ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kidney Stones,On drugs and listening to "Incense and Peppermints" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113201)

ROYC75 03-30-2005 12:20 PM

Kidney Stones,On drugs and listening to "Incense and Peppermints"

DEMEROL
Chemical Name: MEPERIDINE (me-PER-i-deen)

Yep, that was me yesterday. Lost in Space........

OK, Monday afternoon, I was working and not feeling well. I had this sharp pain in my lower back . I have been working out as of lately but knew this was no muscle pain. I got up and moved around and tha pain got worst and then started to feel it around front, in my lower abdomen.

I knew something was wrong, I started getting ready to go to the hospital. I was going to drive but the pain got worst, I couldn't walk. I had III drive me to the emergency room, by then the pain was unbearable, I was doubled over and had to be seen right away.

Having remembered how this pain felt 5 years ago, I told the doc on duty, I think I'm having a kidney stone attack. They shot me up with some other non narcartic pain medicene that done the trick, but I can only take it every 8 hrs. It was 2:30 pm and at 5:00 pm, they advised me I was spending the night, I had 2 kidney stones, 1 loose, and 1 lodged. The lodged one was in my tube, it was the bitch causing so much pain. Sometime during the evening, I passed the one, no problem. Around 9:00 pm, they gave me a strong dose of demerol.

That's it, damn, the room was spinning, everybody looked funny and I couldn't talk worth a lick. Everybody was laughing there ass's off. So I make thru the night and spend most of Tuesday in the hospital.

At 10:00 am they brought me breakfast as the nurse ws giving me another demerol shot. The room started to move, the pictures were jumping on the wall so I laid down. I had the radio on and Incense and Peppermints came on. I started to think of the hippies and drugs of the 60's-70's and busted out laughing. Here I was doped up and finally understanding what it was like to be on drugs with no self control.

After 47 + years, I made my 1st official visit as a patient. They sent me home on Tuesday afternoon with medications and to see a specilist sometime today or tomorrow. The family doc would set it up and call me.

While at home, I was to piss in a container and filter it for a stone to keep if found. As I filtered the 1st round, I dropped the filter screen and a small white object appeared to bounce in the air, right into the shag carpet. As I tried find it, pick it up, it mashed up into wet powderly substance. I guess it was it, I dunno,but it wasn't painfull at all. Nothing like the attack I had 5 years previously. That one was painfull and produced alot of blood as it came out. I was at the hospital when it came out in the ER.

The puzzling part is, at first both stones were to big to pass or so they claim. Today I feel pretty well, I haven't taken any pain medicene at all since I left the hospital.

Who all has experenced these bad little fuggers ........... :hmmm:

Mark M 03-30-2005 12:28 PM

Wow ... that's gotta suck. Never had kidney stones, but I can relate ...

Hope everything works out for you -- remember to drink more water and take care of yourself, old man!!

MM
~~:)

Chiefnj 03-30-2005 12:32 PM

I'm just waiting for the Deadwood references.

CosmicPal 03-30-2005 12:36 PM

I know how you feel. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I had gallstones a couple of years that sent me to the emergency room. I had requested so much morphine they simply stopped giving me doses after awhile. The pain was utterly inscrutiating!

After the second attack, I said, "***** it!" and had my gallbladder removed.

I hear kidney stones are the absolute worst, and if gallstones were as bad as I experienced them- then I sure the hell don't want kidney stones.

ROYC75 03-30-2005 12:37 PM

Mark, I feel your pain in the back with my degenrative disk. They wanted to do an infusion on me, luckly I had no insurance to have it done. I know the sharp knife pain you speak of.

I have found to strengthen the lower muscles help hold the disk up in place. Yep, this old man is feeling better due to workouts. ( But having to take lortabs to deal with the pain of working out )

Someday I hope to be able to handle the workouts without the drugs .

Braincase 03-30-2005 12:39 PM

When I was first diagnosed with testicular cancer, I was in serious pain. I could stand up, and about 8 minutes after standing up, it was like some Pele just kicked me in the nuts. Try going like that for a few weeks... they initially diagnosed my condition as epididimytis, or just an inflammation.

After going through that, I was happy to lose my right one. Whatever it took to stop the pain. Oh, and drugs are good, too.

Mark M 03-30-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
Mark, I feel your pain in the back with my degenrative disk. They wanted to do an infusion on me, luckly I had no insurance to have it done. I know the sharp knife pain you speak of.

I have found to strengthen the lower muscles help hold the disk up in place. Yep, this old man is feeling better due to workouts. ( But having to take lortabs to deal with the pain of working out )

Someday I hope to be able to handle the workouts without the drugs .

The lortabs did NOTHING for me ... I might as well have taken two sugar pills.

Again, remember to increase your fluid intake. My dad drank about an ounce a water a week before his kidney stones. The Dr. told him at least 64oz a day would help.

So far, so good.

MM

ROYC75 03-30-2005 12:41 PM

MY first attack 5 years ago, I thought I was going to die. The pain was unbearable, apparently the stone was so big it stretched the tube coming out.

Got sick, threw up, chills, when that sucker came out , I let out a scream in the john, man they came running to see what was wrong....... when you see blood coming from your dick, it's not a pretty site.

But for some reasons, these caused pain, but not when they passed out for some reason.

ROYC75 03-30-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
The lortabs did NOTHING for me ... I might as well have taken two sugar pills.

Again, remember to increase your fluid intake. My dad drank about an ounce a water a week before his kidney stones. The Dr. told him at least 64oz a day would help.

So far, so good.

MM

I do, that why this is frustrating. I have a 32 oz QT cup ( from KC ) that I drink from. I usually hit it 3 times a day to the rim.

I thinking out loud here, I have been taking a good deal of vitamins and all natural supplements the last 3 months. I think I will cut back on the calcium tablet since my multi vitamin has some calcium in it.

Just a hunch that was the evil pill.

UTChief 03-30-2005 12:47 PM

I know how you feel after my last accident they took my gullblater out and they told me that I had a lot of stones, thankfull I dont have that problem any more.

Mark M 03-30-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75

I thinking out loud here, I have been taking a good deal of vitamins and all natural supplements the last 3 months. I think I will cut back on the calcium tablet since my multi vitamin has some calcium in it.

I'm no Dr., but that may have something to do with it. The stones are just calcium build up.

MM
~~:hmmm:

DenverChief 03-30-2005 12:53 PM

Yup I had one last month....but all I got was Morphine and vicoden :( ....sounds like you got some hella good pain medication...I know what you mean those I thought I was going to die too those suckers a painful

Mark M 03-30-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
Yup I had one last month....but all I got was Morphine and vicoden :( ....

Demoral rules, but Percocets are pretty nice as well.

MM

DenverChief 03-30-2005 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
Demoral rules, but Percocets are pretty nice as well.

MM

as much as I would love to try those drugs...if it means have to have another stone I'll pass thanks :)

ROYC75 03-30-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
as much as I would love to try those drugs...if it means have to have another stone I'll pass thanks :)

No kiddin.... getting sick just to get the buzz if to damn painfull. :banghead: