ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247877)

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7795838)
Do you understand how bad you are getting trolled here?

Do you understand how you guys need to mass-troll against just athe little ol' me? And still get shown up for the idiots that you are? ROFL

loochy 08-02-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795973)
Do you understand how you guys need to mass-troll against just athe little ol' me? And still get shown up for the idiots that you are? ROFL

WTF?!?! NOBODY HERE IS GETTING SHOWN UP BUT YOU! YOU ARE NOT SMART! WE MESS WITH YOU BECAUSE IT IS ENTERTAINING AND YOU JUST KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE!

/caps lock

Edit: I think Frankie is actually trolling US.

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7795840)
So what few here do you consider to be your intellectual superior?

I don't know about anybody's IQ, so I can't name names. But there are many (not few) whom I consider of excellent intelligence and wit. It's easy to see by their style of posting and lack of an instinctive need to insult another poster to make themselves feel better.

Dartgod 08-02-2011 02:38 PM

I'll go ahead and say it.

Frankie, your and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 08-02-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795981)
I don't know about anybody's IQ, so I can't name names. But there are many (not few) whom I consider of excellent intelligence and wit.

And I'm sure they all vote blue....

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7795842)
Holy shit! Mensa! Killer!

My son is a member of Mensa. So that particular mod interference is not too out of reality.

Pants 08-02-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7795978)
WTF?!?! NOBODY HERE IS GETTING SHOWN UP BUT YOU! YOU ARE NOT SMART! WE MESS WITH YOU BECAUSE IT IS ENTERTAINING AND YOU JUST KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE!

/caps lock

What do you mean he's not smart?

JUST HOW SAFE ARE THOSE PLANES WE RIDE [sic] IN EVERYDAY [sic]? WHAT IF IT BREAKS IN MID-AIR??

Frankie's sense of humor is so keen, he totally saw through BossChief's sarcastic post in this very thread and didn't make a compete ****ing idiot of himself. Frankie never does.

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 7795861)
those folks have some serious wind hair

And some serious questions about the argument of some of the posters here.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 02:42 PM

I'll bet your son knows you are a putz and knows better than to bring intelligent people around for you to embarrass with your dumbassary.

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCHawg (Post 7795880)
Nope, still not a mult...but my 25+ years of aircraft maintenance experience says THAT. CAN. NOT. HAPPEN. IN. THE. AIR!!! DUMBASS!!

Everybody is an expert now. Behind their keyboards. :rolleyes:

RNR 08-02-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7795711)

Ouch! Dang Bearcat that type of reply can cause some mental scars, hope you can live with that~

Frankie 08-02-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7795937)
:spock:

What's the problem? I was talking about of a bunch of shit tossing monkeys. And their collective unthinking, instinct driven posts speak of their low IQ.

You on the other hand have argued and presented "evidence." I do not consider you stupid. Just a political ideologue. A trait that drives you to automatically post the opposite view of everything I post, even in non-political posts.

loochy 08-02-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796042)
What's the problem? I was talking about of a bunch of shit tossing monkeys. And their collective unthinking, instinct driven posts speak of their low IQ.

You on the other hand have argued and presented "evidence." I do not consider you stupid. Just a political ideologue. A trait that drives you to automatically post the opposite view of everything I post, even in non-political posts.

:LOL:

Frankie 08-02-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7795985)

Frankie, your and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have every right to say this, IF you have an IQ reasonably above 159.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795991)
My son is a member of Mensa. So that particular mod interference is not too out of reality.

People who join Mensa are like the people in the "who's who" books. That is to say that they are gullible and are willing to pay to tell themselves that they are smart and important.

Also, I will bet you that he meets on Friday or Saturday nights. That's when Mensa members tend to be free.

BigCatDaddy 08-02-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796062)

And he unzips his pants and whips it out :facepalm:

loochy 08-02-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Your behavior in this thread suggests otherwise.

threebag 08-02-2011 03:12 PM

Planes are designed to split in two. Makes it easier to unload the passengers.

loochy 08-02-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 7796103)
Planes are designed to split in two. Makes it easier to unload the passengers.

Perhaps.

