ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe flacco (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269127)

crispystl 01-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9340467)
Matt Ryan is also not a "new guard" QB. That guy is a major choke artist.

Exactly Ryan = Flacco = mediocre

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9340384)
You gotta remember this board was declaring that Alex Smith was a franchise QB last year because of a few good plays against a shitty Saints defense.

Flacco isn't elite, but he's having a hell of a nice run in a contract year.

The elite discussion has to be revisited then.

What makes them elite? Stats? the ability to bring teams back in big games?

If the criteria is big inflated numbers, then no, Flacco isn't elite.

However, if it's winning in the playoffs and coming back in those playoffs, then yes, he's an elite QB.

He's a Lee Evans and/or Cundiff kick away from going to the SB in back to back years. He beat Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in 3 straight weeks.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340477)
Exactly Ryan = Flacco = mediocre

You're out of your ****ing mind.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340473)
Shoot for the moon not the horizon. Do you want to pay Flacco the money to come here? Seriously? If so be my ****ing guest. He's overrated and you know it.

Just so I can continue laughing, please tell me how he's overrated when there's morons like you everywhere that hate on him.

Sorter 01-21-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9340467)
Matt Ryan is also not a "new guard" QB. That guy is a major choke artist.

He looked pretty solid in the first half of both his playoff games. Playcalling really restricted him IMO.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340484)
He looked pretty solid in the first half of both his playoff games. Playcalling really restricted him IMO.

No, that just can't be. He has to be mediocre.

I'd love to know the scoring matrix for grading these QBs from these blind ****ers.

Sorter 01-21-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340489)

I'd love to know the scoring matrix for grading these QBs from these blind ****ers.

ROFL.

Sorter 01-21-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340489)

Dirk stole my smash concept in the 1st game. Should have used it in the 2nd game, stupid ****ing bastard. LMAO

crispystl 01-21-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340481)
Just so I can continue laughing, please tell me how he's overrated when there's morons like you everywhere that hate on him.

You'd rather have him than Ryan? You'd rather pay him than draft a qb? You don't think he's overrated? Honest questions. C'mon man I'm not attacking you dude just asking.

crispystl 01-21-2013 10:06 PM

Him and Ryan are a wash IMOP

crispystl 01-21-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340480)
You're out of your ****ing mind.

Well in all honesty I am drunk

Hammock Parties 01-21-2013 10:08 PM

Flacco doesn't have big numbers because the Ravens don't throw it as much as other teams. They can't, because their OL is not great from a pass blocking standpoint.

If he played behind Brady's line he'd have huge numbers.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340506)
You'd rather have him than Ryan? You'd rather pay him than draft a qb? You don't think he's overrated? Honest questions. C'mon man I'm not attacking you dude just asking.

How can a guy who wins in the playoffs this much be overrated?

He's gone to the playoffs every single year he's been in the league. The team has transitioned from a defensive powerhouse to an offensive team this year.

They still win. The constant is Flacco.

I would rather Flacco than Ryan. Flacco is a clutch QB. That's not to say that I don't love Ryan though.

If he came available, with this coaching staff, then yes, I'd say pay him. He's still young at 28 and I think his best football is still ahead of him.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340513)
Well in all honesty I am drunk

Ok then there's hope tomorrow.

crispystl 01-21-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340523)
How can a guy who wins in the playoffs this much be overrated?

He's gone to the playoffs every single year he's been in the league. The team has transitioned from a defensive powerhouse to an offensive team this year.

They still win. The constant is Flacco.

I would rather Flacco than Ryan. Flacco is a clutch QB. That's not to say that I don't love Ryan though.

If he came available, with this coaching staff, then yes, I'd say pay him. He's still young at 28 and I think his best football is still ahead of him.

That's totally fair. Point taken.