ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   If it weren't for Sunday ticket... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107341)

dtebbe 12-28-2004 08:52 PM

I think when your new card arrives they may offer you $20 to return the old card. I seem to remeber them doing this back when I had a card to go bad. I think they do it to try and keep the cards off the market (if you know what I mean).

DT

Skip Towne 12-28-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
No kidding, I use to have Dish Network and the local KC channels here in KY... $ 71.88 per year/ $ 5.99 per month for the KC channels, until the FCC stepped in and ruined my little setup. :banghead:

You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?

unlurking 12-28-2004 09:21 PM

They did the same thing to me when they sent me a new receiver (protection plan). As soon as I sent the old one back, they just credited my account. It did take a few weeks to get processed though.

Mosbonian 12-28-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Huh? I love TWC. But seeing how you complain about everything, I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing no matter what you had.

I can tell you plenty of horror stories about Time Warner.....but i don't want to get into a fight with Endelt again....

FOR ME....TWC sux big ol' monkey baows.....

mmaddog

alanm 12-28-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?

Inside information. :thumb:

Eleazar 12-28-2004 10:39 PM

I never have any trouble with Time Warner. :shrug: Got digital cable and roadrunner, never been out for a minute that I can remember.

Mosbonian 12-28-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I never have any trouble with Time Warner. :shrug: Got digital cable and roadrunner, never been out for a minute that I can remember.

Their customer service sux.....

mmaddog

shakenbake 12-28-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
I'd tell Directv to stick it in their ass!

They are charging me $20 to replace my access card. :cuss:

I was having problems with my local channels, so they are sending me a replacement. The guy who tried to help me never said there would be a charge. I was about to pay my bill on line, like I always do, and noticed this: Access Card Replacement - Charge $20.00 $1.20 $21.20

****ers! :mad:

If you pay your bill every month on time I would tell them to stick it. If they give you the run around tell them you want to cancel your account and ask them to transfer you to the department that handles cancelations. I guarntee they will credit your account once you talk to those guys.

2bikemike 12-28-2004 11:32 PM

I have been unable to justify the dough to make the switch and get DTV with the Sunday ticket. I do go to the sports bar but my tab is really cheap.

Eleazar 12-28-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog

mmaddog

Just putting my $.02 in. I have never had issue with them. You might have a bad CS experience with any company. Sometimes you just catch people having bad days, who knows. Their service works for me so :shrug:

Pants 12-28-2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog

mmaddog

Weird, in my experience their customer service was always good. One day, though, some dude called in sick and he was the one who was supposed to come by my house, so I had to wait a few more hours till somebody showed up. Over the phone, though, they have the best CS I've ever seen, quick professional help. Plus the internet rocks.

Nzoner 12-28-2004 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
I have been unable to justify the dough to make the switch and get DTV with the Sunday ticket. I do go to the sports bar but my tab is really cheap.

Seeing that I already have DTV with the multiple receivers and tv's in place I've decided that next year I will be giving up my season tickets to enjoy a full season in my gameroom as I can no longer justify the expense of both.

2bikemike 12-28-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
Seeing that I already have DTV with the multiple receivers and tv's in place I've decided that next year I will be giving up my season tickets to enjoy a full season in my gameroom as I can no longer justify the expense of both.

Wow I am not so sure I would give up my season tickets if I had any!
Are you just going to sell your 05 tickets or are you giving them up all together?

Nzoner 12-29-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Wow I am not so sure I would give up my season tickets if I had any!
Are you just going to sell your 05 tickets or are you giving them up all together?

If the opportunity is there to sell them off I may do that,however,with the Chiefs requiring 1st installments in early '05 it may not be possible.

My other problem is that I'm not able to get local channels where I live so even if I decided to keep the tickets and nix DTV I'd find myself at a local sports bar as well for the away games,with the set-up I already have in place I can't see that.

One other positive is that I have enough clients with tickets that I've already been assured of taking in at least 2-3 games at Arrowhead if I choose to do so.

2bikemike 12-29-2004 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
If the opportunity is there to sell them off I may do that,however,with the Chiefs requiring 1st installments in early '05 it may not be possible.

My other problem is that I'm not able to get local channels where I live so even if I decided to keep the tickets and nix DTV I'd find myself at a local sports bar as well for the away games,with the set-up I already have in place I can't see that.

One other positive is that I have enough clients with tickets that I've already been assured of taking in at least 2-3 games at Arrowhead if I choose to do so.

Well I have seen pictures of your set up so at least you would still have a cool place to go.