Bearcat 08-02-2011 03:14 PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/fo...side-comic.jpg

RNR 08-02-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7796110)

LMAO

Donger 08-02-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796042)
A trait that drives you to automatically post the opposite view of everything I post, even in non-political posts.

That's because I like to be correct.

fan4ever 08-02-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795981)
I don't know about anybody's IQ, so I can't name names. But there are many (not few) whom I consider of excellent intelligence and wit. It's easy to see by their style of posting and lack of an instinctive need to insult another poster to make themselves feel better.

Frankie, I bet you're actually an OK guy...you just need to take your lumps when they're due and move on. I've made my mistakes in CP and "stood corrected". It's what big boys do, and you'll be better off for it and likely gain a little more respect, if that matters to you.

Of course politically, I think you're a loon. ;)

Frankie 08-02-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 7796222)
Frankie, I bet you're actually an OK guy...you just need to take your lumps when they're due and move on. I've made my mistakes in CP and "stood corrected". It's what big boys do, and you'll be better off for it and likely gain a little more respect, if that matters to you.

Of course politically, I think you're a loon. ;)

I have "stood corrected" many times on this board. But only when I have been wrong. I have never been afraid to admit a mistake here.

Here, I am right to say structural failure can happen mid air and I posted the conditions under which it can happen.

Those who totally close their eyes to all possibilities but their own and those who have not had anything to say about the topic but have participated to insult and make fun are the ones who need to heed your advice.

Dartgod 08-02-2011 04:31 PM

Are you saying that what happened in the picture in the thread starter could happen in mid air?

Frankie 08-02-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7796110)

Funny, this is the exact cartoon I emailed to my son when he informed me of his invitation to Mensa. But that was of course in good fun, not out of spite or jealousy.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796273)
I have "stood corrected" many times on this board. But only when I have been wrong. I have never been afraid to admit a mistake here.

Here, I am right to say structural failure can happen mid air and I posted the conditions under which it can happen.

Those who totally close their eyes to all possibilities but their own and those who have not had anything to say about the topic but have participated to insult and make fun are the ones who need to heed your advice.

Hey, everyone. It's your old brainy pal, Frankie. Here's an article about a plane that wrecked after driving off the runway. I'd like to take this opportunity to warn you that metal fatigue exists. Carry on.

Frankie 08-02-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7796279)
Are you saying that what happened in the picture in the thread starter could happen in mid air?

I'm saying planes can come apart in mid-air if they are old enough and neglected enough. The rest is a deliberate twist of my words by the regular CP idiots.

Dartgod 08-02-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796286)
I'm saying planes can come apart in mid-air if they are old enough and neglected enough. The rest is a deliberate twist of my words by the regular CP idiots.

Yes or no, could what happened to that plane happen in the air?

Saul Good 08-02-2011 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't swim, or you could drown.
OMG, can you imagine?

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...531446,00.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scary article that has nothing to do with drowning (Post 7796282)
Death of a Crocodile Hunter

Steve Irwin was famous for getting up close and personal with his deadly subjects. He leapt fearlessly on to the backs of man-eating crocodiles, wrestled Komodo Dragons and deftly juggled snakes as they sought to plunge their venomous fangs into his arm or face, all the while keeping up a lively commentary for the cameras of his multimillion-dollar documentary operation. Scratched, bitten and bruised, he would display his wounds like trophies, casually using gaffer tape to bind up a severe bite from a large saltwater crocodile that he had been wrestling in a mangrove swamp. And the Crocodile Hunter understood how his risk-taking made him a cult hero to millions in the 130 countries where his films aired: his fans aped his trademark cry of "Crikey, he nearly got me!" and flocked to his Australia Zoo in Queensland on Australia's east coast.

"Steve Irwin's all pretty interesting on the telly or in the movie and that, but by crikey, it's great when he gets bitten," he once told Australia's ABC television. "Now and again I do get bitten. But I haven't been killed. And it's that, you know, that sense of morbidity that people do have. There's no use sticking your head in the sand and going, 'Oh, no, they're only here because, you know, I talk well.' Nah, man, they wanna see me come unglued."

