ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

Infidel Goat 02-16-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9408237)
Insert OMG PANIC gif here.

Here you go:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...ovdbo1_250.gif

Brock 02-16-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408282)
Cam won titles in JUCO and at Auburn.

Lol, nice edit.

Messier 02-16-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408262)
Yep. We can probably get Barkley, Geno , or Wilson with the comp 3rd round pick we get.

He's also saying he thinks a couple of QBs will go in the first round, so clearly he's willing to sacrifice the chance at at least the top two, but he admits the combine and interviews are really important. I don't think he's saying he won't change his tune. That pick is up to Reid anyway.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 06:08 PM

I'm going to ignore this entirely until after the combine. If Dorsey is still being a douchebag, that's when I'll press the panic button.

It IS concerning to me, however, that he's saying pretty much the exact thing that Clark Hunt said just a few days after the Reid hire. If there is some idiotic master plan to trade for another team's back up, that was clearly set in stone probably in the first hour of conversations between Reid and Hunt at the airport.

BigMeatballDave 02-16-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9408269)
I wasn't saying that. I just a few posts mentioning a smoke screen and it doesn't fit with the number 1 pick overall.

I'm not going to lose my shit over it. I'm happy with who is running this franchise. Just going to have to roll with the punches. Why do we keep getting top picks in shitty draft classes? Why does God hate the Chiefs? LOL

I just don't think Dorsey is going to give out any intel, one way or another.

Like others have said, it's not even March yet. Still a ton to evaluate.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:10 PM

Then why even say anything at all? Whats the point?

Brock 02-16-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408300)

This. He just weakened his own position.

RunKC 02-16-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408300)

Why not say anything? What's there to be afraid of? Us liking a QB but another team drafting him before us? Oh wait. :)

RealSNR 02-16-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408282)
Cam won titles in JUCO and at Auburn.

So did Ken Dorsey.

Anybody who values championships as a significant part of a QB's profile is a BlackBobian moron.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9408278)
I get that you are drinking the koolaid of Geno being elite

I don't know WHAT the **** he is, other than a talented guy with some issues.

I do know how he compares to past guys drafted in the first round, and he's ABSOLUTELY a first rounder. It's not rocket science.

Go ahead defend every shitdick in red and gold though, because that's ALL YOU EVER DO until it's obvious they're failures.

Messier 02-16-2013 06:15 PM

Have there been some really good high first round QBs that came from bad or mediocre college teams? I'm sure there have, which ones?

58-4ever 02-16-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408309)

I do know how he compares to past guys drafted in the first round, and he's ABSOLUTELY a first rounder. It's not rocket science.

Go ahead defend every shitdick in red and gold though, because that's ALL YOU EVER DO until it's obvious they're failures.

Then he disappears when he's wrong.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-16-2013 06:16 PM

It ****ing figures that the one ****ing year in team ****ing history that this pathetic ****ing franchise gets the ****ing number 1 pick that there wouldn't be one single ****ing quarterback worth a ****ing shit coming out in the ****ing draft. ****!!!

RunKC 02-16-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9408308)
So did Ken Dorsey.

Anybody who values championships as a significant part of a QB's profile is a BlackBobian moron.

Ok let me rephrase. Cam Newton didn't go into a downward spiral the 2nd half of the season. He got better and better.

He actually showed up against good teams.

|Zach| 02-16-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408309)

Your opinion changes with the wind blowing. He will probably be shit and you will just turn around and call anyone still supporting him the jokes.

It really is easy to be Clay these days. Just bring the drama and use photoshop.