ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *** 2014 Prospects: Chiefs Visits / Met / Work Outs *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280847)

Dante84 01-30-2014 11:41 PM

I just watched Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia. I watched his tape against a pud team (William and Mary) and against a decent team (Baylor).

Positives:
- He is great at recognizing pressure and picking up the defender.
- He has really good vision, and reads his blocks well.
- Very decisive change of direction, and alters his run very well.
- His feet pump very fast, and he churns his feet. Because of this, he typically falls forward after contact for an additional yard or two, which could be huge for picking up 1st downs.

Negatives:
- For as much as he pumps his feet, he doesn't appear to have elite speed. It looks like he should be faster. This scares me because in the NFL, the defenders are much faster and will make contact very quickly. He just doesn't look like a game-breaker.
- He doesn't seem to break tackles. It doesn't take an entire team to bring him down, and if the tackler gets a decent chance at a tackle, he usually makes it and ends the play.
- For as great as he is at blocking in the pocket for the QB, he is terrible at blocking in the open field. He runs straight up, and is hesitant to make contact. The ballcarrier he is blocking usually ends up running into him and blows the play, or throws Sims out of the way. This is particularly troubling as our backup RB better be able to block in the open field on ST's - Toub won't take kindly to shit blocking.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bLDcrS5QrXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dPz1F8Iaf3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 01-31-2014 12:03 AM

I just watched Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest. I watched his tape against a great Clemson team, and NC State. They were night and day different. Clemson was blah, and NC State he was everywhere.

Positives:
- This guy is an athlete. He has the same bouncey-step and go move that Welker, Edelman, and Woodhead have (yes, they are all white). You'll see what I mean when you watch the NC State tape.
- He is quick AND fast. Quick first step, and then burns when he's got grass.
- He has a knack for finding the soft spot in the defense in the NC State game. He gives his QB some looks, but the QB doesn't always pull the trigger, or pull it accurately.
- He seems to catch with his hands and not his body or forearms.

Negatives:
- Do they only have him run 2 routes against Clemson? He either stays on the line of scrimmage and waits for the ball, or he runs a 5-7 yard curl. Didn't seem him get deep, or very open against tight coverage in this game.
- 2 or 3 drops against Clemson. Silly, nervous, shit-your-pants get off the field drops.
- When he realizes the ball isn't coming to him, his body language sucks and he stops playing. Drops his head and walks like he's throwing a little personal pity party.
- He seems to take an extra beat when catching and securing the ball. Some he double clutched, other times, he stares at it in his hands after the catch before snapping awake and making a football move.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gp2VueZTWsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dXT8dqhPKKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 02-05-2014 09:13 PM

I just watched Josh Huff, WR, Oregon. I watched his tape against Oregon St. and against Texas.

Positives:
- Knows how to find space and get open
- Didn't see a single drop
- Made several clutch catches in the Oregon St. game
- Could have made more plays if his QB looked his way. He was always, always getting open.
- Decent run blocking
- Has no fear going across the middle
- Great burst
- A very physical receiver. Almost reminds me of an offensive version of Brandon Flowers.

Negatives:
- I honestly didn't see one.

I ****ing love this guy!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AjuWUUhzZCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k_l2zP0yNrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 02-05-2014 09:20 PM

Fun thread. :) Keep updating.

Frosty 02-06-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10416696)
I just watched Josh Huff, WR, Oregon. I watched his tape against Oregon St. and against Texas.

Positives:
- Knows how to find space and get open
- Didn't see a single drop
- Made several clutch catches in the Oregon St. game
- Could have made more plays if his QB looked his way. He was always, always getting open.
- Decent run blocking
- Has no fear going across the middle
- Great burst
- A very physical receiver. Almost reminds me of an offensive version of Brandon Flowers.

Negatives:
- I honestly didn't see one.

I ****ing love this guy!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AjuWUUhzZCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep in mind that my Beavers have a shitty defensive coordinator that doesn't have the first clue how to defend the spread. A lot of receivers look great against Oregon State. :grr:

OldSchool 02-06-2014 04:49 PM

Huff= Golden Tate

Dante84 02-06-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10417823)
Huff= Golden Tate

I feel like Huff is a little more explosive and therefore could be more of a target in the deep game than Tate is.

OldSchool 02-07-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10418442)
I feel like Huff is a little more explosive and therefore could be more of a target in the deep game than Tate is.

I agree, but he is the player that Huff is the most similar to. Unless you wanna say Percy Harvin/Randall Cobb. Both Harvin and Tate ran in the low 4.4s.

tecumseh 02-18-2014 11:59 PM

Nice thread. Thanks for the homework. reallly good stuff.

Dante84 02-19-2014 07:55 AM

Thanks!

Let's be sure to catch a any tidbits that come from the combine.

"Chiefs scouts were talking to..."
"Player X interviewed with..."
"Chiefs staff was watching player X closely during Y drill"

That's the stuff we're looking for.

OldSchool 02-19-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10440845)
Thanks!

Let's be sure to catch a any tidbits that come from the combine.

"Chiefs scouts were talking to..."
"Player X interviewed with..."
"Chiefs staff was watching player X closely during Y drill"

That's the stuff we're looking for.

Is there any writer that tweets stuff like that about the Chiefs specifically?

jonzie04 02-19-2014 10:14 AM

damn, campanaro is quick as hell. i'd be happier than all get out with either guy! i'm praying to god the chiefs don't take a wr in the first round. this draft is so deep at wr it's insane.

Dante84 02-19-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10440994)
Is there any writer that tweets stuff like that about the Chiefs specifically?

Well, there's a lot of local reporters and bloggers, but many times, the info we're looking for here is hidden within bullet notes from random reporters.

For instance, a Panther's beat writer could mention that he saw a prospect talking to Carolina's brass, and the Bengals and Chiefs reps were there as well.

Or a prospect could be talking to his hometown/college newspaper, and namedrop who he spoke with at the combine. Or his agent could say what teams are asking about him.

Its totally random and scatter shot, but great info to catch. Some posters are really, really good at finding it, and it helps the thread.

Dante84 02-20-2014 04:15 PM

I will add Billy Turner later tonight.

Edit - already got him.

This makes twice that we've spoken to him.

Sfeihc 02-20-2014 04:38 PM

He would be the perfect fit for the CHIEFS. I hope he is on the board when they pick in the 3rd round.