This morning, at 11am Australian time, things finally came unglued for the 44-year-old as he was shooting a documentary segment on stingrays. Snorkeling on Batt Reef , a stretch of the Great Barrier Reef about 15km from Port Douglas in North Queensland, Irwin happened to swim over a large ray which, startled, whipped its barbed tail upwards into his chest. He died instantly. Veteran marine wildlife documentary maker Ben Cropp, who has spent hundreds of hours filming on Batt Reef, says Irwin had come too close to a bull ray. Citing a colleague who saw footage of the attack, Cropp says Irwin had accidently boxed the animal in, causing it to attack. "It stopped and twisted and threw up its tail with the spike, and it caught him in the chest," says Cropp. "It's a defensive thing. It's like being stabbed with a dirty dagger." Says Cropp: "It's a one-in-a-million thing. I have swum with many rays, and I have only had one do that to me."

Fellow crew members dragged Irwin from the water and began cardio-pulmonary resuscitation while racing their boat Croc One to meet a rescue helicopter. Despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at Cairns Base Hospital at noon. Outside the hospital his longtime friend and producer John Stainton said, "He died doing what he loves best, and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. He would have said, Crocs rule."

Some in the animal conservation world felt it was perhaps inevitable that this larger-than-life figure would someday take one too many risks. "He had a long history of doing this kind of thing with dangerous animals; some people do these things and get away with it, and other times your number comes up," says Professor Grahame Webb, a crocodile expert who operates a crocodile park in Darwin. "He had huge experience with crocodiles and snakes and reptiles, but stingrays are quite different." Webb, who supports crocodile conservation but had clashed with Irwin over issues to do with sustainable development, believes Irwin had played a significant role in ensuring crocodiles were protected. "Conserving koala bears is easy. When it comes to conserving the nasties like spiders, snakes and crocodiles, and things that kill you and eat you, it's a different story to get people to value those animals. People say, 'What the hell are you conserving them for?' and he made a strong contribution in making people think a lot more about the values of conserving these animals."

Other wildlife conservation groups and experts were quick to pay tribute to Irwin. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals hailed him as a "modern-day Noah." Said RSPCA Queensland chief executive Mark Townend: "His loss will be felt by animal lovers not just in Australia, but all over the world." Queensland Museum director Dr. Ian Galloway described Irwin as "a dedicated naturalist who was actively committed to highlighting the plight of threatened species, and championing the cause of conservation. Steve Irwin was a special person whose energy and enthusiasm encouraged a whole new audience to better understand and become involved in conservation and science. He will be sorely missed." Prime Minister John Howard echoed the sentiments of many of his fellow Australians, saying the country had lost "a wonderful and colorful son."

Irwin is survived by his Oregon-born wife Terri and their children, two-year-old Bob and eight-year-old Bindi Sue.

KCHawg 08-02-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796009)

That's me in my avatar pic, 25+ years. Couldn't happen in the air like the picture you posted...:banghead:

Frankie 08-02-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7796289)
Yes or no, could what happened to that plane happen in the air?

It's not a yes or no question. I gave you the proper answer. Maybe the same breakage won't happen, but an airliner just lost it's top recently in mid-air. So yes planes can break apart in mid-air, due to structural problems that are left to fester.

Look I do understand that this one broke in half most likely due to landing gear, the ground, etc., etc., etc. I'm even saying it is perhaps THE reason IN THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT! But I'm arguing a broader point, and idiots want to pin me down to this incident.

Bwana 08-02-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796009)

Umm Frankie, in this case, the guy is an expert. He's also not a mult.

Donger 08-02-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796273)

Under what flight conditions can a complete fuselage failure like what is shown in the OP happen?

If you can't (or more likely won't) answer that, perhaps you should just shut the **** up.

fan4ever 08-02-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796280)
Funny, this is the exact cartoon I emailed to my son when he informed me of his invitation to Mensa. But that was of course in good fun, not out of spite or jealousy

Did he get it?

Frankie 08-02-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCHawg (Post 7796304)
That's me in my avatar pic, 25+ years. Couldn't happen in the air like the picture you posted...:banghead:

Did you read any of my posts? When did I say "like the picture I posted?"

