten years. They didn't draft a first round QB for 24 years.

Quote:

However, NO COACH has EVER won a Super Bowl with two different franchises. Hiring one of these guys would mean you are rebuilding without the hope of winning it all. They'd likely have to pass the baton for that to happen.

Cowher's 55 years old and has been out of the game since December 2006. I don't think he would adapt well to the current pass-happy league.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8970554)
Ultimately I wouldn't want any of them, but if forced to pick between those 3, gimme Billick.

I cannot foresee a scenario which any of the guys listed would become head coach of the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs clean house and bring in a young GM, it's likely that GM will hire a younger coach, not a guy old enough to be their dad.

Fish 10-02-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8970542)
None of those three guys are stupid. None of those three guys have taken any time off from studying the game of football. If they choose to return to coaching, they know what the game is now, and they'll only return if they have confidence they can adapt.

Their intelligence level is irrelevant. Each of them are obviously very smart to have the success they had. It's their approach to the game that is too old. That's what's been phased out. You can't simply bring in a smash mouth type coach, and expect smash mouth football to work because it had success at one point in the past. Football philosophies don't really evolve much, in the heads of old coaches. Which is why we have the statistic showing that coaches don't win superbowls with Team #2. Also why Romeo is currently floundering...

DJ's left nut 10-02-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970566)
I cannot foresee a scenario which any of the guys listed would become head coach of the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs clean house and bring in a young GM, it's likely that GM will hire a younger coach, not a guy old enough to be their dad.

Nor can I.

Well no, that's not true. I think if the Chiefs offered Cowher complete control, he'd come. And probably Billick as well.

Give them the 'Belichick' package and I'll bet they'd give it a go. They'd probably do a half-assed job and suck pretty terribly, but they'd try, IMO.

Like I said - I don't like this plan, just answering the poll.

pimpchief 10-02-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8970569)
Their intelligence level is irrelevant. Each of them are obviously very smart to have the success they had. It's their approach to the game that is too old. That's what's been phased out. You can't simply bring in a smash mouth type coach, and expect smash mouth football to work because it had success at one point in the past. Football philosophies don't really evolve much, in the heads of old coaches.

That's where these guys' intelligence comes into play. I don't think any of these guys would return to football without being educated enough to know they have to change philosophies.

OnTheWarpath15 10-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970566)

I could see DeCosta taking another lap with Billick, but that's about it.

whoman69 10-02-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

This point needs to be repeated

tooge 10-02-2012 12:52 PM

Gruden. He is a go getter. He lives and breathes offense and quarterback play. If he was paired with a solid 3-4 attack style defensive coordinator, I would be pretty excited. I'd be concerned about Cower now that the game is so dependent on stellar QB play as opposed to the days when he was coaching and a game manager with a good defense behind him could get it done. Don't want Billick.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 01:01 PM

NONE OF THEM

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8970623)
I could see DeCosta taking another lap with Billick, but that's about it.

That crossed my mind but I didn't post it because I really doubt he'd go that route. I could see him reaching for Rob Ryan before Billick. I don't think Billick's undeserving by any means but I don't think he's the right guy right now for the Chiefs.

But that said, I doubt DeCosta leaves Baltimore and I seriously doubt that Clark would even attempt to pry him away because it would cost a fortune.

Considering that Clark will still owe Pioli a reported $5 million if he fires Poili at the end of 2012, I think we'll see more of an "under the radar" guy like Eliot Wolf or Marc Ross take over - a Ryan Grigson/Thomas Dimitroff kind of guy.

I'd shit my pants if he went after Polian. I truly hope that isn't the case.

beach tribe 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

If Tom Caughlin was available, people would say the game has passed him by.

saphojunkie 10-02-2012 01:18 PM

The shame of it all is that Todd Haley was the right move on paper. Young, up and coming coach. It was the right idea and the wrong execution.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8970699)
If Tom Caughlin was available, people would say the game has passed him by.

The difference being that Coughlin has continually coached throughout his career. Billick and Cowher have been out of the game for more than five seasons each and Gruden's been out four.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970697)

Or Charley Casserly :D

OnTheWarpath15 10-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970697)
That crossed my mind but I didn't post it because I really doubt he'd go that route. I could see him reaching for Rob Ryan before Billick. I don't think Billick's undeserving by any means but I don't think he's the right guy right now for the Chiefs.

But that said, I doubt DeCosta leaves Baltimore and I seriously doubt that Clark would even attempt to pry him away because it would cost a fortune.

