ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Tom Hardy as Max in Fury Road: Mad Max 4 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267892)

Deberg_1990 05-31-2015 01:09 PM

Just watched it. It's some kind of masterpiece.

Just flat out balls to the walls insane.

Miller is 70 years old and made that. Incredible

Easy 6 05-31-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11527151)
Just watched it. It's some kind of masterpiece.

Just flat out balls to the walls insane.

Miller is 70 years old and made that. Incredible

That sums up my feelings pretty damn well.

Some kind of insane masterpiece.

Claysexual 05-31-2015 05:52 PM

I officially decree that every actor from 'Rockinrolla' is a ****ing stud.

Bowser 05-31-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11527934)
I officially decree that every actor from 'Rockinrolla' is a ****ing stud.

Wasn't RocknRolla supposed to be part of a trilogy?

Claysexual 05-31-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11528021)

At least a sequel, but it never came to life.

Bambi 06-01-2015 03:42 PM

I saw this last night. I enjoyed watching it but found myself a bit bored at times and it was incredibly predictable.

I was expecting a little more based on what people were saying. The action and editing were tremendous so if that's all we were looking for then I give it an A.

But it fell short in other areas.

Deberg_1990 06-01-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11529171)
I saw this last night. I enjoyed watching it but found myself a bit bored at times and it was incredibly predictable.

I was expecting a little more based on what people were saying. The action and editing were tremendous so if that's all we were looking for then I give it an A.

But it fell short in other areas.

bored?? Wow

Im curious how many 'new" fans went into this film without having seen the other films? IM guessing this played like a new franchise for alot of people since its been 30 years between films???

None of them are very deep. Its all about atmosphere, action, visuals and amazing world building.

Miles 06-02-2015 11:38 PM

Saw it over the weekend at a place with a very large screen and Dolby Atmos. Agree with the sentiment that its was very badass. Easily one of the best pure action movies in a while.

Raiderhader 06-03-2015 08:44 AM

Saw this yesterday. I walked out feeling worn out from practically non-stop action. The trailer for it before American Sniper looked like it would be visually stunning, it lived up to what I was expecting. Perfect action flick.

L.A. Chieffan 06-04-2015 10:45 PM

Worth it for 3D?

Valiant 06-04-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11534667)
Worth it for 3D?

To me? no. But I am hard to please. Only Avatar has been worth the 3d to me.

unlurking 06-05-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11534667)
Worth it for 3D?

Some cool effects in the beginning, and then at the very end had some over the top 3D effects that reminded me that I was seeing it in 3D. Don't know if I just got lost in the fun, immersed in the 3D, or if there was really very little 3D in the movie but I kind of forgot I was wearing those stupidly uncomfortable glasses. Think I'd be happy to see it either way, but at least 3D wasn't a negative like it can be for many movies.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/3D-Or...ket-71474.html

Anyong Bluth 06-05-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11528021)

At the very least. He already has the treatments for the next 2 done and alluded to roughly sketched out additional installments.

I hate that I love, love, love that movie - knowing there's a lot more to the story and it'll never be made.

Update : just saw a UK production company has been supposedly scouting locations for The Real RocknRolla. Apparently, the same company that is working on the sequel to The Layer Cake, titled
Viva la Madness.

RobBlake 06-06-2015 02:40 PM

never seen the original... watced it and came out feeling weird lol.. let it marinate.. and one bad ass action movie.

DJ's left nut 06-15-2015 10:15 AM

Saw it.

Tom Hardy is definitely not as good as Mel was, but I can't come up with anyone that would have been better. Ultimately I think Max is just a largely thankless role; it's really hard to shine at it. Gibson did because he does 'anguished' better than any actor of my lifetime. Hardy doesn't quite have that depth.

Holy hell though, what a balls-out movie. Honestly, I almost need to go see it again just so I can appreciate the scope of the insanity rather than waste energy holding on for the ride. I know the pub has been for the fight into the electrical storm but as I saw it easily the best part was the fight back through the war parties.