If we should believe you are who you are, are you this incapable of attention to detail? You know that would be pretty scary by itself.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796310)
It's not a yes or no question. I gave you the proper answer. Maybe the same breakage won't happen, but an airliner just lost it's top recently in mid-air. So yes planes can break apart in mid-air, due to structural problems that are left to fester.

Look I do understand that this one broke in half most likely due to landing gear, the ground, etc., etc., etc. I'm even saying it is perhaps THE reason IN THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT! But I'm arguing a broader point, and idiots want to pin me down to this incident.

286 posts, and not one person has agreed with you, Mensies. Does that tell you anything?

Donger 08-02-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796310)

You are being pinned down because YOU POSTED THE ****ING THREAD AND WROTE, "Had this happened mid-air.... How safe are those planes we ride everyday?"

Your broader point has now become that aircraft sometimes have structural failures that DON'T result in a massive fuselage failure like shown in the OP BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER HAPPENED and you didn't know that. You were given multiple opportunities to give a mea culpa gracefully, but instead decided to go full Frankie instead.

Donger 08-02-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796321)
Did you read any of my posts? When did I say "like the picture I posted?"

If we should believe you are who you are, are you this incapable of attention to detail? You know that would be pretty scary by itself.

Well, let's see.

You posted this thread, right? You know, the one that shows a 737 with it's fuselage broken in half?

You then wrote, "Had this happened mid-air....!" and "How safe are those planes we ride everyday?"

Were you or were you not referring to this (a fuselage breaking half) when you wrote those words?

Yes or no.

Pants 08-02-2011 04:59 PM

I've never seen Donger this angry on CP.

Frankie 08-02-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796323)
You are being pinned down because YOU POSTED THE ****ING THREAD AND WROTE, "Had this happened mid-air.... How safe are those planes we ride everyday?"

I had exactly the picture of the jet with the top gone in my mind when I said that. This was merely cherry on top. Sorry you misunderstood.

Frankie 08-02-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796327)
You then wrote, "Had this happened mid-air....!" and "How safe are those planes we ride everyday?"

Help me out here with my little "people psychology" test. Had I said "something like this" instead of merely "this" would you have all understood my point?

Pants 08-02-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796330)
I had exactly the picture of the jet with the top gone in my mind when I said that. This was merely cherry on top. Sorry you misunderstood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa
Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :eek:

You can't even lie intelligently.

Pathetic.

Donger 08-02-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Strange that you were thinking about the Aloha Airlines flight, but decided to post the article AND picture of this wreck, eh?

You aren't even a good liar.

Frankie 08-02-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7796334)
You can't even lie intelligently.

Pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796336)
LMAO

Strange that you were thinking about the Aloha Airlines flight, but decided to post the article AND picture of this wreck, eh?

You aren't even a good liar.

Wow, now I'm a liar. Tell me is it impossible to have a general point to make while posting something particular? If the answer is yes then you are incapable of simple thought process.

Dartgod 08-02-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Then why not post this picture along with your irrelevant thread title and article?

http://milesobrien.com/wp-content/up...1/04/Aloha.jpg

Donger 08-02-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796332)
Help me out here with my little "people psychology" test. Had I said "something like this" instead of merely "this" would you have all understood my point?

No, BECAUSE THERE'S MASSIVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOSING A CHUNK OF FUSELAGE SKIN AND THE ****ING FUSELAGE BREAKING IN HALF.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 05:11 PM

Menstral obviously fancies himself a genius giant.

He must spend his days and nights with drooling window lickers to be the quickest mind in his knitting circle.

Pants 08-02-2011 05:11 PM

Frankie, with all the great Persians throughout history, it's really a shame someone as dishonorable and ignorant as you would be their representation on ChiefsPlanet.

Such a shame.

Donger 08-02-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796339)
Wow, now I'm a liar. Tell me is it impossible to have a general point to make while posting something particular? If the answer is yes then you are incapable of simple thought process.

Sure, but that obviously wasn't the case here. You are clearly clutching at the Aloha Airlines flight in a rather clumsy and feeble attempt to save face.

loochy 08-02-2011 05:27 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/...4f79505f6d.jpg

KCHawg 08-02-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796321)
Did you read any of my posts? Yep!

