ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos traded Kaepernick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268829)

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 12:50 AM

Broncos traded Kaepernick

Sorta:

On April 29, 2011, The San Francisco 49ers traded up with the Denver Broncos from the thirteenth pick in the second round (#45 overall) to select Colin Kaepernick as the fourth pick in the second round (#36 overall) at the 2011 NFL Draft. The Denver Broncos received picks 45, 108 and 141 overall in exchange for the 36th overall pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick
ROFL

Cmd'r&Chief 01-13-2013 12:50 AM

Nice find Bro

HolyHat 01-13-2013 12:52 AM

This makes me warm inside

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9312493)
Nice find Bro

Rep me. I am in the red.

RINGLEADER 01-13-2013 01:15 AM

Keapernick > Rahim Moore (45), Quintin Carter (108), Julius Thomas (141 - traded to move up to 129 to take Thomas).

Funny that the guy the Broncos got was responsible for the poor coverage on the final tying bomb pass from Flacco...lol

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:16 AM

No way would I want to see Kaepernick in Denver.

2 years of Manning > 15 years of Kapernick. For Chiefs fans anyway.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:18 AM

No, they didn't. What a dumb ****ing thread

Bump 01-13-2013 01:19 AM

ya, Kaepernick is pretty damn awesome.

Bump 01-13-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9312524)
No, they didn't. What a dumb ****ing thread

if wikipedia says they did. They did. You stupid ****tard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312530)
if wikipedia says they did. They did. You stupid ****tard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

Of course you would take the dumbshit take.

Bump 01-13-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9312534)
Of course you would take the dumbshit take.

the dumbshit take?

It's not dumb, it's not opinion. It's fact. The broncos traded that pic and you said they didn't. You are ****ing idiotic dude.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312522)
No way would I want to see Kaepernick in Denver.

2 years of Manning > 15 years of Kapernick. For Chiefs fans anyway.

Totally. Scary to think of that guy in Orange.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312536)
the dumbshit take?

It's not dumb, it's not opinion. It's fact. The broncos traded that pic and you said they didn't. You are ****ing idiotic dude.

No, they didn't trade kaepernick.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312536)
the dumbshit take?

And I seriously think you operate under the assumption that the whole "rep" feature is important to me. Your propensity to negative "rep" me and write more dumb shit is astounding.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9312521)
Keapernick > Rahim Moore (45), Quintin Carter (108), Julius Thomas (141 - traded to move up to 129 to take Thomas).

Funny that the guy the Broncos got was responsible for the poor coverage on the final tying bomb pass from Flacco...lol

Ha! I didn't notice that. Makes it all the more awesome!

Bump 01-13-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9312542)
And I seriously think you operate under the assumption that the whole "rep" feature is important to me. Your propensity to negative "rep" me and write more dumb shit is astounding.

haha, you cared enough to mention it. :evil:

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312547)
haha, you cared enough to mention it. :evil:

The government is out to get you!!!

Shouldn't you be paying more attention to that and less attention to neg-repping rational people on the internet?

Bump 01-13-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9312548)
The government is out to get you!!!

Shouldn't you be paying more attention to that and less attention to neg-repping rational people on the internet?

ya change the subject, good job. You don't care about neg rep, but you care enough to notice that I negged you several seconds after and then cared even more to tell me that you don't care about it. lololol

you're pathetic.

RINGLEADER 01-13-2013 01:47 AM

Broncos traded the pick used to acquire Kaepernick. Not really that complicated, and I think everyone knew what the OP intended.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9312558)
Broncos traded the pick used to acquire Kaepernick. Not really that complicated, and I think everyone knew what the OP intended.

Hey, did you hear the Panthers traded Darelle Revis? You didn't?

Yeah, cuz it makes no sense.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312526)

And I can still remember the shit I took from that year when I was one of the very few who wanted the Chiefs to draft him...

scho63 01-13-2013 09:09 AM

Keapernick looked like a lightning bolt running yesterday. He had plenty of gas late in the game. Pretty impressive to me.......

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9312576)
And I can still remember the shit I took from that year when I was one of the very few who wanted the Chiefs to draft him...

Yeah, but we took Jon Baldwin 9 picks ahead of him. So it isn't like we got some dud with our pick. No wait - we did!

