ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 03:19 PM

:facepalm:

Valiant 04-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609276)
I want to know how all of Chiefs Planet magically watched all San Fransisco 49er games the last 2 years, heh.

I have watched the majority of every teams games the last few years. It is more fun then watching those cassel filled games. So I wouldn't be surprised if others have either.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2013 03:21 PM

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/...ea5b5d87a9.gif

DaFace 04-21-2013 03:22 PM

Without reading the thread, I'm going to assume the general theme is something along the lines of "OMG BOWE IS SUCH AN IDIOT. DOESN'T HE KNOW ALEX SMITH SUCKS WORSE THAN CASSEL? WHAT A DOUCHE!"

milkman 04-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9609951)
YPA is not a useless metric.

No more than YPC is a useless metric for running backs.

Any and all stats are useless in and of themselves.

His YPA was better than Aaron Rodgers.

Would you argue that makes him better than Rodgers?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9610803)
I have watched the majority of every teams games the last few years. It is more fun then watching those cassel filled games. So I wouldn't be surprised if others have either.

How in the **** do you have time to watch a "majority" of 32 NFL team's games :eek: I have ticket and no way can I get a feel about every team's players in the league without relying on outside sources (see stats)

Messier 04-21-2013 03:27 PM

I watched several Alex Smith games last year. He's more than slightly better than Cassel. To say you can't win unless you have the best D in football history is dumb. They could've won it with him in 2011. The 49er while really good, wasn't incredible, in fact they'd disappear for games, including the playoffs. Yet Smith nearly was a SB starting QB, and played well enough to get them there.

We'll just have to see if the last few years was a fluke, and only JH could get that out of Smith. I think his play will continue, but, we'll see.

philfree 04-21-2013 03:38 PM

If Joe Flacco can win a SB then why can't Alex Smith? I'd be glad to have a team built like the Ravens or 9ers. Neither Flacco or Kaepernick are Brady/Manning/Rogers.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610833)
If Joe Flacco can win a SB then why can't Alex Smith? I be glad to have a team built like the Ravens or 9ers. Neither Flacco or Kaepernick are Brady/Manning.

Flacco willed them to the Super Bowl through his rocket arm in the Denver game.

If Alex ever makes ONE of those throws that Flacco did in last-second mode in a playoff game, I'll get off his ass and admit that it IS possible for him to win a Super Bowl with this Chiefs team.

milkman 04-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610833)
If Joe Flacco can win a SB then why can't Alex Smith? I be glad to have a team built like the Ravens or 9ers. Neither Flacco or Kaepernick are Brady/Manning.

Neither are Brady/Manning, as you say, but both are better QBs than Smith.

Teams have to defend the entire field because of their ability to stretch defenses, and Kaepernick is far more versatile and dynamic.

philfree 04-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9610837)

If Alex ever makes ONE of those throws that Flacco did in last-second mode in a playoff game, I'll get off his ass and admit that it IS possible for him to win a Super Bowl with this Chiefs team.

You mean the play where the WR busted the coverage wide open and Flacco chucked up that Rainbow that was in the air forever and underthrown?

Messier 04-21-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9610837)

Does it have to be 70 yards? What if it's 15 yards? Will any last second throw to win a playoff game do?

philfree 04-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9610840)
Neither are Brady/Manning, as you say, but both are better QBs than Smith.

Teams have to defend the entire field because of their ability to stretch defenses, and Kaepernick is far more versatile and dynamic.

I don't think Flacco is much better then Smith if at all. He has a stronger arm. Kaepernick hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games yet so I'm going to hold off before I anoint him at this point either. I'm no huge Alex Smith fan but I think narrative around here goes a little to far. :shrug:

philfree 04-21-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610852)
Does it have to be 70 yards? What if it's 15 yards? Will any last second throw to win a playoff game do?

No it has to be with no O line and the QB has to throw the length of the field and catch it too or he sucks!

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610860)
I don't think Flacco is much better then Smith if at all.

Except that Flacco:

Throws deep all the ****ing time.

Can actually do it well.

Throws for 300 yards or more several times a year.

Alex Smith throws for 300 yards once every 27 games.

OnTheWarpath15 04-21-2013 04:02 PM

Amazing how even after winning a Super Bowl, Flacco is criminally underrated around here.

philfree 04-21-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9610880)
Amazing how even after winning a Super Bowl, Flacco is criminally underrated around here.

