ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What TV shows/movies are like car wrecks that you can't look away from? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126507)

Rain Man 10-14-2005 01:57 PM

What TV shows/movies are like car wrecks that you can't look away from?

I haven't seen one in ages, but a long time ago some TV station used to show the old "Our Gang" comedies. From a modern perspective, they're horrific: bad, hammy child actors, no plots, lots of racist stuff, etc. Yet somehow I could not avert my eyes. I don't know why.

What other shows or movies are really, really bad, but for some reason (perhaps their very badness), you can't not watch them?

jspchief 10-14-2005 01:59 PM

Every movie about a rag tag group of kids that form a sports team. Or basically any kid/sport movie.

Sandlot
Little Giants
Bad News Bears (all of them)
Mighty Ducks (all of them)

Rain Man 10-14-2005 02:01 PM

Sometimes late at night I'll watch one of those televangelist shows for a while. It's like looking into another world, with all of the audience members crying and waving their arms and stuff.

joesomebody 10-14-2005 02:02 PM

Hrmmm the Osbornes, and Anna Nicole Smith's show, and The Simple Life

Bowser 10-14-2005 02:02 PM

For the wife, it's ANY damned reality show. ANY. She can't get enough of that crap.

el borracho 10-14-2005 02:04 PM

Elimidate, Blind Date and Jerry Springer.

Donger 10-14-2005 02:06 PM

That Jessica Simpson show. Her breasts may have something to do with it, however.

Spicy McHaggis 10-14-2005 02:06 PM

Tremors. Kevin Bacon is truly at his best in that epic film.

Bowser 10-14-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
That Jessica Simpson show. Her breasts may have something to do with it, however.

You are allowed a free pass for that one.

Extra Point 10-14-2005 02:09 PM

Early Batman two-parter shown BTB. Gotta watch the next half! The diatribe was horrendous, gadgets were incredible, but man, who couldn't NOT watch the Riddler, the Joker, Catwoman, and Batgirl in action!

Rain Man 10-14-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Elimidate, Blind Date and Jerry Springer.

Is Elimidate the show where they've got the guys in a bus or trailer or something, and then the woman gets a few minutes to pick out one to date?

I saw about five minutes of that show once (whatever it was). These four or five guys are in the trailer talking about their various strategies for their two minutes to impress this girl, and then they called the first guy out. He leaves the trailer, walks over to the girl, and before he can say anything more than 'hi', she says "No", and they lead the poor stunned guy away. Harsh. Very harsh.

el borracho 10-14-2005 02:23 PM

Elimidate is the one where one guy goes on a date with 4 girls simultaneously (or the reverse, one gal with 4 guys). The 4 girls compete with each other for the guys attention usually attacking each other verbally and/ or phsyically while the guy generally tries to make out with as many as possible and figure out if there is a chance for a threesome. Those who won't fight or make out are "eliminated".

siberian khatru 10-14-2005 02:26 PM

Jerry Lewis Telethon.

I don't think they perform anymore, but I used to be mesmerized by Steve Lawrence and Edie Gorme. I'd watch whatever talk show or variety show they were on. They just oozed showbiz insincerity.

Boyceofsummer 10-14-2005 02:30 PM

The Stooges, of course.................

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.threestooges.com/news/art...p?intNewsID=62

KCChiefsMan 10-14-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Every movie about a rag tag group of kids that form a sports team. Or basically any kid/sport movie.

Sandlot
Little Giants
Bad News Bears (all of them)
Mighty Ducks (all of them)

are you a Catholic Priest?