Considering that Clark will still owe Pioli a reported $5 million if he fires Poili at the end of 2012, I think we'll see more of an "under the radar" guy like Eliot Wolf or Marc Ross take over - a Ryan Grigson/Thomas Dimitroff kind of guy.

I tend to agree with this. And for the record, I'd be pretty happy with a guy like Wolf if DeCosta wasn't available.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8970718)
The shame of it all is that Todd Haley was the right move on paper. Young, up and coming coach. It was the right idea and the wrong execution.

I'd agree but only if there was no prior connection. Hiring a guy that worked for your father-in-law isn't much of a stretch.

Dayze 10-02-2012 01:25 PM

out of that Group. Billick

Mr. Flopnuts 10-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8970624)
This point needs to be repeated

And it needs to be repeated again. I haven't even allowed myself to think about it. I know people will call me nuts, but Bobby Petrino is a guy I would ABSOLUTELY talk too. Jay Gruden is another guy that intrigues me to some degree. I'd have to put some thought into it from there.

Here's the thing on Petrino. He walked into an absolutely ****ed situation in Atlanta. Yeah what he did was ****ed, but ultimately, he didn't sign up for a rebuild. The situation changed considerably when he got there. He's a helluva coach. Don't believe me? Look at Arkansas now. Same ****ing players. I think he would be successful here.

Ultimately, none of it ****ing matters without a competent QB. Notice I didn't say exceptional.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8970738)
I tend to agree with this. And for the record, I'd be pretty happy with a guy like Wolf if DeCosta wasn't available.

I think (and it's only speculation at this point) that Wolf would be an excellent hire. He's done a great job in Green Bay and has his father's ear. But with that said, as GM only. None of this handing the franchise over to one guy nonsense.

Clark needs to hire a football administrator to hire a football GM. That's one of the reasons I agreed with ChiefsCountry about Russ Ball yesterday. Ball would be the perfect choice as President with Wolf as his GM, then hire a coach and work as a committee instead of a dictatorship.

I realize that Clark, like his father, just wants to hire ONE GUY to run everything but that just isn't a reality in today's NFL. It's not a part time job, like it was in the 60's and 70's and it's WAY too much to handle for one guy.

I firmly believe that 2008's excellent draft class wasn't an accident: All of the draft decisions had been stripped from Carl, so Kuharich and the scouts worked with Herm to create the best draft class in decades for the Chiefs.

This is the type of scenario that needs to happen if the Chiefs to be successful moving forward.

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 01:31 PM

None of the above?

I don't understand the fascination with retread head coaches, a head coach has never won a super bowl with two different teams.

Discuss Thrower 10-02-2012 01:33 PM

If you could find a way to nail Petrino's dick to the wall and force him here for a minimum of two seasons, I'd say go for it.

It might lead to Miami Dolphins '12-'13 part 2: Electric Boogaloo, but it's better than retreads.

fan4ever 10-02-2012 01:33 PM

I would vote Gruden just to get him the fuck off MNF...I can't stand his over-hyped remarks about every player on the field...

Bump 10-02-2012 01:34 PM

honestly at this point I'd be ok with any of them. **** it.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:35 PM

Petrino will never gain the trust of an NFL owner, ever again.

He's a brilliant offensive mind but the guy is a train wreck off the football field.

CaliforniaChief 10-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970777)

He's a brilliant offensive mind but the guy is a motorcycle wreck off the football field.

FYP

Discuss Thrower 10-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

He's a brilliant offensive mind but the guy is a train wreck off the football field.

But what's worse: his ditching of Atlanta after the Vick thing or his screwing of another's wife along with abusing his position as a program head in college?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-02-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

I think you're right. But I'd take the chance on him, because frankly, I don't care who he ****s if we win football games. But I don't think he'll ever coach in the NFL again.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8970813)
I think you're right. But I'd take the chance on him, because frankly, I don't care who he ****s if we win football games. But I don't think he'll ever coach in the NFL again.

I'm with you there. I just don't think any NFL owner trusts him again.

I'm guessing he'll get another shot soon at a BCS school. I'd sure take him at Kansas over Charlie Weis!

Richard_Cuckold 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Cowher all the way.
He'd at least make the Chiefs competitive

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970823)
I'm with you there. I just don't think any NFL owner trusts him again.

I'm guessing he'll get another shot soon at a BCS school. I'd sure take him at Kansas over Charlie Weis!