I actually voted Flacco as a franchise QB too.

crazycoffey 04-21-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9610812)
Without reading the thread, I'm going to assume the general theme is something along the lines of "OMG BOWE IS SUCH AN IDIOT. DOESN'T HE KNOW ALEX SMITH SUCKS WORSE THAN CASSEL? WHAT A DOUCHE!"

don't forget, "**** you, your and idiot for not liking my take"

notorious 04-21-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

No kidding.

I was a doubter before the playoffs, but the man turned me around.

He played FANTASTIC in the playoffs.

penbrook 04-21-2013 04:10 PM

Flacco is a Elite qb and a top 5 qb.

Every year hes been in the league he has taken his team to the playoffs.

Setsuna 04-21-2013 04:10 PM

Leave it to Chiefs fans to try and justify mediocrity.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610852)

It kind of does, yeah.

If your QB CAN make that throw, doesn't it make sense that when your team needs it, that's a HUGE advantage that can help you win?

RealSNR 04-21-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9610875)
Except that Flacco:

Throws deep all the ****ing time.

Can actually do it well.

Throws for 300 yards or more several times a year.

Alex Smith throws for 300 yards once every 27 games.

Flacco has also thrown for more than 17 TDs in a season. More than once.

He's sturdier, more successful, stronger, more accurate...

**** why are we having this conversation? It's absurd. Flacco is way better than Alex.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9610894)

Leave it to the only 2 jaguar fans in the world to live on a Chiefs' forum

OnTheWarpath15 04-21-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610860)
I don't think Flacco is much better then Smith if at all. He has a stronger arm. Kaepernick hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games yet so I'm going to hold off before I anoint him at this point either. I'm no huge Alex Smith fan but I think narrative around here goes a little to far. :shrug:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610886)
I actually voted Flacco as a franchise QB too.

So Flacco isn't any better than Smith.

You're no huge Alex Smith fan.

Flacco is a franchise QB.

You're all over the ****ing place.

Setsuna 04-21-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9610898)
Leave it to the only 2 jaguar fans in the world to live on a Chiefs' forum

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

Messier 04-21-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9610895)
It kind of does, yeah.

If your QB CAN make that throw, doesn't it make sense that when your team needs it, that's a HUGE advantage that can help you win?

How far can Alex Smith throw it? What do you think is his longest pass?

Messier 04-21-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9610894)

What do you think of the Jags this year?

philfree 04-21-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9610900)

Not really.

philfree 04-21-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9610893)
Flacco is a Elite qb and a top 5 qb.

Every year hes been in the league he has taken his team to the playoffs.

In the same vein as Alex Smith leading the 9ers to victory in the playoffs.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610930)
How far can Alex Smith throw it? What do you think is his longest pass?

I don't know. But I wouldn't trust a guy who's had extensive shoulder surgery in his career and has never been known to chuck it 70 yards to throw it as far as Flacco has demonstrated.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 04:43 PM

Flacco is head and shoulders above Alex Smith. I can't believe that's even being argued.

Setsuna 04-21-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610935)
What do you think of the Jags this year?

They're going to win one more game than last year with Gabbert at the helm. BUT I think we've laid the ground work for a team full of youth and potential to be able to mesh together and be good again. But not for about 4 years, 3 at best case scenario.

Messier 04-21-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9610969)
I don't know. But I wouldn't trust a guy who's had extensive shoulder surgery in his career and has never been known to chuck it 70 yards to throw it as far as Flacco has demonstrated.

I don't think Smith has the arm strength of Flacco. There are maybe six or seven players that do. I also don't think Smith will throw wounded ducks anything past 35 yards. He has an NFL arm.

philfree 04-21-2013 04:49 PM

IMO if they would have stuck with Alex Smith the 9ers still would have went to the SB. If Alex Smith has 1st and goal to win the SB like Kaepernick did he throws a TD and is SB MVP.

Now how's that for some crazy talk!

ChiefAshhole20 04-21-2013 04:55 PM

Alex and Reid>>> Cassel and Dabol/Muir/shittyOC. We are going to look back and laugh at the thought that we are even discussing the fact that Reid's offense with Alex was even comparable to the trash product that we've seen on the field these past few years.

Marcellus 04-21-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9610900)

Flacco is a turd with a really really strong arm. Thats my opinion. He is Jeff George on a better team.

Wait and see.

He wont win shit again ever and just cost his team a metric shit ton of $$$$$$$$$ because his receivers got hot for 4 games.

ChiefAshhole20 04-21-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610989)
IMO if they would have stuck with Alex Smith the 9ers still would have went to the SB. If Alex Smith has 1st and goal to win the SB like Kaepernick did he throws a TD and is SB MVP.

