ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   If Gun had his own coaches, what would last year be like? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115330)

KingPriest2 04-27-2005 07:22 PM

If Gun had his own coaches, what would last year be like?

Gun was the only new coach. He did not have his own coaches.

So besides the players learning a new scheme the coaches did as well. I know some if you don't like Maas but he stated this the last part of the season.

If you think about it If we actually had the right coaches we could have had maybe 2 to 3 more wins.

What do you think?

Beautiful 04-27-2005 08:33 PM

A lot better...

whoman69 04-27-2005 08:48 PM

I don't really know of any DC or OC that get to pick their own assistants. Its the head coaches job to say who coaches under him.

Mastashake 04-27-2005 08:59 PM

I'm guessing the same, unless it slipped Gunther's mind to tell his players to, "Tackle the mother fucker with the ball!!!"

Mastashake

CoMoChief 04-27-2005 09:05 PM

I dont know but i was told that sources from inside the office said that Gun was pretty pissed off that the fact he couldnt use some of his coaches. I dont think Gun likes our LB coach all that much as far as being on the same page (Fred Pagac I think-something like that). I wish Gun could get his own coaches, or something that is as close to as it was in Tennessee when that LB core only allowed 80 yards rushing a game. Thats something we need so we could focus on teams passing games some more, make them more of a one deminsional team. You do that, +turnovers = win games.

tk13 04-27-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
I dont know but i was told that sources from inside the office said that Gun was pretty pissed off that the fact he couldnt use some of his coaches. I dont think Gun likes our LB coach all that much as far as being on the same page (Fred Pagac I think-something like that). I wish Gun could get his own coaches, or something that is as close to as it was in Tennessee when that LB core only allowed 80 yards rushing a game. Thats something we need so we could focus on teams passing games some more, make them more of a one deminsional team. You do that, +turnovers = win games.

The LB coach was the one change we made last year.... if Gun has a problem with him he really laid down with a whimper, that's the one coach he probably had a say in.

morphius 04-27-2005 09:16 PM

He might have been better, but it is still my feeling that all the injuries in the preseason hurt the group as much as anything else.

KingPriest2 04-27-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
I don't really know of any DC or OC that get to pick their own assistants. Its the head coaches job to say who coaches under him.

but usually when a DC or OC comes in new coaches come in as well.

I rem last year people bitching about no new coaches coming in. We just brought in Gunther and no one else.