ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Finally,We Will Rock You coming to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282859)

Nzoner 04-07-2014 10:30 PM

Finally,We Will Rock You coming to KC

Saw this in Vegas some years ago and it is a phenomenal musical.It'll be at Starlight for 6 back-to-back nights in June!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Krd9ER3sD1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 04-08-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10547439)
Saw this in Vegas some years ago and it is a phenomenal musical.It'll be at Starlight for 6 back-to-back nights in June!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Krd9ER3sD1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When is it on sale?

Deberg_1990 04-08-2014 07:53 AM

Looks similar to Rock of Ages

Nzoner 04-08-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10547593)
When is it on sale?

April 14th

cosmo20002 04-08-2014 10:48 AM

I like Queen.
But that looks absolutely horrible.

cosmo20002 04-08-2014 10:59 AM

"We Will Rock You takes place in a future age on a planet once called Earth that is now controlled by a mighty corporation. Globalization is complete. Individuality is taboo. Everyone watches the same movies, wears the same clothes and thinks the same thoughts. Music is generated by the corporation’s computers, rock music is unheard and all musical instruments are banned.

The hope of breaking free rests with an unlikely resistance – an alliance of rebel Bohemians, waiting for a hero deep below iPlanet to lead the battle to bring the power of rock back to the people. And in Galileo they may just have found their man… that is, unless the terrifying Killer Queen gets to him first, or even worse, he's actually found somebody to love…"

:facepalm:

htismaqe 04-08-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10548148)
"We Will Rock You takes place in a future age on a planet once called Earth that is now controlled by a mighty corporation. Globalization is complete. Individuality is taboo. Everyone watches the same movies, wears the same clothes and thinks the same thoughts. Music is generated by the corporation’s computers, rock music is unheard and all musical instruments are banned.

The hope of breaking free rests with an unlikely resistance – an alliance of rebel Bohemians, waiting for a hero deep below iPlanet to lead the battle to bring the power of rock back to the people. And in Galileo they may just have found their man… that is, unless the terrifying Killer Queen gets to him first, or even worse, he's actually found somebody to love…"

One facepalm isn't enough. Dear God...

Nzoner 04-08-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10548251)
One facepalm isn't enough. Dear God...

Before I saw it I was like I don't know either but it was excellent.

I know you love and appreciate good music so if you have the time watch the following where Roger Taylor and Brian May talk about the production.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jOI9DHUebVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 04-08-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10548654)
Before I saw it I was like I don't know either but it was excellent.

I know you love and appreciate good music so if you have the time watch the following where Roger Taylor and Brian May talk about the production.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jOI9DHUebVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, since it's coming from you, I really don't have a choice now do I? :D

CoMoChief 04-09-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10548115)
I like Queen.
But that looks absolutely horrible.

first time ever i agree with you

looks reeruned. most musicals are IMO.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10548148)

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

htismaqe 04-09-2014 07:27 AM

I imagine I'm gonna end up seeing it.

Queen is my 13-year old daughter's favorite band.

Why Not? 04-09-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10550268)

This gives my hope for youth. Not even the Queen part but the fact that a 13 year old in today's world has a classic rock favorite band.

Nzoner 04-09-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10550268)

Awesome that a 13 year old today would have such great taste in music,it has to be proper upbringing :D

BTW,I'm going to have to go opening night,if you happen to go that night we should have a cold one.

htismaqe 04-09-2014 10:27 AM

Dude, she's spent the last 2 days wander around the house singing "sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the band to come..."

She loves the Beatles, Queen, Cheap Trick, and My Chemical Romance (as far as a newer band)...