ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bucs not planning to extend Josh Freeman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268578)

jd1020 01-07-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9291603)
He wasn't traded.

Sorry, let go.

I used "trade" because thats what SNR used.

He was offered a terrible incentive based deal and he walked.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-07-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291252)
We should not be giving up picks for ANYBODY.

If a team is willing to part with a player, whether it's Cousins, Flynn, or Freeman, there's a REASON for it.

Sign a FREE agent and keep our picks.

****. Schiano could just be a reerun. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9291603)
He wasn't traded.

Poo.

So my question still stands. Has it ever happened before?

jd1020 01-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9291616)
****. Schiano could just be a reerun. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

That makes one of us. I would be ****ing livid if this team passed up on Geno, who appears to be the opposite of everything bad about Freeman, to make Freeman our QBotF.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Eh.

I wouldn't trade for him.

I like his game but we have the #1 pick, and we need to take a QB.

Freeman is another time, another place.

boogblaster 01-07-2013 10:41 AM

yea ..

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

has to be predicated on reid seeing something there (sorry I even have to state that) still we go for smith or wilson in the draft and either keep quinn (again, HTBPORSST) or get a third vet option. I want to see options and a QB compitition. I also rather not trade a draft pick for him. trade T jackson, casshole, or some player combo that benefits both teams.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2013 10:49 AM

I have a suspicion Freeman is just Kerry Collins, after the way this year ended actually.

But I'd still like to see him become Ben Roethlisberger Lite.

He can absolutely spin a ball down the field at a high level...it's just his consistency.

jd1020 01-07-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291644)
has to be predicated on reid seeing something there (sorry I even have to state that) still we go for smith or wilson in the draft and either keep quinn (again, HTBPORSST) or get a third vet option. I want to see options and a QB compitition. I also rather not trade a draft pick for him. trade T jackson, casshole, or some player combo that benefits both teams.

Keep Quinn? WWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?????????????

Dude signed a 1 year deal. After what we just witnessed why in the **** would you re sign him?

ChiliConCarnage 01-07-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291619)
Poo.

So my question still stands. Has it ever happened before?

Favre might be the closest thing but he didn't really play much for the Falcons

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291625)
That makes one of us. I would be ****ing livid if this team passed up on Geno, who appears to be the opposite of everything bad about Freeman, to make Freeman our QBotF.

:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9291629)
Eh.

I wouldn't trade for him.

I like his game but we have the #1 pick, and we need to take a QB.

Freeman is another time, another place.

I prefer we draft Geno. Obviously, I'm just saying I wouldn't scream about it. It's the very rare scenario that I could totally get behind.

ChiliConCarnage 01-07-2013 10:56 AM

Steve Young was traded also

Mr. Flopnuts 01-07-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9291682)
Steve Young was traded also

As was a young Brett Favre.

The Franchise 01-07-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9291576)
Do you think the drafted 1st round Qb should start from day 1? There is a lot of evidence both ways.

While true.......Josh Freeman is what....24 years old? We're not going to trade for Freeman and then take another QB with the 1st overall pick. If Freeman was older....maybe.