ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Sassy Squatch 04-17-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9596941)
Writing has been on the wall for a while.

I was also told today that the Chiefs were the ones that told Albert to stay away and that he would have reported if they hadn't said that.

I'd be shocked if they took Joeckel though. Fisher is the lineman in the Reid style. He wants guys who are big and who can maul and that's Fisher.

It's not Joeckel and it's not Albert.

Albert turned the team off for a number of reasons 1 being his inability to be flexible for the good of the team, the other is his contract demands and the 3rd is they question how well he's going to hold up on a long term deal due to the various body transformations he has undergone.

If the Chiefs can get the 42, take it and clear 9 million off the books.

I know it's not popular around here, but Dorsey made the right move franchising and trading this guy since they really just don't think he fits.

So Albert's been gone all along. Oh well.

caligula 04-17-2013 06:08 PM

so, the dolphins (who drafted a first round QB last year) are getting a starting left tackle (proven veteran) for a low 2nd

and we're getting a rookie starting tackle for the #1 pick in the draft, while spending a high second round pick (and more) on a QB who was a back up

and this isn't ****ing reeruned because why?

notorious 04-17-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9596956)
So Albert's been gone all along. Oh well.

We all knew it to be true.

YayMike 04-17-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

I was also told today that the Chiefs were the ones that told Albert to stay away and that he would have reported if they hadn't said that.

I'd be shocked if they took Joeckel though. Fisher is the lineman in the Reid style. He wants guys who are big and who can maul and that's Fisher.

It's not Joeckel and it's not Albert.

Albert turned the team off for a number of reasons 1 being his inability to be flexible for the good of the team, the other is his contract demands and the 3rd is they question how well he's going to hold up on a long term deal due to the various body transformations he has undergone.

If the Chiefs can get the 42, take it and clear 9 million off the books.

I know it's not popular around here, but Dorsey made the right move franchising and trading this guy since they really just don't think he fits.

This makes sense. Gonna miss Albert. Thanks as always for the info.

notorious 04-17-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9596958)
so, the dolphins (who drafted a first round QB last year) are getting a starting left tackle (proven veteran) for a low 2nd

and we're getting a rookie starting tackle for the #1 pick in the draft, while spending a high second round pick (and more) on a QB who was a back up

and this isn't ****ing reeruned because why?

nOOb is correct.

Nightfyre 04-17-2013 06:09 PM

This off-season has been absolutely unacceptable. I don't know why I even give a shit about this franchise anymore. It is absolute bullshit that we, as fans, have been subjected to absolute shit since Trent Green's egg got scrambled and this is the kind of offseason we get from the "new boss." Same as the old boss, if you ask me.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 06:09 PM

****, while we're at it, let's trade Jamaal for a 3rd and draft his replacement with the R2 pick we get from Miami.

Rain Man 04-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9596922)
****ing terrible trade. God I hope this is just a smoke screen.

The smoke is just coming from that guy who's falling out the window.

Nightfyre 04-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9596965)
****, while we're at it, let's trade Jamaal for a 3rd and draft his replacement with the R2 pick we get from Miami.

Trade Houston for a fourth and draft his replacement with the third we get from Jamaal.

ILChief 04-17-2013 06:11 PM

Wow this place has way too high an opinion of Branden Albert

notorious 04-17-2013 06:11 PM

I am going to wake up and find that we still have our early 2nd round pick.....

This is a ****ing nightmare.

Sassy Squatch 04-17-2013 06:12 PM

**** it. God I hope Chase Daniel can ball. That's the only hope now.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9596969)
Wow this place has way too high an opinion of Branden Albert

We can win a Super Bowl with him at LT.

So it's really a bunch of ****ing bullshit that he's being traded so we can spend 1.1 on his replacement.

We're probably improving that position 15 percent, at best, down the road.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9596975)
We can win a Super Bowl with him at LT.

So it's really a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

You can win a SB with just about anyone at LT.

But not with a slapdick at QB.

-King- 04-17-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Reid said that it was Albert who is choosing to stay away.