ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9268686)
He stopped short of calling Hunt a liar, but he and Frank Boal are feeding each others anger, concluding that all the good coaches aren't coming here. It's a lot like reading CP.

This.

ChiefsCountry 01-02-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9268685)
I don't believe that for a second. 2010 Chiefs were a fraud.

6 of Denver's wins were vs 3 shitty AFCW teams. They lost vs their toughest opponents.

They are very good, but we will see just how good very soon.

Denver will get to the AFC Championship Game and get bounced by New England. Cincinnati will beat Houston - upset special, Baltimore beats Indy. Denver beats Cincy. New England beats Baltimore.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

http://forums.allkpop.com/attachment...say-jpg.36667/

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

6 of Denver's wins were vs 3 shitty AFCW teams. They lost vs their toughest opponents.

They are very good, but we will see just how good very soon.

I'll be positively shocked if the Broncos aren't in the Super Bowl

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9268697)

LMAO

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268610)
your argument is flawed and ignorant

It just is.

I could argue with it all day, point out New England only has 3 wins against playoff teams...

but it's just pointless on this board

everyone is so wrong about Peyton Manning all the time it's sickening. I hate it. I'm a Chiefs fan. But at least I'm realistic about Peyton Manning and what he means to our division, to our head coaching search, and to our short term happiness as Chiefs fans.

At least I'm smart enough to realize we're in wild card or nothing mode for the next 3 years minimum

okay, sure. I just think that a team that really plays some fast defense neutralizes Manning and the rest of Denver's roster just doesn't match up to the depth of, say, a Seattle, Atlanta, or even Houston.

Maybe I'm wrong - they sure are peaking at the right time, and winning the games they needed to win at the time to win them (Nov & Dec) but I don't see Manning as having the Superman cape under his jersey like everyone else. That team is beatable - give the Chiefs a real QB, some real coaching, the other half of a secondary, and some offensive compliments to Bowe and JC...the Chiefs can certainly battle Den for supremacy in the division. Oak and SD are shit. Plus, we have the NFC East next year - no cakewalk. It will be hard for the Chiefs to have a winning record next year, no matter what, and Den will have a hard time duplicating their record this year, though they could probably win this division easily at 11-5 or 10-5 (much like KC in 2010) or even 9-7.

Point is...Chiefs will probably have a decent draft position in 2014 as well. It's possible, if everything goes right (Pioli is gone, Reid or Chip Kelly comes here, draft the right QB, good sound drafts and FA signings, etc.) the Chiefs can totally battle the Broncos for division supremecy in a year or two, much as theydid during Elway's prime in the 90's.

DaKCMan AP 01-02-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9268656)
What do you have against Mike Lombardi? Who would you want as GM? So tell me smart guy.

Are you serious?

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9268695)
Denver will get to the AFC Championship Game and get bounced by New England. Cincinnati will beat Houston - upset special, Baltimore beats Indy. Denver beats Cincy. New England beats Baltimore.

I stopped after the first sentence.

Could totally see that happening. 100%

doesn't mean we are in good shape to ever take this division with Peyton Manning at QB over in Denver

he can choke all he wants in the playoffs; the fact of the matter is, he's still there to choke while the Chiefs only chance will be to fight for a wild card

and I can't wait for that AFCC game. It'll be more exciting to me than the Super Bowl.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268698)

They'll lose the Super Bowl if they get there.

The NFC representative will knock their block off.

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9268698)

I won't. Simply due to Peyton's post-season record.

penguinz 01-02-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268709)

If the Denver Mannings make it to the SB they will win it.

Brock 01-02-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268709)

ROFL sure

ncCHIEFfan 01-02-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9268625)
You are what your record says you are.

Did you not watch the Donks on Sunday?

It took a few games for them to get up to speed, but that machine is rolling now.

Sure I watched the game. But they were playing an awful Chiefs team that has quit.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9268708)
I stopped after the first sentence.

Could totally see that happening. 100%

doesn't mean we are in good shape to ever take this division with Peyton Manning at QB over in Denver

he can choke all he wants in the playoffs; the fact of the matter is, he's still there to choke while the Chiefs only chance will be to fight for a wild card

and I can't wait for that AFCC game. It'll be more exciting to me than the Super Bowl.

We took TWO AFC West championships from John Elway with STEVE ****ING BONO and ELVIS ****ING GRBAC at QB.

Your argument just isn't meaty enough. Sorry.

Hootie 01-02-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9268701)
give the Chiefs a real QB, some real coaching, the other half of a secondary, and some offensive compliments to Bowe and JC...the Chiefs can certainly battle Den for supremacy in the division. Oak and SD are shit.

ROFL

now replace the 'give the Chiefs' with 'give the Raiders' or 'give the Chargers' and you're absolutely right!

If, by some miracle, we land a franchise QB, a GREAT coach, 2 solid secondary personnel, a few great compliments to Charles and Bowe...and a few other pieces that JUST fit!!!

then JUST MAYBE, with a bounce or two, we can compete with what Denver already has!

I'm done living pipe dreams. I prefer being realistic.