What's so odd about Denver trading out of that slot was: they had no QB. They had Orton, Quinn, Tebow who all sucked. It's one thing to trade out and miss on a young QB when you already signed Peyton in March, like they did this year. But this happened a year before the Peyton signing.

Either way, they ended up (1) Burning a 1st on Tebow, (2) passing on Kap, (3) getting Rahim "Toast" Moore instead, (4) spending 90M on Peyton, (5) Losing first round anyway

notorious 01-13-2013 11:05 AM

Delicious Tears!!!!

Keep them coming Donk fan!!!!

BigRedChief 01-13-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312526)

We will see if this trend of running QB's holds up. The downside is what happened to RGIII. They are one knee injury away from disaster.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 11:22 AM

I'd like to see the data on likelihood of major injury rushing, or getting sacked. Tom Brady had his leg destroyed by Pollard while throwing a bomb. Where are you truly "safe" in the NFL?

Strongside 01-13-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9312494)
This makes me warm inside

That's what she said.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 11:28 AM

Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin over Kaepernick

think about that for a second

milkman 01-13-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313101)

Why?

You looking to send someone on a killing spree?

Frankie 01-13-2013 11:47 AM

I HAD KAEPERNICK ON MY DRAFT WISH LIST!!!

But effing Piolli took Jonathan Baldwin ahead of him. :(

How bad was Piolli's hatred of Bowe?

BossChief 01-13-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

He'd probably never see the field with the staff we had in place.

Red Dawg 01-13-2013 12:21 PM

That is just perfect.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

No, according to this thread, we traded for Baldwin for Kaepernick.

SAUTO 01-13-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313692)
No, according to this thread, we traded for Baldwin for Kaepernick.

Actually this makes no sense.

Kaepernick want taken in our spot.
Posted via Mobile Device

DonTellMeShowMe 01-13-2013 01:41 PM

How bout that Kaeper-keeper?!

Alright I need to go walk that one off

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9313697)
Actually this makes no sense.

Kaepernick want taken in our spot.
Posted via Mobile Device

True, but does it matter all that much to the end result?

This is a case where it's technically true, but the Broncos didn't trade the pick with the intention of giving up the player. That's why I think it was a poor thread. Like my earlier example showed, did the panthers trade darelle revis, or did they trade the pick with the intention of getting more picks?

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:50 PM

By that logic, you're effectively trading away any single player you don't choose while acquiring the one you do with your given pick.

Eh, **** it. Agree to disagree

MahiMike 01-13-2013 01:52 PM

Interesting. I just posted in another thread laughing about how Denver overspent for a 2 year old man when they could have had Russell Wilson too. So glad Pioli pissed off Peyton...

Rain Man 01-13-2013 01:58 PM

When you see him on interviews, Kaepernick reminds of me one of those little kids with that aging disease. He always wears a hat that's too big, and then he has kind of a big nose and close-set eyes. I think he's really five years old and everyone just assumes that he's NFL-eligible.

Frankie 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9313257)
He'd probably never see the field with the staff we had in place.

Or get "fixed" by better coaching. He's not a bust until he busts under this coaching staff.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Using a pick that high (no. 36) for a quarterback is risky and reckless, especially when you trade for that pick. It's much safer to use high picks for offensive line depth.

Regards,

Scott DickHeadedPrickBalls

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313728)
True, but does it matter all that much to the end result?

This is a case where it's technically true, but the Broncos didn't trade the pick with the intention of giving up the player. That's why I think it was a poor thread. Like my earlier example showed, did the panthers trade darelle revis, or did they trade the pick with the intention of getting more picks?

You're te only person making this idiotic point. Again, your argument makes more sense if they did it this year with Peyton already signed. But they can and should be 2nd guessed for SF swiping Kaep with their pick when they had crap on their roster.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9314871)
You're te only person making this idiotic point. Again, your argument makes more sense if they did it this year with Peyton already signed. But they can and should be 2nd guessed for SF swiping Kaep with their pick when they had crap on their roster.

You completely missed my point, which has nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 05:18 PM

"End result" has nothing to do with PM. The "end result" is passing on Kaep for Baldwin (in our case), and trading the pick where Kaep was taken(in denver's case). Thus, not having Kaepernick is the end result.

Do I really have to spoon feed you the point in order for you to understand it?

