ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097348)
I play for fun....so I could really give two shits if that happens when I'm playing. If I find myself playing against a guy who plays like that....I'll back out and go join another game.

In XBL black ops, there was a spas camper in every game. It was inevitable. I'm sure there will be an acog'd barrett once people become more familiar with MW3. But, such is the nature of playing with 12 year olds.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 12:24 PM

I'm not defending anyone, but there have been weapons/perks in every single COD game that were way to overpowering.....which is why nearly everyone used them. Spas with silencer in BO, Spas & 1887's in MW2.

The only time I got pissed off about a class was the 1887's. Absolutely no reason those things were as powerful as they were.

I'm sure there will be a class that will be dominate in MW3 and everyone will start using it. I'm leaning toward .50 cal with ACOG - not because Sofa is using it - because I've seen it quite a bit already, but I don't know.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097359)
I'm not defending anyone, but there have been weapons/perks in every single COD game that were way to overpowering.....which is why nearly everyone used them. Spas with silencer in BO, Spas & 1887's in MW2.

The only time I got pissed off about a class was the 1887's. Absolutely no reason those things were as powerful as they were.

I'm sure there will be a class that will be dominate in MW3 and everyone will start using it. I'm leaning toward .50 cal with ACOG - not because Sofa is using it - because I've seen it quite a bit already, but I don't know.

I agree. I don't see why they don't address it in a beta setting or patch those issues, however. God, the 1887s made MW2 damn near unplayable for a spell, imo.

The Franchise 11-10-2011 12:27 PM

So does that mean because I normally rolled with 3 different guns in BOPs....that I'm a 12 year old cheap gamer?

FAMAS
AK47U
SPAS

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097369)
So does that mean because I normally rolled with 3 different guns in BOPs....that I'm a 12 year old cheap gamer?

FAMAS
AK47U
SPAS

Oh no - the cheap gamers are the guys that deliberately go out of their way to use a known exploit....ala, the guys in MW2 that would not use the primary weapon & just switch over to the 1887's and run around all game long.

Sure, you can do that - it's just cheap.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097364)
I agree. I don't see why they don't address it in a beta setting or patch those issues, however. God, the 1887s made MW2 damn near unplayable for a spell, imo.

The other one I can think of was the AK74 with Rapid Fire.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097369)

FAMAS
AK47U
SPAS

It depends how you play the sets. I didn't find the FAMAS excessively powerful or cheap. The 74u was ridiculous until they patched it, but still livable. That silenced SPAS could be pretty contemptable, though.

My assault rifle sets typically included the FAL/M14, my shotgun sets used the Olympia and my LMG sets the 60 (hardened of course.) I did not find the SMGs to be particularly option.

Occasionally, if I got killed by a spas camper, I would totally make an effort to specifically throw a grenade into his AO, pick up his spas and use it on him a couple times. Those were good times.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 12:37 PM

For the record, the only gun I've really had an issue with was the 1887's. Everything else (spas, ak74, etc) - I can live with.

WV 11-10-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097390)
Occasionally, if I got killed by a spas camper, I would totally make an effort to specifically throw a grenade into his AO, pick up his spas and use it on him a couple times. Those were good times.

This is why I don't mind "cheap classes" or campers, this is part of the game and makes it fun.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097151)
You expounded your love of the silenced spas in BO, which was clearly the cheapest setup in that game as well....

Just call it like I see it.

LMAO ok buddy. I weapon that requires you to be on top of someone before you can adequately use it is cheap. LMAO

Anyone who thinks the shotguns in BO are cheap is a ****ing moron.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097321)
I merely pointed out that it didn't surprise me that he used that class, given his history. If your gonna play like a cheapskate, expect to be judged as one. Play however you want, it doesn't impact me. But if you use a cheap class, don't expect respect for it.

Given my history???

WHAT THE **** DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY HISTORY???

You know shit, you're talking out of your ****ing ass.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097343)
I don't know about you, but I play for fun. It isn't fun when some no-skill assclown camps in a corner with his silenced spas and mows you down one kill away from a badass killstreak. Or someone shoots you in the knee and one-shots you with a semi-automatic sniper rifle. Its about balance.

Jesus ****ign christ dude. I don't camp with a ****ing shotgun. You've clearly never seen me use one.

I personally, never hardly saw a shotgun in BO. Don't know what imaginary ****ing world you've been playing in.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 01:11 PM

Funny. The "cheap" classes i've used are classes that i never see anyone else use. I've seen exactly 1 other sniper with an ACOG in MW3 and in BO i never saw a spas with a silencer unless it was one of the CP members...

The Franchise 11-10-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097486)
Jesus ****ign christ dude. I don't camp with a ****ing shotgun. You've clearly never seen me use one.

I personally, never hardly saw a shotgun in BO. Don't know what imaginary ****ing world you've been playing in.

SK actually does the opposite. He's non-stop running around with the shotgun. It's a sight to behold.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097513)
SK actually does the opposite. He's non-stop running around with the shotgun. It's a sight to behold.

Yup. He's talking out of his ass generalizing me with some apparent XBL trend that has no bearing in the PS3 world.