ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Pants 10-31-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8062749)
I have and still do have this issue. Frustrating as hell. Generally takes me 4+ attempts just to join a game, but if I do get into a game, there is a 50/50 shot that I'm going to get kicked at some point because I "lost connection to the server."

The 50 I stay in the game is fun though. I haven't put much time in, but honestly, just getting into & staying in the games is so time consuming & frustrating that I may just put this one on the shelf until (if) they get the shit fixed.

For reals? Damn, man. Do you think it could be your NAT? That sucks.

Mr. Plow 10-31-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8062758)
For reals? Damn, man. Do you think it could be your NAT? That sucks.

Yeah - I've check everything I can on my side and I don't see any issues. I was actually playing SP on Saturday afternoon and it kicked me from my game and popped "Lost connection to server". I had to yell "I'm playing campaign, I'm not even online ****ers." lol. My oldest came upstairs to see what I was yelling about.

Generally, once I get into a game and it sticks, I'm good. But it's the whole getting into a game and sticking that's the problem.

Pants 10-31-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8062761)
Yeah - I've check everything I can on my side and I don't see any issues. I was actually playing SP on Saturday afternoon and it kicked me from my game and popped "Lost connection to server". I had to yell "I'm playing campaign, I'm not even online ****ers." lol. My oldest came upstairs to see what I was yelling about.

Generally, once I get into a game and it sticks, I'm good. But it's the whole getting into a game and sticking that's the problem.

Have you done the Server Browser > Filter yet? It's checked to connect to European servers by default and before I changed, the best I could get was 4 bars.

Mr. Plow 10-31-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8062788)
Have you done the Server Browser > Filter yet? It's checked to connect to European servers by default and before I changed, the best I could get was 4 bars.

I'll double check it tonight if I get time. I'd like to get in some games with you just haven't had the time to get on for an extended period....and then tonight the Chiefs are ruining it.

Chest Rockwell 10-31-2011 12:57 PM

Totally dug the storyline and organization of the campaign on this one. Good stuff, on my second playthrough now.

How hard is the MP to pick up? I've been playing FPS forever, but mainly just the campaigns; never could get into the multiplayer side of the Carl on Duty series and I'm thinking this may be more my type of MP experience.

Pants 10-31-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 8062879)
Totally dug the storyline and organization of the campaign on this one. Good stuff, on my second playthrough now.

How hard is the MP to pick up? I've been playing FPS forever, but mainly just the campaigns; never could get into the multiplayer side of the Carl on Duty series and I'm thinking this may be more my type of MP experience.

MP will be frustrating as hell at first, but as soon as you start doing well, the hook will be in.

BigRichard 10-31-2011 02:20 PM

Ok, so who is playing on the PC?

Johnny Vegas 10-31-2011 03:24 PM

goin on 360 to tear some shit up

I sent quite a few friend requests to CPr's for the 360. BadMaJama is my tag if you're not sure of who's behind the request.

ChiefFripp 10-31-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 8063108)

That message totally goes with your avatar. I feel like Jesus is asking if anyone is down for some BF. Cool feeling.

loochy 10-31-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 8063108)

me.

i havent played much though

FURY 10-31-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8054228)
That's the price we have to pay for dedicated servers which give us games free of hacks and obvious connection disadvantages.

Dedicated servers have absolutely nothing to do with hacks. Nice try though. ROFL

Pants 10-31-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FURY (Post 8063495)
Dedicated servers have absolutely nothing to do with hacks. Nice try though. ROFL

Yeah, you're going to be able to connect to a DICE server and have some kid instantly level you to the highest rank. No doubt, bruh.

ChiefFripp 11-01-2011 02:43 AM

Cool video. Things like this make Battlefield Battlefield.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-Rv9X-TqMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bambi 11-01-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8069961)
Cool video. Things like this make Battlefield Battlefield.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-Rv9X-TqMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahaha, hilarious

Chest Rockwell 11-01-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8062926)
MP will be frustrating as hell at first, but as soon as you start doing well, the hook will be in.

Played a couple of quick games of conquest (randomed in) last night. I totally sucked, but it wasn't nearly as frustrating as newbing CoD. I can already tell I like this MP better. I think it may be on.