ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics People and their technology annoy the shit out of me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269290)

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:30 AM

People and their technology annoy the shit out of me

I haven't started a worthless thread in a month... I'm due.

I'm at a high school baseketball game tonight. A woman in her 40's comes in and sits next to me and promptly pulls out her ipad. She spends the entire game ****ing around on facebook. I don't think she ever once looked up at the court. Now if she were working on some big important proposal for her law firm that had to be done and on the bosses desk first thing in the morning I could cut her some slack. But no... she was cruising ****ing facebook. Who the hell needs facebook this bad or needs to entertain themselves with their goddamn stupid technological gadgetry while out of the house? Who? ****ing idiots that's who!

I imagine she was probably there to "support" someone on the court tonight. A player? A pommer? That's why I was there... my daughter is a pommer. The thing is whoever she was "supporting" got the same amount of support they'd have gotten if she'd just buried her stupid head in that pos device while on her couch at home. She paid $6 to be physically at an event and not pay a goddamn bit of attention to it. I'd be curious to know if she knows what sport was being played. I paid $6 to see my daughter and her squad do a 3 minute performance at half time of a girls basketball game... a performance I've seen a half dozen times... but I actually watched the game and most importantly my daughter... made eye contact with her and yelled her name when it was over.

I'm sorry...... at one point in the 1st quarter I returned a text. I just want to be honest.

WTF is wrong with people?

/rant

*you missed me

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:35 AM

I forgot to mention that me and ipad dummy were sitting courtside in the front row. I wished throughout that a player and/or ball would spill into her and break that Goddamn thing.

No refunds on your admission bitch.

Hey look! A baseketball game is going on!

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349581)
my daughter is a pommer.

Pics?

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349588)
Pics?

She's out of your league... and we've been down this road before. Yawn.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 12:48 AM

This is a good thread so don't be ashamed.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 12:48 AM

ThaVirus is actually a very stunning young man.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9349594)
ThaVirus is actually a very stunning young man.

Well thank you, Joey.

And you are correct. I'm easily the most attractive man he's never met.

kcxiv 01-25-2013 12:51 AM

People get bored easily. Tech has helped with that. People that don't like sports will be bored easily. They also have to be there. If I had a kid and I had to be at a ballet or some shit I'd probably do the same. But I'd make sure to at least watch some of it.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 12:51 AM

Your problem is you.

Worry about yourself, not about what that ipad bitch does.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/up...s-Day-Off-.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349593)
This is a good thread so don't be ashamed.

No it isn't but I feel better... and I've never been ashamed anyway.

Phobia 01-25-2013 12:56 AM

I sat through a Catholic funeral today and didn't touch my phone once.

listopencil 01-25-2013 12:56 AM

Your thread has lost its burst. Let me help:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZ0PCQwJP5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9349599)
People get bored easily. Tech has helped with that. People that don't like sports will be bored easily. They also have to be there. If I had a kid and I had to be at a ballet or some shit I'd probably do the same. But I'd make sure to at least watch some of it.

I've sat through 6 hour dance recitals to see my kid do 4 dances out of 60. I really don't care that some adults don't have the capacity to pay attention to the kids they're there to pay attention to. You do it because you love and support your kids and by paying attention you get an appreciation for all the hard work they put in... plus it brings you closer to them. It's important to them that loved ones care enough to watch and clap and yell their name. ipad bitch doesn't get it and scores no points.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9349607)
I sat through a Catholic funeral today and didn't touch my phone once.

Ha, I would hope so. Not even I would dare occupy myself during a rosary.

kcfanXIII 01-25-2013 01:08 AM

When I go to baseball games, i pray a foul ball hits people like that.