ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV "The American President" movie scene (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266277)

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:04 PM

"The American President" movie scene

Election day has me in the mood to watch one of my favorite movies. "The American President" starring Michael Douglas as President Andrew Shepherd, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox, Annette Benning as the presidents girlfriend and Richard Dreyfuss as Bob Rumson... the challenger.

This is my favorite scene. This isn't meant to be pro or negative either party, I don't care who you support etc.. I just think it's a great movie and this is a fantastic scene that has some cool insight on the whole political process in it. Well-written and well acted... imo. I realize not everyone will agree and maybe 4 people will even watch it, heh. So be it. Just over 5 minutes long.

President Shepherd finally addresses Bob Rumsons campaign attacks against him...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mWRVbWMvi7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ceej 11-06-2012 07:07 PM

Media center.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9092061)
Media center.

A mod can move it there if they wish. It's about elections on election night so I posted it here. It'll be off the front page here in a matter of hours anyway probably... media center will last longer heh.

Jewish Rabbi 11-06-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9092116)
A mod can move it there if they wish. It's about elections on election night so I posted it here. It'll be off the front page here in a matter of hours anyway probably... media center will last longer heh.

DC

DJ's left nut 11-06-2012 07:20 PM

That speech would have cost him any chance at re-election.

That movie is moderately entertaining, but ultimately quite stupid.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9092120)
DC

Yeah that too. One political thread has lasted the day on the front page already. Just depends on how full reerun people want to go.

So off somewhere in 5 minutes? Heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9092137)
That speech would have cost him any chance at re-election.

That movie is moderately entertaining, but ultimately quite stupid.

He was the star so he won in the movie... even though it ended before the election.

:)

Gonzo 11-06-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9092116)

Three dollars. You owe me three bucks. I take payments.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9092194)
Three dollars. You owe me three bucks. I take payments.

To move it or to keep it here? Heh, either works. I'm enjoying a movie and shared a scene that I thought was topical. Whatever you want.

CoMoChief 11-06-2012 07:44 PM

I am going to get the guns.

**** Michael Douglas.......what a sissy lil wiener.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9092250)

Calm down bro. It's just a movie. Even as the one who posted it I don't think you should have to give up your guns.

Gonzo 11-06-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9092208)
To move it or to keep it here? Heh, either works. I'm enjoying a movie and shared a scene that I thought was topical. Whatever you want.

I don't really give a shit about the thread, brother. I Just want three dollars.

Simply Red 11-06-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9092250)

I would be the house that Michael Douglas would whip your ass in a street fight.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9092311)
I don't really give a shit about the thread, brother. I Just want three dollars.

I'll send it with the card holder. It's moved from home to work from which it will be sent. Progress.

Gonzo 11-06-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9092322)
I'll send it with the card holder. It's moved from home to work from which it will be sent. Progress.

LMAO
It's a process.