If Alex would've gotten his job back and had the chance to continue starting, he very well probably would've at least made the NFC championship again. Than there wouldn't have been anyone that would've had a problem with the compensation given up for him, or the fact that he is CLEARLY a big improvement over what was before him in KC.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9610897)
Flacco has also thrown for more than 17 TDs in a season. More than once.

He's sturdier, more successful, stronger, more accurate...

**** why are we having this conversation? It's absurd. Flacco is way better than Alex.

I think a lot of stupid homers think there is one giant tier of QBs after Manning, Brady and Rodgers and can't differentiate.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9611015)
Flacco is a turd with a really really strong arm. Thats my opinion. He is Jeff George on a better team.

Um, the Ravens had the 17th ranked defense.

Their running game was 11th.

The only reason they almost beat the Pats two years ago was Flacco, and the only reason they were in the SB was Flacco.

Rasputin 04-21-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9611004)
Alex and Reid>>> Cassel and Dabol/Muir/shittyOC. We are going to look back and laugh at the thought that we are even discussing the fact that Reid's offense with Alex was even comparable to the trash product that we've seen on the field these past few years.

Are we going be laughing when we can't get past first round in the playoffs?

They sold you a bill of goods with the Alex Smith trade and true fans buy it.

Clown Smile (Death Warmed Over) and your gonna like it.

philfree 04-21-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9611051)
Um, the Ravens had the 17th ranked defense.

Their running game was 11th.

The only reason they almost beat the Pats two years ago was Flacco, and the only reason they were in the SB was Flacco.

Yeah that 87. QB rating and 22 TDs propelled that team to the top.

milkman 04-21-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9610989)

Alex Smith has been about as mediocre in the red zone as any QB in the league.

That game was lost by playcalling on that last drive in the red zone.

philfree 04-21-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9611099)
Alex Smith has been about as mediocre in the red zone as any QB in the league.

That game was lost by playcalling on that last drive in the red zone.

It was shocking that they didn't try and run at least once with Kaepernick but that doesn't change my opinion.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9611095)

Do you even watch playoff games?

Flacco's performances against Brady and Manning were nothing short of spectacular.

milkman 04-21-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9611095)

Over the last two years in the playoffs, Flacco has stepped up his game.

Anquan Boldin was huge in these last playoffs, but Flacco threw passes that Alex Smith would never attempt to give Boldin the opportunity to make plays.

And that is the difference between winning and losing.

Messier 04-21-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9611056)
Are we going be laughing when we can't get past first round in the playoffs?

They sold you a bill of goods with the Alex Smith trade and true fans buy it.

Clown Smile (Death Warmed Over) and your gonna like it.

You make it sound like Reid just wanted to fool Chiefs fans. Those suckers! Wait till my plan works to perfection! Alex Smith will suck, I'll get blamed! I'm a genius!

philfree 04-21-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9611118)
Over the last two years in the playoffs, Flacco has stepped up his game.

Anquan Boldin was huge in these last playoffs, but Flacco threw passes that Alex Smith would never attempt to give Boldin the opportunity to make plays.

And that is the difference between winning and losing.

Flacco has played well in the postseason there is no doubt.

philfree 04-21-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9611120)
You make it sound like Reid just wanted to fool Chiefs fans. Those suckers! Wait till my plan works to perfection! Alex Smith will suck, I'll get blamed! I'm a genius!

Yup they're just trying to pull the wool over eyes.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9611200)
Flacco has played well in the postseason there is no doubt.

They're also 13-2 in the games in which he throws for 300 yards. They win because of his production in those games.

To say Joe Flacco only plays well in the postseason is stupid.

Meanwhile Alex Smith is doing well to hit 200 yards.

Shit man, Flacco outplayed Tom Brady twice last season, and the Ravens were 2-0 against the Pats.

Show me Alex Smith doing something like that.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610982)
I don't think Smith has the arm strength of Flacco. There are maybe six or seven players that do. I also don't think Smith will throw wounded ducks anything past 35 yards. He has an NFL arm.

Smith has an adequate NFL arm. It's not a "plus" arm.

Guys who don't have "plus" arms make up for it all the time with a variety of other qualities. Getting the ball out of their hands quickly. Timing and throwing receivers open. Pinpoint accuracy. Athletic scrambling ability.

Do you think Alex Smith is "plus" in any of THOSE categories? Because he sure as hell needs to be.

