ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7836758)
51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization. Odds are pretty good that Stanzi will throw more picks than TD's this year just like most rookies would just being thrown out to the wolves. I don't know what his contract is, but I wouldn't be against him being here for insurance for a year or two at MOST until Stanzi has a full grasp on everything. Even if Stanzi had a full offseason here, at least 9/10 times a rookie QB isn't going to be ready to take over.

It wouldn't be THAT bad if it wasn't a trade. I just think giving up a draft pick for him is a bad idea. Ranks up there with trading Charles for a 3rd. Personally, I think if Cassel goes down, they might as well throw Stanzi out there and see what he can do, cause our season really depends on Cassel anyway.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836699)
You're not going to talk him out of his hate for all things Alex Smith.

I seriously think Alex Smith ran over his dog or ****ed his mom.

You like him so much you should take him home to **** your mom. I'll let you know when I am done with her.

DTLB58 08-19-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7835489)
2011 NFL Trade Rumors – Alex Smith to Chiefs?

August 18, 2011 08:10 PM EDT

comments: 1

Alex Smith has been given several opportunities to win over the front office and fans of the San Francisco 49ers, but the former NFL first-round draft pick has been inconsistent throughout his career, and it could be time for a change in scenery.

The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith.

The latest trade rumor has Smith being sent to the Kansas City Chiefs in a deal that will give Smith a fresh start, and the Chiefs badly needed backup to Matt Cassel. Kansas City now has just rookie fifth-round draft choice Ricky Stanzi as the teams backup, and an injury to Cassel could be harmful to the team's success in the upcoming NFL season.

The good news for Chiefs fans is that Smith would be a cheap acquisition, and it would give the team some much-needed insurance at the quarterback position. If San Francisco brings in a veteran in the next week or two, look for Smith to become a member of a different team before the season begins.

Link??? What site is this from?

chiefzilla1501 08-19-2011 07:34 PM

This would be an awesome acquisition.

But only because I believe you should always have a backup who can at least not embarrass you when he comes in. Smith will NEVER be starter material. But he's not a bad guy to have for 3-4 games if your starter's out.

KS-Surveyor 08-19-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7835493)
9ers qbs always work out well here.

:clap:

Mr. Kotter 08-19-2011 08:46 PM

We could do worse for a backup quarterback. Justa sayin'. :shrug:

warpaint* 08-19-2011 10:40 PM

I have never seen it w/ A.Smith. It's a blah move if they make it. I like the fact they're allegedly trying to do something about the disaster that is our backup qb situation.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836730)
Well, according to the OP

"The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith."

They are more ok with Kaepernick learning from McCown than Smith.

My point is if they are not ok with Smith as a backup we shouldn't be either.

Your point has changed several times. However, it's not likely that a team that had drafted Smith as high as they did, and paid him as much as they did, would keep him around in the locker room with him clearly as the #2 guy when he's been the #1 most of his time and is still young. That's just not usually good for team morale, regardless of how good the QB is.

Micjones 08-20-2011 12:11 AM

For a 6th or a 7th round pick, I'd take him.
Has more experience and is a better QB than Palko.

T-post Tom 08-20-2011 12:13 AM

Bring him in. Thomas Jones will whip his ass into shape. :)

salame 08-20-2011 12:37 AM

I prefer to spell it cheefs

Coogs 08-20-2011 08:20 AM

I would be in favor of this. I know Palko's stint on the field ended with 10 points on the board, bet he was also very fortunate to not have a couple of INT's... one of which would have been an easy pick-six.

Stanzi made some nice throws, and missed on a couple that would have made his stock go up a little more. It would be nice to see what he could do with a little more protection up front, instead of the guys who will not make the roster blocking for him.

J Diddy 08-20-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7838782)

and unlike Brody, he's also won a game.

TEX 08-20-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7838782)

This.
Palko's performance was misleading. Sure he scored BUT he was very fortunate not to have thrown a couple of pics that could easily have lead to points the other way. Stanzi looks like he's aiming the ball..

buddha 08-20-2011 09:32 AM

Alex Smith would be a decent #2 QB.

Neither Palko or Stanzi look anywhere close to NFL quality at this point.