Idk about that, we've assembled a super bowl caliber staff here in Lawrence.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8970793)
But what's worse: his ditching of Atlanta after the Vick thing or his screwing of another's wife along with abusing his position as a program head in college?

Quitting 13 games into his rookie season is far worse than bangin' some broad. It shows a true lack of responsibility, not only to the owner and players but to the fans as well.

If he had finished the season and parted ways with Atlanta, I think that he'd get another shot, affair and all. But he just didn't burn a bridge with Arthur Blank in 2007, he burned that bridge with every NFL owner.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8970828)
Idk about that, we've assembled a super bowl caliber staff here in Lawrence.

I like Charlie Weis and think that he'll do a fine job at KU. But in all honesty, Petrino has a far better head coaching resume than Weis at the college level.

Look no further than Arkansas's collapse this season as proof.

listopencil 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

However, NO COACH has EVER won a Super Bowl with two different franchises.

Yeah, the thing is, no coach is going to step in to KC and immediately turn the Chiefs into a dominant team. You guys need to make the move from shitty, to respectable, to contender. Give a guy like Cowher (or maybe Gruden) four years to build up your franchise. Let him put a staff together but stay on the lookout for an up and coming coordinator. I know that the ultimate goal for every team every year is to win the Super Bowl. That's great. My ultimate goal is to be happy, peaceful and wise. That's not going to happen every day, and KC isn't going to win the Super Bowl every year.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 8970827)
Cowher all the way.
He'd at least make the Chiefs competitive

Billick and Gruden would make them "competitive" but none of these guy is "The Answer".

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970839)
I like Charlie Weis and think that he'll do a fine job at KU. But in all honesty, Petrino has a far better head coaching resume than Weis at the college level.

Look no further than Arkansas's collapse this season as proof.

Oh, I think he may end up lifting us from laughing stock status, I was moreso referring to the inane expectations people had for him around campus earlier this year.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8970844)
Oh, I think he may end up lifting us from laughing stock status, I was moreso referring to the inane expectations people had for him around campus earlier this year.

Eh, well, you're all college kids. It's fun to be positive! When I was at K-State, they were awful and we wore beer cartons on our heads during the games. When I later transferred to KU, no one even attended the football games.

At least you have something to get excited about! :)

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970850)
Eh, well, you're all college kids. It's fun to be positive! When I was at K-State, they were awful and we wore beer cartons on our heads during the games. When I later transferred to KU, no one even attended the football games.

At least you have something to get excited about! :)

Basketball season is around the corner...after all. ;)

In all seriousness, football has always been my favorite sport, and I can not tell you how awesome it would be if we became respectable again. Soft schedule or not, the 2007 season was incredible, (I also loved the 2003, 2005 and 2008 seasons, we were in no way a powerhouse, but simply to be in bowl contention was something to be excited about.) People often criticize KU students for being fair-weathered about football, but, I think we're merely suffering from the same disease that's being inflicted on Chiefs and Royals fans; after so many years of futility, people just lose hope.

gblowfish 10-02-2012 02:08 PM

Dig up Vince Lombardi, get some DNA, clone him.

Beerthirty 10-02-2012 02:38 PM

With the players we have now. If Marty started next week coaching the Chiefs. We would win this crappy division. We would get our asses handed to us in the playoffs but we would make the playoffs even with Cassel.

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:41 PM

Cowher is a winner and can build an organization. All the hate for him on here makes about as much sense as the hate for Trent Green.

chiefzilla1501 10-02-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8970840)
Yeah, the thing is, no coach is going to step in to KC and immediately turn the Chiefs into a dominant team. You guys need to make the move from shitty, to respectable, to contender. Give a guy like Cowher (or maybe Gruden) four years to build up your franchise. Let him put a staff together but stay on the lookout for an up and coming coordinator. I know that the ultimate goal for every team every year is to win the Super Bowl. That's great. My ultimate goal is to be happy, peaceful and wise. That's not going to happen every day, and KC isn't going to win the Super Bowl every year.

You put a good qb on this roster behind a ood head coach, and this is a very good team.

Reerun_KC 10-02-2012 02:44 PM

**** Cowher and his face...

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8970983)
Cowher is a winner and can build an organization. All the hate for him on here makes about as much sense as the hate for Trent Green.

While I agree that the hate for Trent is ridiculous, I've just seen zero evidence that a super bowl winning retread possesses the full commitment to take a new team to the promise land.