Messier 04-21-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611237)
Smith has an adequate NFL arm. It's not a "plus" arm.

Guys who don't have "plus" arms make up for it all the time with a variety of other qualities. Getting the ball out of their hands quickly. Timing and throwing receivers open. Pinpoint accuracy. Athletic scrambling ability.

Do you think Alex Smith is "plus" in any of THOSE categories? Because he sure as hell needs to be.

What's a "plus" arm? Yes I think Smith is "plus" in timing, scrambling, accuracy. I don't now the chart you're using to gage this.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9611268)
What's a "plus" arm? Yes I think Smith is "plus" in timing, scrambling, accuracy. I don't now the chart you're using to gage this.

Scrambling, sure. He's the most athletic guy we've had on the field in 4 seasons, that's for sure.

Timing? No. He's not a plus.

Accuracy? **** no.

He's adequate in both categories. You don't think of the top 10 QBs in accuracy and timing and think of Alex Smith on either of those lists.

If you do then... well, you're special.

Messier 04-21-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611297)
Scrambling, sure. He's the most athletic guy we've had on the field in 4 seasons, that's for sure.

Timing? No. He's not a plus.

Accuracy? **** no.

He's adequate in both categories. You don't think of the top 10 QBs in accuracy and timing and think of Alex Smith on either of those lists.

If you do then... well, you're special.

Is that what " plus" means, top 10? What stats are you using, or are you going by gut? What is his accuracy? How do you know it's just adequate?

RealSNR 04-21-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9611549)
Is that what " plus" means, top 10? What stats are you using, or are you going by gut? What is his accuracy? How do you know it's just adequate?

Your plus factor is the coefficient of the velocity of the ball divided by the vector strength where f(x) is the derivative of his penis size. Use FOIL then solve for y.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609274)
I still don't like the deal, but PFF (who I take more stock in than any poster here for players on other teams) had Alex as a fringe Top 10 QB the last 2 years on a per game basis. On the other hand, even in Cassel's Pro Bowl season it was exposed as a fraud according to them. That made me feel even better seeing that. The guy is a pretty big upgrade at QB.

I'm not a huge fan of the trade, in fact I hate it, buuuut Alex Smith is a metric shit ton better than Cassel.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611602)
I'm not a huge fan of the trade, in fact I hate it, buuuut Alex Smith is a metric shit ton better than Cassel.

It's really not that difficult to be better than historically awful.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9609295)
Anyone have highlights of Smith's deep balls...? Should only take a few seconds to show them all...

No, but I'm pretty sure Gochiefs has some video of him balls deep in another man.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611630)
It's really not that difficult to be better than historically awful.

That's my point.

Messier 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611586)
Your plus factor is the coefficient of the velocity of the ball divided by the vector strength where f(x) is the derivative of his penis size. Use FOIL then solve for y.

Thanks for my answer.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611633)
That's my point.

You can be a "metric shit ton" better than historically awful and still be only average or worse. Hence, "historically bad".

milkman 04-21-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611643)
You can be a "metric shit ton" better than historically awful and still be only average or worse. Hence, "historically bad".

Better than bad does not equal good.

It is that simple.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611643)

Oh I totally agree dude. I'm on your side.

philfree 04-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9611225)
They're also 13-2 in the games in which he throws for 300 yards. They win because of his production in those games.

To say Joe Flacco only plays well in the postseason is stupid.
Meanwhile Alex Smith is doing well to hit 200 yards.

Shit man, Flacco outplayed Tom Brady twice last season, and the Ravens were 2-0 against the Pats.

Show me Alex Smith doing something like that.

I didn't say that. Alex Smith has developed into a better QB then he gets credit for around here. His career is not matt Cassel's end of story.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611676)
Oh I totally agree dude. I'm on your side.

:)

keg in kc 04-21-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Joe Flacco in the playoffs this year (4 games): 72-126 (57.9%) for 1140 yards, 11 TD 0 INT. QBR 83.6, QB rating 117.2. YPA 9.05.

Alex Smith in the 2011 playoffs (2 games). 36-68 (52.9%) for 495 yards, 5 TD 0 int. QBR 59.1. QB rating 101.0. YPA, 7.28.

Flacco's performance this January was one for the ages. Smith dinked-and-dunked his way to "almost make the super bowl" on the back of a dominant running game. Which is the only way he's ever been able to generate any sort of success in the NFL, game-managing not to lose while the running game and defense carries the load.

I love that we want to "go deep". Most of us who talk seriously about this stuff expected Andy Reid to do that because that's what he's always done. Of course the problem is we don't have a qb on the roster who's ever shown he could actually do that.

