ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Draft Day Sliders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306676)

ModSocks 03-17-2017 01:41 PM

Draft Day Sliders

Call your shot. Every year there's a handful of guys that are expected to go in the first and end up sliding to the 2nd day.

Who ya got?

Go ahead and post your unexpected 1st day risers too. Every year there is 2-3 guys that are viewed as day two picks that end up going in the 1st. Who are those guys in 2017?

Dante84 03-17-2017 01:45 PM

mmm sounds delicious.

I know what I'm eating that day.

The Franchise 03-17-2017 01:46 PM

Obligatory QB post followed by the usual bullshit when one drops. CP was wrong!!!!

RunKC 03-17-2017 01:53 PM

Fallers:

Deshone Kizer
Sidney Jones-obvious
Jabril Peppers

Risers:

Jordan Willis
Tre'Davious White
Kevin King

The Franchise 03-17-2017 02:01 PM

I hope we have a shot at Kevin King in the 2nd. I'm sure we won't.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12787370)
Fallers:

Deshone Kizer
Sidney Jones-obvious
Jabril Peppers

Risers:

Jordan Willis
Tre'Davious White
Kevin King

Calling Sidney Jones doesn't count.
Out Christian McCaffrey, Kizer, Charles Harris

In Alvin Kamara, Jordan Willis

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 05:43 PM

I expect a couple of the top 3 QBs to slide and a couple teams may trade up into the 1st round to nab them . this way they can get the 5th year option on them. The Chiefs could very well be in this position to trade down and take Mixon.

Direckshun 03-17-2017 06:22 PM

The ILB from Vandy is definitely a 2nd round pick at best.

kccrow 03-17-2017 07:21 PM

Fallers:
QB DeShone Kizer - A poor season followed by poor workouts isn't exactly the recipe for getting into the 1st round. His hesitation in the pocket and his inaccuracy on intermediate throws to the outside are going to really irk teams.

EDGE Tim Williams - Somewhat of a borderline prospect, but he's a one-trick pony with some off-field baggage. He's going to drop quite a ways in my opinion.

DLINE Malik McDowell - He's lazy and raw, nowhere near playing to his physical potential. I see him falling to the mid-to-late 2nd similar to Carlos Dunlap.

EDGE Charles Harris - He's going to have some red flags about being a coachable commodity, this past season wasn't very strong, and his workout was extremely pedestrian. Team's aren't going to fall in love with any of those things. He's going to drop like a rock.

Risers:
EDGE Takkarist McKinley - He's been kind of borderline 1st to 2nd but I think he's going much higher than that. I'm thinking it's probable he falls in the teens.

EDGE T.J. Watt - Being looked at as a mid-to-late 2nd round pick, but this kid has the pedigree and the athletic prowess. I'm betting on round 1.

WR Chris Godwin - Size, speed, great hands, good routes. He's the total package. Being looked at as a late 2nd to early 3rd, he might touch the 1st. Usually 4-5 receivers go round 1, and after Williams, Davis, and Ross there aren't any better than Godwin.

CB Gareon Conley - Tall, long, athletic, man/press corner from Ohio State. He's going round 1.

Willie Lanier 03-18-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12787823)
Fallers:
QB DeShone Kizer - A poor season followed by poor workouts isn't exactly the recipe for getting into the 1st round. His hesitation in the pocket and his inaccuracy on intermediate throws to the outside are going to really irk teams.

EDGE Tim Williams - Somewhat of a borderline prospect, but he's a one-trick pony with some off-field baggage. He's going to drop quite a ways in my opinion.

DLINE Malik McDowell - He's lazy and raw, nowhere near playing to his physical potential. I see him falling to the mid-to-late 2nd similar to Carlos Dunlap.

EDGE Charles Harris - He's going to have some red flags about being a coachable commodity, this past season wasn't very strong, and his workout was extremely pedestrian. Team's aren't going to fall in love with any of those things. He's going to drop like a rock.

Risers:
EDGE Takkarist McKinley - He's been kind of borderline 1st to 2nd but I think he's going much higher than that. I'm thinking it's probable he falls in the teens.

EDGE T.J. Watt - Being looked at as a mid-to-late 2nd round pick, but this kid has the pedigree and the athletic prowess. I'm betting on round 1.

WR Chris Godwin - Size, speed, great hands, good routes. He's the total package. Being looked at as a late 2nd to early 3rd, he might touch the 1st. Usually 4-5 receivers go round 1, and after Williams, Davis, and Ross there aren't any better than Godwin.

CB Gareon Conley - Tall, long, athletic, man/press corner from Ohio State. He's going round 1.

I agree with your lists with the exception of conley...
I've always seen him as a top 25 guy, and isn't that where he's being projected now?

philfree 03-18-2017 07:18 PM

I read the thread title and thought you were inviting everyone over for some little hamburgers on draft day.

kccrow 03-19-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier (Post 12788665)
I agree with your lists with the exception of conley...
I've always seen him as a top 25 guy, and isn't that where he's being projected now?

I haven't watched TV to see if he's being talked about round 1. I know most pubs have had him late round 2 throughout this thing.

rico 03-19-2017 10:38 AM

Deshaun Watson comes to mind immediately.

Titty Meat 03-19-2017 01:55 PM

I seriously thought this thread was going to be about draft day food. I think Mahomes falls to the 2nd round.

CleveSteve 03-19-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12787764)
The ILB from Vandy is definitely a 2nd round pick at best.

This