ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey sure does seem to know where talent is (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276778)

mdchiefsfan 09-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10032696)
If he continues to improve each week as he has, he's no longer the #3 guy, he's a solid #2.

Let Kelce recover properly and learn. Fasano and McGrath would be pretty awesome.

Exactly what I was thinking while watching him play. That man is making a bid to be a part of this team. Two TE sets with Fasano and McGrath would be brutal to defend and could improve our ground game

Rausch 09-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10032568)
Oft-injured clown dick thus far.

**** I hate clowns...

dallaschiefsfan 09-29-2013 06:33 PM

Isn't Dunta supposed to be exclusively a slot CB? I'm not saying he's all-world at it...just that he was supposed to be brought in exclusively for that role. I was pretty shocked they had him on the outside at the beginning due to what I recalled at his signing. When Flowers was ruled out, I figured the next "normal" corner in line behind Flowers/Smith would start. Hopefully, that's the way it will be going forward because yeah...Cooper was great and Dunta was at best, out of position and at worst, exposed as a bad CB, slot or outside.

mcaj22 09-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 10032855)
Isn't Dunta supposed to be exclusively a slot CB? I'm not saying he's all-world at it...just that he was supposed to be brought in exclusively for that role. I was pretty shocked they had him on the outside at the beginning due to what I recalled at his signing. When Flowers was ruled out, I figured the next "normal" corner in line behind Flowers/Smith would start. Hopefully, that's the way it will be going forward because yeah...Cooper was great and Dunta was at best, out of position and at worst, exposed as a bad CB, slot or outside.

Dunta has no position, he's old and washed up trying to hang with younger, faster players with just one leg pretty much. you are paying him 5 million to get burned outside, inside, where ever by teams #1 WRs, TEs, RBs, 5th string players it does not matter

today proved you can pick a guy up off the scrap heap for 1/100th of the price and he can do a better job than Dunta. That's the point.

Mother****erJones 09-29-2013 06:38 PM

His guys are producing absolutely love it. The waiver 7 have made a big impact this year. McGrath, Cooper, Parker, Moses, etc

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10032866)
Dunta has no position, he's old and washed up trying to hang with younger, faster players with just one leg pretty much. you are paying him 5 million to get burned outside, inside, where ever by teams #1 WRs, TEs, RBs, 5th string players it does not matter

today proved you can pick a guy up off the scrap heap for 1/100th of the price and he can do a better job than Dunta. That's the point.

Scrap heap? Cooper is a rookie.

Aren't you the same turdcutter that bitched incessantly about trading Arenas for Sherman?

DaFace 09-29-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 10032855)

I recall it being more of a "Smith vs. Robinson for starting CB" thing (which Dunta clearly lost).

mcaj22 09-29-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10032875)
Scrap heap? Cooper is a rookie.

Aren't you the same turdcutter that bitched incessantly about trading Arenas for Sherman?

Cooper was cut from a team, he was a 7th round pick

that is the definition of late August FA scrap pile. Nobody expected anything of him, certainly not the 49ers.

Mother****erJones 09-29-2013 06:42 PM

I'm fine with dunta. He's good veteran depth. News flash...Cruz burns secondaries for big TDs consistently. We adjusted and were fine

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10032884)
Cooper was cut from a team, he was a 7th round pick

that is the definition of late August FA scrap pile. Nobody expected anything of him, certainly not the 49ers.

Bullshit.

And apparently, the 49ers ****ed up.

Mother****erJones 09-29-2013 06:43 PM

Arenas showed zilch. Cooper showed he can play. We'll see how he develops

mcaj22 09-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10032896)
Bullshit.

And apparently, the 49ers ****ed up.

I do agree that the 49ers screwed up there

Mother****erJones 09-29-2013 06:45 PM

This is why we got Dorsey. He finds guys that make impacts.

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10032901)
I do agree that the 49ers screwed up there

They waived him with the intent to sign him to the PS and the Chiefs, having waiver priority due to their 2-14 record, claimed him.

Dorsey has been a magician working the waiver wire. The best part is that if Cooper continues to play well, he's under a 7th round, 4 year contract.

Rausch 09-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10032899)
Arenas showed zilch. Cooper showed he can play. We'll see how he develops

I have to admit I was very impressed with Cooper.

That said postpone the circle jerk until we have a larger sample size than 1 game...