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:47 PM

I'm not sure Cowher would win a super bowl here.

What I can say is Arrowhead would be full again and the team would be competitive.

I also would say with Cowher there would be an aggressive move made for a QB and signing some solid players in the off season. None of this Ropati Pitoitua bullshit.

Sorter 10-02-2012 02:48 PM

Mike Zimmer or Chud please.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8971009)
None of this Ropati Pitoitua bullshit.

The irony of this is he had 2 sacks Sunday.

:)

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8971016)
Chud please.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8555/34pgzgl.gif

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8970983)

You know full well NO HC has ever won a SB with 2 different teams.

Why go this route?

Find a new way.

I don't just want competitive, I want a SB win.

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8971050)
You know full well NO HC has ever won a SB with 2 different teams.

Why go this route?

Find a new way.

I don't just want competitive, I want a SB win.

Cowher is my 3rd option he's better than Billick or Gruden.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8971071)
Cowher is my 3rd option he's better than Billick or Gruden.

I don't want any of them.

htismaqe 10-02-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8971089)
I don't want any of them.

Me either.

Iconic 10-02-2012 03:33 PM

Josh McDanielshttp://i48.tinypic.com/35dchu0.png

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8971016)
Mike Zimmer or Chud please.

What has Chud ever done that makes him worthy of a head coaching position?

KCTitus 10-02-2012 04:30 PM

If I have learned anything over the years, its that past success does not necessarily mean anything. A prime example is bringing Pioli in as GM. It was what everyone wanted and we see where that has gotten the team.

This franchise lacks a quality...its a culture of winning and a refusal to accept anything other than success. This club has suffered from culture of losing for way too long. They have failed to do anything substantial since Joe Montana, in spite of Marty and I think that says something.

Today, in this QB driven league, it's even more so. The coaches/GM need to recognize this and make the moves to bring in the talent. If they cannot or will not do that, they need to be replaced.

whoman69 10-02-2012 04:30 PM

Lightning does not strike twice.

Sorter 10-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8971283)
What has Chud ever done that makes him worthy of a head coaching position?

Helped Cam Newton, who nearly everyone and their mother thought was going to have a horrible rookie season have a wonderful season that revitalized Steve Smith's career.

Plenty of head coaches aren't selected because they are necessarily "worthy". Philbin wasn't "worthy". He didn't even call plays. However, he seems like a quality head coach in the making.

Rausch 10-02-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 8971295)
If I have learned anything over the years, its that past success does not necessarily mean anything. A prime example is bringing Pioli in as GM. It was what everyone wanted and we see where that has gotten the team.

This franchise lacks a quality...its a culture of winning and a refusal to accept anything other than success. This club has suffered from culture of losing for way too long. They have failed to do anything substantial since Joe Montana, in spite of Marty and I think that says something.

Today, in this QB driven league, it's even more so. The coaches/GM need to recognize this and make the moves to bring in the talent. If they cannot or will not do that, they need to be replaced.

This franchise has no identity.

There is no blueprint.

Every time we change HC's or GM's it's like we build 1/3 of a house and when it doesn't look right we hire a completely different crew and switch from a ranch style to colonial.

We jump on whatever bandwagon has won last.

Winning franchises don't do that. Pitt knows what they want to be and they hire HC's and sign/draft players to fit that.

The ****ing owner needs a vision of what HE wants and then needs to hire the best people to make that vision work...

DaWolf 10-02-2012 04:43 PM

Chin. Provides toughness, stability, has developed a franchise QB, and is a guy players want to play for. Billick could never develop an offense in BMore and hasn't shown the ability to develop a franchise QB. Gruden is notorious for telling guys one thing and doing another, and for collecting old vets and also has never developed a young franchise QB. I could live with Gruden but I doubt he would succeed as much as Chin...

CaliforniaChief 10-02-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8971306)
This franchise has no identity.

There is no blueprint.

Every time we change HC's or GM's it's like we build 1/3 of a house and when it doesn't look right we hire a completely different crew and switch from a ranch style to colonial.

We jump on whatever bandwagon has won last.

Winning franchises don't do that. Pitt knows what they want to be and they hire HC's and sign/draft players to fit that.

The ****ing owner needs a vision of what HE wants and then needs to hire the best people to make that vision work...

Well said. We need to be the trend-setters. That's why neither Billick, Cowher, or Gruden can be the point man moving forward.

Chiefnj2 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

Pick a GM first and then worry about the coach. Beware of retread hired guns.