ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, got my car window busted out last night... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293210)

luv 07-02-2015 08:16 AM

So, got my car window busted out last night...

I went to a local park to walk/jog. When I got there, I did my usual and put my purse in the passenger floor board and covered it up. However, I noticed there was a guy in a vehicle not far from me. I didn't know if he saw what I was doing, so I got a little spooked and decided to put it in my trunk.

I went for an hour long walk/jog and took a few pictures at the park when I was through. Upon returning to my car, there was a park ranger waiting for me. My driver's window had been busted out. They got in the trunk and took my purse. That was it.

A couple with a baby that had been parked near me heard an alarm as they left their car. They thought someone had tried pulling in and hit their car so they turned around to go back. They saw someone run around and hop into a large, black, newer model Ford Raptor with black rims and tinted windows and speed off. Unfortunately, they did not get a plate number. They were nice enough to call the park ranger, and they waited there until I was done with my walk before they left.

I got the parks report number, called to report it with the police (an officer actually would have been there, but he was at the local dog park on a similar call), cancelled my debit card, and filed it with my insurance. Now I just have to talk with insurance, get a new window and tint, new license, reopen a new bank account (I actually had checks in my purse for the first time in over two years), blah blah blah....

They probably got they were getting lucky. I drive a Lexus, so they probably thought they hit the jackpot. Joke's on them. I do not have any credit cards, I had $45 cash (which I never carry cash...doh!). The manager of my bank is a family friend. She called me first thing this morning to go over yesterday's charges with me. So far, they got $94 in gas last night and they tried using it as a local hospital this morning. Since I had checks in my purse, she closed my account and opened a new one. I guess I should get a printout from her to add the information to my police report.

Anyway, at least I'm fine. Just have to deal with the stress of getting everything cancelled and redone, filed, replaced, etc. They do have my license, which freaks me out a little, but I'm just more pissed off than anything.

Moral of the story, don't take anything with me when I go to the park. I can see why parks with trails are popular. As opposed to shopping malls, where ladies take their purses in with them, ladies do not carry their purses with them when they walk. Plus, with the trails, they know you're going to be gone for a while.

BigMeatballDave 07-02-2015 08:24 AM

That sucks. I would be furious just for having to close the account and open a new one, not to mention having to get a new license.

POS criminals.

Hamwallet 07-02-2015 08:25 AM

A Ford Raptor and snatching purses?

Hammock Parties 07-02-2015 08:25 AM

Don't EVER leave me neg rep again. Thanks for the gas.

srvy 07-02-2015 08:28 AM

hate hearing stuff like that. But maybe as a consolation prize for you he cut his hand wide open breaking the glass and will the use of it. Strange to use at a hospital maybe the got him on camera.

luv 07-02-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11577535)

LMAO

luv 07-02-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11577541)
hate hearing stuff like that. But maybe as a consolation prize for you he cut his hand wide open breaking the glass and will the use of it. Strange to use at a hospital maybe the got him on camera.

I'm hoping so. Definitely why I want to get the info from the bank to add to the report.

Bugeater 07-02-2015 08:31 AM

I think about this type of shit a lot when I'm out on my rides. I try to leave as little as possible in my Jeep and never anything in sight. With as often as I've done it I'm surprised I've never had any issues.

Predarat 07-02-2015 08:35 AM

I hate thieving scum shitbags. Sorry that happened to you.

luv 07-02-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11577535)

Um...could I at least get my license and birth control pills back?

luv 07-02-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11577550)
I think about this type of shit a lot when I'm out on my rides. I try to leave as little as possible in my Jeep and never anything in sight. With as often as I've done it I'm surprised I've never had any issues.

See, I think it was someone actually seeing me put my purse in my trunk that prompted them. I don't usually do that. I usually either leave it at home or cover it up in the passenger floor board with a scarf that I leave there for that exact purpose.

I also parked a little further up the lot from the other cars than I usually do. I thought I'd give myself a bit more of a warmup before starting my mapmyrun app. I'm actually lucky I even took my phone with me. I forgot my headphones, and I know the miles markers on the trail. I really didn't even need to run the app. So happy I did, or else it would have been in my purse too.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-02-2015 09:05 AM

Ha, I bet he shit himself when he found out all he got was a bag full of Dildos

The Franchise 07-02-2015 09:11 AM

That ****ing sucks. There's an IT guy in my office that had his car window broken out last Christmas while he was across the street at a Starbucks. Dude was literally out of his car for maybe 5 minutes. He had EVERYTHING in his work case.....giftcards, cash, credit cards....you name it. He lost everything that he got for Christmas on top of what he normally had.

MTG#10 07-02-2015 09:11 AM

Springfield is a cesspool of crime. Parks are a horrible place to go anymore, you're the third person this month I've heard about getting a broken window at a park. Was it Sequiota by chance?

loochy 07-02-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11577609)
Springfield is a cesspool of crime. Parks are a horrible place to go anymore, you're the third person this month I've heard about getting a broken window at a park.

So THAT'S where Direkshun has been.