ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Brewers Ryan Braun suspended for the rest of the season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274711)

BigRedChief 07-22-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9827810)
did Braun admit to tampering with the sample etc or to just using PED's?

Noone tampered with the sample. The seal was intact. The guy took the sample home because the testing center was closed. He had no where to drop it off. Braun and his lawyer used that to say he must have tampered with it at home and put the seal back in place.

He admits to steroids only. Nothing about destroying the guys life.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9827583)
more coming ...

Chris Davis

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2013 05:56 PM

It is funny because he is a douche....., but suspend them all. They are all on shit. The charade is a farce.

Mr. Laz 07-22-2013 05:56 PM

“I am deeply gratified to see Ryan taking this bold step,” Michael Weiner, executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, said in a statement released by the union. “It vindicates the rights of all players under the Joint Drug Program.”

BigRedChief 07-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9827603)
Such a dumbass. You do know he passed 2 blood test and 6 pee test this year right. Keep hating loser.

So did Clemons and Bonds and every other cheater before them. If there is a system, there is a way to beat it.

I'm not at all saying Davis is juicing but a clean test doesn't mean your clean anymore. Just the facts of life in baseball these days.

BlackHelicopters 07-22-2013 06:00 PM

No one is above suspicion.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9827828)
So did Clemons and Bonds and every other cheater before them. If there is a system, there is a way to beat it.

I'm not at all saying Davis is juicing but a clean test doesn't mean your clean anymore. Just the facts of life in baseball these days.

I am.

BigRedChief 07-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9827826)
“I am deeply gratified to see Ryan taking this bold step,” Michael Weiner, executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, said in a statement released by the union. “It vindicates the rights of all players under the Joint Drug Program.”

WTF? Vindicates what "rights" exactly?

whoman69 07-22-2013 06:16 PM

Why is it that the cleanest sport with the harshest penalties and toughest testing is the one with the most suspicion?

pr_capone 07-22-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9827871)
Why is it that the cleanest sport with the harshest penalties and toughest testing is the one with the most suspicion?

because of that

KChiefer 07-22-2013 06:21 PM

Roidman Merriman's about to compete on American Ninja Warrior...

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-22-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9827790)
it's a union thing because the players union has been fighting against virtually every form of discipline and rules, including drug testing, for years.

They are not fighting this, nor have they been recalcitrant over the last five years.

I spoke of Olney's reports about the player's view of Braun in an earlier post. Here is an excerpt from an article he just posted:

The players’ union has gone through a tremendous evolution in its attitude toward those who violate the terms of the drug-testing system, and in the aftermath of Braun’s test, there were members of the Arizona organization who were enraged. The players voted over and over to implement and then repeatedly strengthen the drug-testing program, to ensure the level playing field, because they didn’t want some players to have an advantage over other players in trying to win jobs and earn money.

You're trotting out an obsolete line of thinking.

Eleazar 07-22-2013 06:40 PM

Braun should be banned for life.

O.city 07-22-2013 08:30 PM

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m
Word out of the Brewers clubhouse almost universal: They were glad Ryan Braun got suspended. He straight-up lied to teammates. They're mad.

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9827828)

I'm not at all saying Davis is juicing but a clean test doesn't mean your clean anymore. Just the facts of life in sports these days.

FYP