ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I have a feeling Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, and Brian Johnston will impress us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184113)

royr17 04-30-2008 08:12 AM

I have a feeling Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, and Brian Johnston will impress us

I have a very strong feeling that Hali, Dorsey, and Johnston will impress of this year.

But in case Johnston dont start off at LE, Alfonso Boone will and Brian Johnston will come the bench on 3rd down.

But it looks as if Tamba Hali has a easier time at getting to the Quarterback coming from Jared old spot then the spot he has played his whole career as a Chief.

I also feel that our starting corners are going to be Flowers or Surtain/Brackenridge/Carr. Both Flowers and Carr are pretty good corners. Surtain I hope will be the nickle corner cause he dont have the speed anymore.

Hopefully opening day our defense will look like this :

LDE 97 Brian Johnston
LDT 72 Glenn Dorsey
RDT 70 Alfonso Boone
RDE 91 Tamba Hali
LLB 56 Derrick Johnson
MLB 59 Donnie Edwards
RLB 53 Demorrio Williams
CB 20 Brandon Flowers
CB 34 Tyron Brackenridge/39 Brandon Carr
FS 44 Jarrad Page
SS 49 Bernard Pollard

Basileus777 04-30-2008 08:13 AM

I highly doubt Carr starts this year. If he can play the nickle I will be thrilled.

royr17 04-30-2008 08:16 AM

Yea Brandon Carr probably wont start this year, but the guy has a ton of potential and could possibly be a really good 5th round pick.

suds79 04-30-2008 08:17 AM

I agree that Tamba Hali will impress. He's a good DE that kinda gets a bad wrap for an average injury riddled 2nd year.

I fully expect him to be in double digit sacks this year and we'll all be talking about how he's a good DE.

As far as Brian Johnston? Lets just see if he makes the team 1st being a 7th round draft pick and all.... I hope he does. But I think it's a long shot.

Reaper16 04-30-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 4727465)
I agree that Tamba Hali will impress. He's a good DE that kinda gets a bad wrap for an average injury riddled 2nd year.

I fully expect him to be in double digit sacks this year and we'll all be talking about how he's a good DE.

As far as Brian Johnston? Lets just see if he makes the team 1st being a 7th round draft pick and all.... I hope he does. But I think it's a long shot.

Johsnton was as high as a 4th round value on some boards. He's a 7th round steal, imo. He has the potential to crack the starting lineup near the end of the season.

Ugly Duck 04-30-2008 08:19 AM

Thats a no-brainer. Every member of your defense will have an easier time because the opposition will be busy dealing with Sapp.... err... I mean Dorsey. I hate you.

DaKCMan AP 04-30-2008 08:19 AM

If healthy, we should expect more out of Tamba.

I'm not completely sold on Boone at LE. The only reason I think they feel this move is possible is because Glenn Dorsey can be a pass rusher from the interior and Boone on the outside should improve the run defense.

I really like Brian Johnston, but my expectations for this year are no more than a 3rd down/situational pass rusher.

That will be $99.

royr17 04-30-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

I dont know about that. I fimly feel he'll make the team. Brian Johnston has a ton of potential, and could possible be our next Jared Allen find without all the problems. Guy's fast and got good size ran a 4.66 40 and is 6'4 269 so he has good size.

Phobia 04-30-2008 08:22 AM

You don't have time to be posting here. Go fix your dad's electrical problem. Bring your tongue, too. You'll need it for testing.

royr17 04-30-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

I dont know about that. I firmly feel he'll make the team. Brian Johnston has a ton of potential, and could possible be our next Jared Allen find without all the problems. Guy's fast and got good size ran a 4.66 40 and is 6'4 269 so he has good size.

royr17 04-30-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4727471)
You don't have time to be posting here. Go fix your dad's electrical problem. Bring your tongue, too. You'll need it for testing.

:shake:

Delano 04-30-2008 08:24 AM

I suppose that's a decent defense on Madden football, but at this point, it is not really exciting. DE is scary at this point. I'm not sold on Hali at RDE.

However, you add one DE that makes the opposition worry and you've got a damn good line.

StcChief 04-30-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 4727468)
Thats a no-brainer. Every member of your defense will have an easier time because the opposition will be busy dealing with Sapp.... err... I mean Dorsey. I hate you.

Oh well.... enjoy chicken legs McFadden :D

royr17 04-30-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 4727477)
I suppose that's a decent defense on Madden football, but at this point, it is not really exciting. DE is scary at this point. I'm not sold on Hali at RDE.

However, you add one DE that makes the opposition worry and you've got a damn good line.

Only problem is, there isnt a Defensive End out there right now capable of doing that. Might be in June, but not right now.

recxjake 04-30-2008 08:29 AM

I be Nap Harris starts at middle

Don't count out tank or turk yet either