-King- 04-21-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9611700)
I didn't say that. Alex Smith has developed into a better QB then he gets credit for around here. His career is not matt Cassel's end of story.

In 2013, are there 16 QBs you'd take Alex Smith over?

PA Chiefs 04-21-2013 07:04 PM

I think we should just let this year play out I believe Smith is better then AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb and they both performed well in Andy Reid's offense. I still believe Smith is a stop gap but I also think he will play pretty well this year. We will be competitive week in and week out. Our team is better right now then we where last year.

Sorter 04-21-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9611723)

Brady
Rogers
Brees
Ryan
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Wilson
Kaep
Rapist
Manning
Manning
Dalton
Tannehill
Bradford
Newton
Romo
Cutler
Stafford

I didn't make the list in any order but as far as QBs I'd prefer to have on the roster, this is about it.

philfree 04-21-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9611723)

This has become redundantly stupid. I wanted Tom Brady but he wouldn't hold out to be traded so :shrug:

keg in kc 04-21-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9610796)
Trent Green had 750 attempts prior to coming to KC. Alex Smith has over 2100. Trent Green wasn't a dink and dunk QB. Alex Smith is. It is what it is.

Green in Washington actually was a dink and dunk QB, but that was more about team and coaching I think. There wasn't much time to see him in St Louis, but he did show signs he was more. And I still contend that he would have been better than Kurt Warner on the Rams had he not had his knee destroyed. He didn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he knew that offense inside and out, and his passes went exactly where he wanted them to. Or at least they did once he had receivers who knew their ass from a hole in the ground.

-King- 04-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9611785)
This has become redundantly stupid. I wanted Tom Brady but he wouldn't hold out to be traded so :shrug:

So you're willing to settle for the 20th best Qb in the league. Ok.

Mav 04-21-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9611718)
Joe Flacco in the playoffs this year (4 games): 72-126 (57.9%) for 1140 yards, 11 TD 0 INT. QBR 83.6, QB rating 117.2. YPA 9.05.

Alex Smith in the 2011 playoffs (2 games). 36-68 (52.9%) for 495 yards, 5 TD 0 int. QBR 59.1. QB rating 101.0. YPA, 7.28.

Flacco's performance this January was one for the ages. Smith dinked-and-dunked his way to "almost make the super bowl" on the back of a dominant running game. Which is the only way he's ever been able to generate any sort of success in the NFL, game-managing not to lose while the running game and defense carries the load.

I love that we want to "go deep". Most of us who talk seriously about this stuff expected Andy Reid to do that because that's what he's always done. Of course the problem is we don't have a qb on the roster who's ever shown he could actually do that.

did you uh factor in who flacco had on offense compared to what alex smith faced in 2011?

Boldin Torrey Smith, Pitta, Dickson, Jacoby Jones,

Vernon Davis, Michael crabtree, and??????

ChiefAshhole20 04-21-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9611880)
did you uh factor in who flacco had on offense compared to what alex smith faced in 2011?

Boldin Torrey Smith, Pitta, Dickson, Jacoby Jones,

Vernon Davis, Michael crabtree, and??????

Delanie Walker.

ChiefAshhole20 04-21-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611778)
Brady
Rogers
Brees
Ryan
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Wilson
Kaep
Rapist
Manning
Manning
Dalton
Tannehill
Bradford
Newton
Romo
Cutler
Stafford

I didn't make the list in any order but as far as QBs I'd prefer to have on the roster, this is about it.

I'd put Alex over Dalton and Tannehill. That's about it... Statistically, with Reid's offense, he will probably end up being around the 10-14th best QB in 2013 imo

Mav 04-21-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9611940)
Delanie Walker.

he was out for the saints game, and returned off a broken jaw for the nfccg

crispystl 04-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9611650)
Better than bad does not equal good.

It is that simple.

Agreed

DTLB58 04-21-2013 08:08 PM

Is Bowes anything like the Clarks?

philfree 04-21-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9611797)
So you're willing to settle for the 20th best Qb in the league. Ok.

Maybe you should lay out the choices for me.

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9612471)
Maybe you should lay out the choices for me.

This isn't hard, dude.

It has been discussed ad nauseam.

You either grab some other team's retread slapdick QB...which works about 3 percent of the time...

OR

You roll the dice on a QB in the 1st round.

Which wins Super Bowls more consistently than any other strategy in NFL history.

What's it gonna be? More slapdicks? Why?