When did I say "like the picture I posted?" Is that a requirement now? If I post an article about the F22, attach a picture of a Cesna 172, and don't say "Like the picture I posted." I wouldn't be wrong?:LOL:

Lucky for all of us, you aren't an aircraft maintainer since obviously reading comprehension isn't a strong point with you. (kind of important in this line of work!)

Phobia 08-02-2011 06:22 PM

Frankie comprehends just fine. But he prefers to spin the words so that they're situated with whatever point he's attempting to make. Let's put this into car terms...

Frank has just posted a picture of an auto accident in which the frame is twisted horribly. But he's thinking of the time a hood came unlatched and blew open at 65 MPH. Two completely different scenarios happening under different stressors. But he's equating them as one because it works better for his argument.

Donger 08-02-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7796615)
Seriously? Guys? JFC...
Let it go.
Frankie, quit posting on this thread. No matter what you say, you're toast dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie's not toast! Frankie can't be toast, because Frankie can't be wrong, EVAR!

Frankie might be Kuku, though.

mdstu 08-02-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Remember the classic "I bet I have a higher IQ than you!", between Skip and GoChiefs?
Good times.

loochy 08-02-2011 07:22 PM

Oh yeah?!?! My IQ is190. How can you be sure of this? Well, this is the internet so it MUST be true.

Donger 08-02-2011 07:27 PM

Wait, Frankie isn't claiming that his IQ is 159, is he?

loochy 08-02-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796680)

Well, that's what I inferred from this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7795985)

Frankie, your and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie/Mensa's response:
Quote:

Frankie 08-02-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7796341)
Then why not post this picture along with your irrelevant thread title and article?

http://milesobrien.com/wp-content/up...1/04/Aloha.jpg

Because this was not News anymore. :shake:

Frankie 08-02-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796350)
Sure, but that obviously wasn't the case here. You are clearly clutching at the Aloha Airlines flight in a rather clumsy and feeble attempt to save face.

Donger's thought process is always gospel. Here's another example.:LOL:

Frankie 08-02-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7796615)
Frankie, quit posting on this thread. No matter what you say, you're toast dude.

ROFL

Frankie 08-02-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796628)
Frankie's not toast! Frankie can't be toast, because Frankie can't be wrong, EVAR!

Frankie might be Kuku, though.

Kettle, meet pot.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-02-2011 08:19 PM

Mensa...

LMAO

Frankie 08-02-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796680)

That's not a biggy. My son's is 167.

Donger 08-02-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796803)
That's not a biggy. My son's is 167.

Not to be nasty, but do you think it is likely that they spotted you some points? Did you pay for this test?

Donger 08-02-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796787)
Because this was not News anymore. :shake:

LMAO

Donger 08-02-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7796793)
Donger's thought process is always gospel. Here's another example.:LOL:

Not really, Frankie. You will notice that you didn't even bring up the Aloha Airlines incident. Someone else did. If that incident was ACTUALLY what you you had in mind when you wrote those things and posted this thread, why didn't you mention it sooner? You know, like when it was brought up soon after post #47 instead of post #292?

Phobia 08-02-2011 08:48 PM

If Frankie's IQ is 159 then mine is 1100. I'm not even suggesting he's stupid. It's just that I'm that smart. Yes....

Frankie 08-03-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796811)
Not to be nasty, but do you think it is likely that they spotted you some points? Did you pay for this test?

What's your #. You seem to be very envious. I'll just say yes they spotted me about 10 points. Hope that makes you feel better. Glad to oblige.

Frankie 08-03-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7796861)
Not really, Frankie. You will notice that you didn't even bring up the Aloha Airlines incident. Someone else did.

IT WAS NOT NEWS! Did you read that? It was in my mind as an earlier part of a pattern. But I had not anticipated this bullshit from you guys. If I had I would have. :shake:

Donger 08-03-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7797866)
What's your #. You seem to be very envious. I'll just say yes they spotted me about 10 points. Hope that makes you feel better. Glad to oblige.

My IQ? 138, IIRC.

