ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU *** OFFICIAL -SUNFLOWER SHOWDOWN- KSU vs. KU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269893)

kstater 02-11-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9392663)
KU's AdjO: 111.2
KSU's AdjO: 109.6

http://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjOE

A lot closer than it was a few weeks ago obviously, but KU's is still better.

I wasn't using his algorithm, K-State has the highest PPP.

Imon Yourside 02-11-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9393236)
I wasn't using his algorithm, K-State has the highest PPP.

How long until the grilling with Weber signs show up?

ChiTown 02-11-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9393231)
I got in on K-State when the line opened at opened at 9....it's down to 8. I don't expect we will win, but I don't see a double digit win for KU either.
Of course the way my luck runs this will be the night they decide to wake back up.

The line opened at ku -9?:hmmm:

Ceej 02-11-2013 08:37 AM

KSU by 76.

ChiTown 02-11-2013 08:59 AM

Just got a last minute invite to go to the game tonight! Wheels up from Jabara Airport at 6pm. PBJ

Imon Yourside 02-11-2013 09:01 AM

Could Self hold a funeral for the team that played the last 3 games? It's worked before.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9392675)
Doc was years ahead of the trend in understanding how to play and beat KU which most B12 coaches have adapted over the last two years (slow and with as few possessions as possible). He never got himself an upset because of lack of talent, but it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying. Perhaps if he was lucky enough to face this particular version of the team, he would have gotten himself his own TCU victory.

I don't think Doc was ahead of any curve. He played it like Wooly played it. And Wooly had an AFH victory in 2005. But as soon as Doc got his "moral loss/victory" by playing them close he was hailed as a genius."He's a better coach than Rick Barnes". (That was also a great talking point)

Weber has also gotten a ton of the same credit that Doc got in those early seasons at NUbb. "He's got them competing" and Weber has them "running that motion offense" lauding him as some great coach.

Right now Weber has this team about where Frank would have it imo. The real question will be in the next two seasons when all these seniors are gone. I think Weber will be a huge failure because he recruits like shit. Just like Doc. Doc was great for one season at UTEP with Billy G's team. He parlayed that into a deal with NUbb. And fell flat on his face. Never finished better than .500 in league.

Doc Sadler was a poor coach and worse recruiter.

Old Dog 02-11-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9393262)
The line opened at ku -9?:hmmm:

Yep.
Opened at 9, dropped to 8, and is now back up to 8.5
Money line is currently +320 for KSU and -380 for KU

KC_Connection 02-11-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9393339)
I don't think Doc was ahead of any curve.

He knew how to get his shitty teams playing competitive games against vastly superior teams which is more you can say for most of the shitty teams in the B12 over the last decade.

Quote:

"He's a better coach than Rick Barnes". (That was also a great talking point)
I don't know about worse than Doc Sadler, but Rick Barnes has to be one of the most underachieving coaches in the game considering the major talent he's had to work with in Texas. And this year we're seeing what a Texas team coached by him is like without the same talent level as usual.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9393385)
He knew how to get his shitty teams playing competitive games against vastly superior teams which is more you can say for most of the shitty teams in the B12 over the last decade.

I don't know about worse than Doc Sadler, but Rick Barnes has to be one of the most underachieving coaches in the game considering the major talent he's had to work with in Texas. And this year we're seeing what a Texas team coached by him is like without the same talent level as usual.

If playing competetive games is your goal, then I guess I could agree. But McNeck at ISU played competetive games at ISU when he was there. And Bdzexcvelic at CU played several "competetive game" against teams when he was there.

Is Rick Barnes underachieving? He's a reached a FF. Been to the tournament every year. Recruited like crazy - which is part of the job - at a true "Football" first university and been successful. His teams have flamed out in the 2nd round, but that can be attributed to the nature of the tourney.

And this year, Barnes got his lower talent team to nearly sneak away a victory against Kansas, no? But he doesn't get the same talking point respect as Doc?

Saul Good 02-11-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9393419)
If playing competetive games is your goal, then I guess I could agree. But McNeck at ISU played competetive games at ISU when he was there. And Bdzexcvelic at CU played several "competetive game" against teams when he was there.

Is Rick Barnes underachieving? He's a reached a FF. Been to the tournament every year. Recruited like crazy - which is part of the job - at a true "Football" first university and been successful. His teams have flamed out in the 2nd round, but that can be attributed to the nature of the tourney.

And this year, Barnes got his lower talent team to nearly sneak away a victory against Kansas, no? But he doesn't get the same talking point respect as Doc?

Barnes won't be in the tournament this year.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9393510)
Barnes won't be in the tournament this year.

That's true. But was he competetive?

Titty Meat 02-11-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9392675)
Doc was years ahead of the trend in understanding how to play and beat KU which most B12 coaches have adapted over the last two years (slow and with as few possessions as possible). He never got himself an upset because of lack of talent, but it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying. Perhaps if he was lucky enough to face this particular version of the team, he would have gotten himself his own TCU victory.

Umm Doc Sadler never beat KU because of his conservative style and lacj of being and x and os guy.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 01:13 PM

GREAT name for this series ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2013 01:15 PM

"CORNHUSKER"

Cool.