ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anybody like burnt ends? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120956)

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2005 10:28 PM

Anybody like burnt ends?

Last weekend, I decided I really wanted burnt ends, but a LOT of burnt ends. So, I did something many of you will scoff at, but I'm here to tell you it was ****ing great! I did the brisket like usual, marinade, smoked for about 9 hours. Then, took the whole thing inside (it was only about a 7 pound brisket), cubed it, put it back in the smoker for about 2 more hours in a pan with holes so it could drip, poured some homemade BBQ sauce over it, and smoked it for another 45 minutes...

:drool: THAT, was some good shit.

ChiefsFire 08-05-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
Last weekend, I decided I really wanted burnt ends, but a LOT of burnt ends. So, I did something many of you will scoff at, but I'm here to tell you it was ****ing great! I did the brisket like usual, marinade, smoked for about 9 hours. Then, took the whole thing inside (it was only about a 7 pound brisket), cubed it, put it back in the smoker for about 2 more hours in a pan with holes so it could drip, poured some homemade BBQ sauce over it, and smoked it for another 45 minutes...

sounds good

got any samples? :)

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
sounds good

got any samples? :)

It's been a whole week since then, what do you think? :p

Dave Lane 08-05-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah baby!

Dave

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2005 10:31 PM

I would suggest this burnt ends "cheat" for anybody that's not exactly a purist and would consider bending the rules.

ChiefsFire 08-05-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

It's been a whole week since then, what do you think? :p

im guessin no Mr McSmartyfartypants

invite us over next :(

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

im guessin no Mr McSmartyfartypants

invite us over next :(

ROFL I'm laughing at the irony involved between your avatar and using the phrase "McSmartyfartypants".

ChiefsFire 08-05-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

ROFL I'm laughing at the irony involved between your avatar and using the phrase "McSmartyfartypants".

smokin pot drinkin beer

smokin pot drinkin beer beer beer

Reaper16 08-05-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

smokin pot drinkin beer

smokin pot drinkin beer beer beer

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts. Who's got the blunts? We got the blunts! Rolling blunts and smoki...*interrupted record sfx* Whoa! What the f***, Serpico?

ChiefsFire 08-05-2005 10:46 PM

sorry FMB

didnt mean to hijack ur thread with Jay and SilentBob quotes....continue

Reaper16 08-05-2005 10:48 PM

I watched Chasing Amy today, and, in an attempt to tie the thread back in, am hungry for burnt ends.

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2005 10:48 PM

Burnt ends rule.

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2005 12:34 AM

I will definitely do these burnt ends again.

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2005 12:42 AM

Question... you know how when you buy a premade spice (like a big thing of garlic salt, or Emeril's Essense), you get a good sized shaker with holes in the lid AND a screw tight cap? I'm looking for some of those for my own rubs, but I can't find any... help? I guess I just don't know what I'm looking for, name wise.

J Diddy 08-06-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Question... you know how when you buy a premade spice (like a big thing of garlic salt, or Emeril's Essense), you get a good sized shaker with holes in the lid AND a screw tight cap? I'm looking for some of those for my own rubs, but I can't find any... help? I guess I just don't know what I'm looking for, name wise.

You got a restaurant supply store in your town?... go there.