You are in good company there though, Frankie. 160 is something like .005% of the population.

Donger 08-03-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7797871)
IT WAS NOT NEWS! Did you read that? It was in my mind as an earlier part of a pattern. But I had not anticipated this bullshit from you guys. If I had I would have. :shake:

Strange that you didn't address this part...

"If that incident was ACTUALLY what you you had in mind when you wrote those things and posted this thread, why didn't you mention it sooner? You know, like when it was brought up soon after post #47 instead of post #292?"

Frankie 08-03-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7797879)
My IQ? 138, IIRC.

You are in good company there though, Frankie. 160 is something like .005% of the population.

My son tested in the 99 percentile nationally every year in HS in ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills). I don't know if this has much to do with his IQ but he is legit. He also forced me into buying him an ACT software to study for ACT. Much to his father's chagrin He NEVER used it and in fact didn't even study for the test that much. His score? 33, which I believe also ranks in the 98 to 99 percentile.

BTW he is far from a nerd. He is a partier and was also on his HS basketball team and a reserve on the Football team.

I say all this because there are countless people of high IQ out there who never amount to anything and I did not go there in this thread to boast about it. The subject developed because there are some absolute cave man idiots that we share this forum with who always try to look smart by "laughing at" others and personal attacks.

I don't feel any need to convince you or others, and frankly I don't give a 1 ounce shit if anybody is convinced. But since you are dwelling on it I'm telling you. Take it or leave it.

Donger 08-03-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7797979)
My son tested in the 99 percentile nationally every year in HS in ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills). I don't know if this has much to do with his IQ but he is legit. He also forced me into buying him an ACT software to study for ACT. Much to his father's chagrin He NEVER used it and in fact didn't even study for the test that much. His score? 33, which I believe also ranks in the 98 to 99 percentile.

BTW he is far from a nerd. He is a partier and was also on his HS basketball team and a reserve on the Football team.

I say all this because there are countless people of high IQ out there who never amount to anything and I did not go there in this thread to boast about it. The subject developed because there are some absolute cave man idiots that we share this forum with who always try to look smart by "laughing at" others and personal attacks.

I don't feel any need to convince you or others, and frankly I don't give a 1 ounce shit if anybody is convinced. But since you are dwelling on it I'm telling you. Take it or leave it.

Not at all. I'm sure there's a chance that your son has an IQ that high. Your wife must be really smart.

Frankie 08-03-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7797891)
Strange that you didn't address this part...

"If that incident was ACTUALLY what you you had in mind when you wrote those things and posted this thread, why didn't you mention it sooner? You know, like when it was brought up soon after post #47 instead of post #292?"

Because our conversation never went in that direction until recent posts. When you have to read and reply to almost every idiot's thuggery you tend to be thrown off track.

Frankie 08-03-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7797988)
Not at all. I'm sure there's a chance that your son has an IQ that high. Your wife must be really smart.

My ex. I have many bad memories from her to the point it really scrapes at my soul to say positive things about her, but in all fairness, I have to say she was also very smart.

Donger 08-03-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7797991)
Because our conversation never went in that direction until recent posts. When you have to read and reply to almost every idiot's thuggery you tend to be thrown off track.

With your 159 IQ? I doubt that.

Let's check.

Strange, but you posted this in #52: "There goes that 'F' word again. Wonder where I saw that earlier in the thread."

Which was in response to my post of #50, where I responded to blaise bringing up the Aloha Airlines flight.

Seems you read that post after all very soon after it was posted and neglected to mention it until much later as what you were REALLY talking about. Odd.

Iowanian 08-03-2011 11:29 AM

She wasn't very smart if she chose to procreate with someone as dumb as a bag of hammers, her child may have an IQ of 4000 if you weren't dumbing down his gene pool.

Donger 08-03-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7797995)
My ex. I have many bad memories from her to the point it really scrapes at my soul to say positive things about her, but in all fairness, I have to say she was also very smart.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Frankie 08-03-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7798004)
She wasn't very smart if she chose to procreate with someone as dumb as a bag of hammers, her child may have an IQ of 4000 if you weren't dumbing down his gene pool.

See what I mean Donger?