ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe flacco (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269127)

ChiefRocka 01-21-2013 11:18 AM

Speaking specifically to last night's performance. Was Flacco that good or did Boldin make some godly catches over a backup CB?

ChiefMojo 01-21-2013 11:19 AM

This is why I want a QB with the #1 pick. Flacco wasn't some savior coming out of college. He had good measurables but needed coaching up. The last couple of years he has now started to become that franchise QB for the Ravens. I see multiple QB's in this draft class that are in the same talent sphere as Flacco coming out. Flacco's #1 plus is his rocket arm.

loochy 01-21-2013 11:36 AM

FLACKO IS GOOD WE SHOULD TRADE CASSEL FOR HIM AND WE CAN DRAFT JOCKITCH AT #1

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9338886)
Speaking specifically to last night's performance. Was Flacco that good or did Boldin make some godly catches over a backup CB?

I thought Flacco was solid enough and got a few really lucky breaks against Denver. Against New England, he was flat out spectacular.

Dave Lane 01-21-2013 11:51 AM

Contract year.

Bump 01-21-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9338886)

he put it exactly where it needed to be for Boldin to make the catches in somewhat tight coverage.

Ace Gunner 01-21-2013 12:06 PM

Moxy
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1265

Mile High Mania 01-21-2013 01:31 PM

I don't know why so many people dislike the guy. Is he one of the greatest playing today or ever? No on both counts, but he's really good. The Ravens have a very nice team and Flacco is coming into his own, so yeah - he's going to get paid and he's earned it.

5 years in the league and 5 trips to the playoffs.
54-26 as a starter in the regular season.
8-4 playoff record. Lost the AFCW Title game in 2011, won it in 2012.

The guy has played really well and has some things to accomplish before he approaches Eli and Ben status, but he is far from horrible.

lcarus 01-21-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9339173)
I don't know why so many people dislike the guy. Is he one of the greatest playing today or ever? No on both counts, but he's really good. The Ravens have a very nice team and Flacco is coming into his own, so yeah - he's going to get paid and he's earned it.

5 years in the league and 5 trips to the playoffs.
54-26 as a starter in the regular season.
8-4 playoff record. Lost the AFCW Title game in 2011, won it in 2012.

The guy has played really well and has some things to accomplish before he approaches Eli and Ben status, but he is far from horrible.

Not to mention...this would be the 2nd year in a row he got his team to the Super Bowl if not for Lee Evans dropping that pass, or possibly if the kicker didn't shank that game tying FG.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-21-2013 06:31 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

It's amazing what a good playoff run can do for your reputation.

On New Year's Day, Joe Flacco was a good, not great, quarterback whose struggles away from home during the regular season made him a potential postseason liability for the Baltimore Ravens.

Fast forward three weeks. The Ravens have won three straight games, two in frigid and hostile road conditions. In those wins, Flacco has outplayed Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Flacco has thrown eight touchdowns without an interception in the playoffs. According to the NFL Media research department, every quarterback that's thrown eight touchdown passes or more without an interception has won the Super Bowl and taken Super Bowl MVP honors.

The complete list: Joe Montana, 1989 (11 TDs), Steve Young, 1994 (9 TDs), Phil Simms, 1986 (8 TDs), Troy Aikman, 1992 (8 TDs) and Drew Brees, 2009 (8 TDs). Flacco is one killer performance away from some very impressive company.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2013 06:46 PM

If he wins the SB, Flacco is basically following the same career path Eli Manning did at this point. I think he's going to be one of the greats before it's all over. Not top 5 or anything but definitely in the Troy Aikman-Jim Kelly-Phil Simms class.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-21-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9339922)
If he wins the SB, Flacco is basically following the same career path Eli Manning did at this point. I think he's going to be one of the greats before it's all over. Not top 5 or anything but definitely in the Troy Aikman-Jim Kelly-Phil Simms class.

:eek: Wow! That's a pretty bold prediction. He'll be signed long term, big ****ing bucks at this point. That's about as bold as I'm going.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2013 06:54 PM

Eh, I've liked him for three years now. The fact he's done so well without top talent at WR really speaks well as he's now entering his prime years.

Ace Gunner 01-21-2013 06:54 PM

I like his unibrow :)

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 9338873)
turned into decent QB .. he'll get his contract and money .....

Decent QB?

He's way beyond a decent QB.