ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It's the Irrational Homer in Me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187911)

Color Red 07-26-2008 04:44 PM

It's the Irrational Homer in Me

It's the irrational homer in me.

But what if Croyle emerges with pinpoint, faultless passing?

And what if Albert provides an impenetrable wall from his tackle position?

What if LJ is back to normal, and Charles is really a lightning change-of-pace?

What if the Land of Glenndor really is a place where the opposition does not venture?

What if the DBs live up to their hoped-for potential?

You'd have the infusion of youth you wanted and it's working. Wouldn't it be cool to acquire Boldin as a veteran receiver target?

Must be the beginning of summer camp, when hope springs eternal.

(Perhaps I should enjoy it before the first month of the season.)

88TG88 07-26-2008 04:49 PM

First round loss to the Colts.

dilligaf 07-26-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 4871013)

BASTARD!!!

RJ 07-26-2008 04:56 PM

Hope springs eternal in the Chiefs fan's breast........well, at least in July it does.

HonestChieffan 07-26-2008 04:57 PM

Im in....tickets are in the mail according to my email from the front office. Im ready.

Coogs 07-26-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

You know, this year I would take that. Take it in a heartbeat. Especially if it is one of those games that goes down to the wire. Never know... we do owe the Colts a heartbreak or two.

Mecca 07-26-2008 05:10 PM

This is what I think, even if some of the guys do live up to the hype or are even better than expected, you'll see the other holes that exist become more magnified...

It's no secret on offense this team just needs players, save a WR a couple role players and an old guy or 2 there isn't a position there that can't be improved, I suspect we'll still rate in the very low 20's in offense being close to if not the bottom of the league...

Defensivly there is talent at some positions the problem is there are others than can be taken advantage of, we are not a good team at DE, 2 LB spots and even if Morgan is everything I think he is that leaves the other safety spot as a weakness...I suspect Surtain to really show his age this year aswell...

I think in the end some guys will show well and prove to be building blocks but all in all there are to many holes for it to translate to alot of wins....I suspect another top 5 draft pick.

The real improvements should come next year and the year after if those offseasons are handled properly.

BWillie 07-26-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Making the playoffs is a good year. No problem with me. I think I am the only one alive though that would rather be a traditional power than to suck for 9 years, then win the championship,...suck for 9 years, and then win the championship.

Mecca 07-26-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4871049)
Making the playoffs is a good year. No problem with me. I think I am the only one alive though that would rather be a traditional power than to suck for 9 years, then win the championship,...suck for 9 years, and then win the championship.

The definition of traditional power would involve winning a championship sometimes...

BWillie 07-26-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4871052)
The definition of traditional power would involve winning a championship sometimes...

I would still consider the Chiefs one of the most successful NFL franchises in the 1990's and up until a couple years ago based simply on victories.

Mecca 07-26-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4871057)
I would still consider the Chiefs one of the most successful NFL franchises in the 1990's and up until a couple years ago based simply on victories.

Well Buffalo won even more games and everything thinks of them as losers.

RJ 07-26-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 4871038)
You know, this year I would take that. Take it in a heartbeat. Especially if it is one of those games that goes down to the wire. Never know... we do owe the Colts a heartbreak or two.

Yep, big difference between a team on the rise losing a first round game and a team on it's last leg losing a first round playoff game.

Mecca 07-26-2008 05:17 PM

That sneak in thing might work if we were in the NFC.

JuicesFlowing 07-26-2008 05:18 PM

I'm more excited this year than I was at this time last year. We have everyone in camp already (except for a 7th rounder) and we're going to be getting better as the season progresses, I hope. The Chiefs are young and the only excuse is inexperience ... I'm ready for some Chiefs football.

Mecca 07-26-2008 05:19 PM

My only question is, will people lose it after that first game cause that's gonna be ugly...