ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156497)
I don't have a problem with bringing in Alex Smith, we need a vet on the roster (and Stanzi ain't it) and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him now. But if we don't draft a QB, if we draft Jesus ****ing Te'o, I'll need a new TV the next day, because my old one will have a ****ing shoe sticking out of it. It's a goddamn no-brainer, we don't need a ****ing overrated linebacker from an overrated team. We don't need any more picks in the front 7. We don't need a RB or a WR or an o-lineman. We need the most important position in all of sports. And maybe Geno Smith isn't RG3. Or maybe he is. Because RG3 wasn't even RG3 6 months ago. I remember people telling me I was stupid for thinking he'd be a pro quarterback, for believing he'd turned into a capable pocket passer and not just a guy who slid by on ability and talent, a runner who could throw. No, he was a quarterback. And Geno is the same kind of guy. He doesn't have the same wheels, but he has maybe even quicker reads, has a tremendous arm but enough skill to make any throw you need, he has basically everything you could ever want in a quarterback, tangible or intangible.

That's what this ****ing team needs.

i want to have sex with you

whoman69 11-27-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop12 (Post 9156898)
alex smith has won a shit load of his last games. we'd only need 2 middle linebackers, 2 safeties, a corner, a passrusher, a center, a WR, and a running back all selected in the first 3 rounds to emulate the 49ers

Don't know that we need to emulate the Niners. I don't think the Niners want to emulate the Niners. They realize that while Smith was very good at what he did, they needed a threat to take them to the next level. You get Smith and he will need that Niners defense because he can't win without it.

This team does not need to fall back on its security blanket. They need a young dynamic QB that can move the ball down the field. The rules of the game make it absolutely necessary.

If they want to bring Smith in as a vet backup, I'm fine with that as long as he has a backup contract. Any other choice besides QB in the first round next year is a fail.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 02:18 PM

Wow glad I didnt listen to this incompetent moron

RunKC 11-27-2012 02:27 PM

This is the Shawn Zobel who just a few weeks ago said that AJ McCarron was the best QB in this class. Now he flip flopped.

Zobel has no clue what he's talking about.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 02:46 PM

Who the **** IS Shawn Zobel, anyway? I had never heard of this guy until Tomahawk started posting his tweets this season.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:00 PM

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

For anyone wanting to listen, I'll be going live on 610am Sports Kansas City in about 30 minutes.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156351)
I'd be willing to wager that some of these dumb****s would take Andrew Luck's poor game against Oregon last year as evidence why we shouldn't draft him. "Okay, if he's so great then why did he whither against a good team?"

"ITS TEH #1 OVRAL PIC!!! U HAVE TO GET IT RITE OR EVERYONE IN UR FAMILY DIEZ!!!!! QB 2 RISKY!"

Linebackers are safe picks....just look at Aaron Curry. Just try to avoid looking into his eyes though.

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9157053)
Linebackers are safe picks....just look at Aaron Curry. Just try to avoid looking into his eyes though.

Especially on YouTube

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9157052)
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

For anyone wanting to listen, I'll be going live on 610am Sports Kansas City in about 30 minutes.

He loves Wilson. He's got 1.Wilson 2. Geno

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:33 PM

This is the guy who's on 610's credentials

Benjamin Allbright: Benjamin Allbright, NFL Draft Monsters’ founder, and Director of Scouting, has been involved with the high school and collegiate athlete scouting business for the last 14 years. Most widely renowned for his (sometimes contrarian) evaluations on quarterbacks, he and his work have been featured on ESPN and FSN, as well as newspapers and print media throughout the country.

ROFL

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 03:33 PM

Called Barkely Trent dilfer LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:35 PM

Just dogged Dungy on Murray lol

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:36 PM

dude this shit happens every year

two years ago Cam Newton was a gimmick and no way was he going to go #1 overall...

last year the same thing happened with RGIII and when he announced I told my friends no way he doesn't go #2 overall...

with the new draft slots and not having to pay the #1 or #2 pick $800,000 billion dollars there is just no reason not to take the BQBA and if he busts, he busts, and you rinse, wash and repeat next year when you have that #1 or #2 pick again...

Losing $22M guaranteed to Geno Smith won't be the end of the road...we gave Tyson Jackson twice that much.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157157)
dude this shit happens every year

two years ago Cam Newton was a gimmick and no way was he going to go #1 overall...

last year the same thing happened with RGIII and when he announced I told my friends no way he doesn't go #2 overall...

with the new draft slots and not having to pay the #1 or #2 pick $800,000 billion dollars there is just no reason not to take the BQBA and if he busts, he busts, and you rinse, wash and repeat next year when you have that #1 or #2 pick again...

Losing $22M guaranteed to Geno Smith won't be the end of the road...we gave Tyson Jackson twice that much.

****, we're paying Jackson 17M straight up next year.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:38 PM

and I know hindsight is FIFTY FIFTY but my God Rams fans have to hate pawning off that #2...shit, at this point, would you rather have FIVE FIRST ROUND PICKS or RGIII?

how about TEN FIRST ROUND PICKS?

10 may be overkill.