ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Per the latest Sports Illustrated issue.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=8989)

mlyonsd 09-08-2000 05:50 PM

From the dispatches section..

<LI>1) "How good of a job has Indy president Bill Polian done? the Colts have their cornerstones- QB Manning, WR Harrison, RB Edge, TE Dilger and DE Bratzke- all signed, for all practical purposes, through at least 2003. Yet the club opened the season $3.21 million under the salary cap, the third biggest cushion in the league.....

<LI>2) "We've got to play smarter football," said Chiefs coach Cunningham after the 27-14 loss to the Colts. No kidding. On its first punt, KC lined up with 10 men. How can Larry parker forget he's on he punt team? On Indy's first snap, DT Chester jumped offside. Then KC had to burn a timeout in the 1st half because the defense only had 10 men on the field; on the next play, DE Dan Willams jumped offside."

In RE to #1.. kudos to Indy... looks like they'll be a pain in the AFC for years to come (the Colts a model franchise??.. doesn't sound right, does it?...)

And as for #2... KC may want to reevaluate how they appoach minicamps and preseason... no excuses for those kind of mistakes... I would have had the high school team I coach running gassers for days if they brain locked that bad!

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

ColoradoChief 09-08-2000 10:05 PM

Wasn't it Williams who got the offsides on Indy's first snap? I remember he was lined up offsides and I was pointing that out when he went ahead and jumped offsides, just to be sure.

Gracie Dean 09-08-2000 11:03 PM

No, Williams didn't start. Remember? It was definitely Glock.

Duck Dog 09-08-2000 11:09 PM

Yep, it was Glock. What Williams DID do, however, was cost the team twice in one play. When he came in late and they burned the timeout, and then he was flagged on the same play. The announcer even commented that Williams was "doing double duty".

*sigh*

ColoradoChief 09-08-2000 11:16 PM

Yeah, you're right. I might have just mistaken them, because i'm pretty sure Williams lined up offsides, then jumped further offsides (maybe encroachment?). It just wasn't the first play, I guess.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-09-2000 12:35 AM

Bob Dole thinks Parker should be excused, since the first KC punt happened so quickly that Parker was still putting on his jersey.

Duck Dog 09-09-2000 12:37 AM

Lol Bob Dole!

Isn't it a little late for a crusty old fart like yourself to be up? Go snuggle with 'Liz.

Duck Dog 09-09-2000 12:38 AM

What's this???!?!!? Do mine eyes decieve me?!?! I've finally achieved regular status! HAHAHAAAA Tremble, mortals. I have been promoted!!! Now you worms will feel my wrath!!! AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-09-2000 12:38 AM

Just got done snuggling and sent her on her way, so Bob Dole thought he'd see what was new on the football discussion front.

Stuckinbama 09-09-2000 12:45 AM

Oh - preseason doesn't "really" matter. The Chhiefs used it to evaluate "imdividual" players, just wait until the regular season starts, you'll see! Guess what Gun?

homebizy 09-09-2000 09:12 AM

Hawaii,

You ought to be used to this. Just about every team in the NFL is ahead of the Chiefs in terms of player development, drafting, and salary cap management. For whatever reason, Gunter's team have always been in dissaray. They always seem to be short of timeouts when they need them.

Management of this organization is atrocious. From top to bottom.