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 05:20 PM

Nice

SAUTO 01-13-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9315219)
"End result" has nothing to do with PM. The "end result" is passing on Kaep for Baldwin (in our case), and trading the pick where Kaep was taken(in denver's case). Thus, not having Kaepernick is the end result.

Do I really have to spoon feed you the point in order for you to understand it?

I understand your point.

They didn't trade to our pick to get kaepernick
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 05:25 PM

Can one of you ****ers post this at the Mane?

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9315235)
I understand your point.

They didn't trade to our pick to get kaepernick
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought you would. It was directed at the other guy. What a pointless argument I've found myself in...

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9312492)
Sorta:

On April 29, 2011, The San Francisco 49ers traded up with the Denver Broncos from the thirteenth pick in the second round (#45 overall) to select Colin Kaepernick as the fourth pick in the second round (#36 overall) at the 2011 NFL Draft. The Denver Broncos received picks 45, 108 and 141 overall in exchange for the 36th overall pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick
ROFL

I did not know that.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9315242)
Can one of you ****ers post this at the Mane?

Cephalic will just follow you over there and talk about how "dumb" this all is....

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9315809)
Cephalic will just follow you over there and talk about how "dumb" this all is....

I WILL FIGHT YOU MAN

CrazyPhuD 01-13-2013 08:41 PM

Meh....I just can't see him surviving next year as a starter. I'd be surprised if he was still a starter in 2015. Call it the injury risk and lack of proof that he can be good at the job that matters...throwing the ball. TeBow was worlds more accomplished in college and he might not even be on a team next year.

milkman 01-13-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9316012)
Meh....I just can't see him surviving next year as a starter. I'd be surprised if he was still a starter in 2015. Call it the injury risk and lack of proof that he can be good at the job that matters...throwing the ball. TeBow was worlds more accomplished in college and he might not even be on a team next year.

Accomplished as a player, not as a passer.

Kaepernick is not mechanically flawed, and he has a good coach to teach him the nuances of the QB position.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9316012)

I might be able to see the injury risk thing, but look at his regular season stats. He can throw the ball effectively, and he will continue to grow in that area with Harbaugh as his coach.

And the tebow thing... really?
Kaepernick flops his nuts on tebow's face. Not even close to an accurate comparison.

CrazyPhuD 01-13-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9316031)
I might be able to see the injury risk thing, but look at his regular season stats. He can throw the ball effectively, and he will continue to grow in that area with Harbaugh as his coach.

And the tebow thing... really?
Kaepernick flops his nuts on tebow's face. Not even close to an accurate comparison.

Look at his game logs this year. He played more like a real QB when facing crappy teams. His standout win is @NE, but even in that win other than his 4TDs his stats as a QB just don't stand out, 56% completetions and 220ish yards. Were the TDs the exception or the rule?

His best statistical game in the NFL against a quality opponent was against CHI, but even then it doesn't really stand out. Quality but not exceptional.

For the college comparison consider him V Tebow. No doubt he's an exceptional runner that plays QB. But one of the gold standards to ultimately successful QBs is how many seasons they complete > 60% passing. All 4 is usually a solid indicator for success in the NFL. Kaepernick only finished his final season at > 60% passing and he played against distinctly lessor competition(but also with lessor talent on his team too). His only season where he looks like a legit QB is his last one and that used to be a red flag for future NFL productivity. Tebow had 4 seasons of solid production, 60+% passing etc against the best in the country, and look where he is in the NFL today?

Hey who knows intangibles can be everything and never underestimate the ability to lead your team. Maybe he can pass or at least learn to, we'll see, but if he keeps running alot he's eventually going to leave this game on a stretcher. Vick avoided that rule for a long time(he's the fastest QB the NFL has seen), but as he gold older and slower it caught up to him too.

GloryDayz 01-13-2013 09:31 PM

I will sleep a little better knowing the Donks ****ed themselves... Always a good feeling......

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9316087)
Look at his game logs this year. He played more like a real QB when facing crappy teams. His standout win is @NE, but even in that win other than his 4TDs his stats as a QB just don't stand out, 56% completetions and 220ish yards. Were the TDs the exception or the rule?
Yeah, not great, but did you watch that game? He won that game for them. But more importantly, how was he supposed to perform in his 6th NFL start against the best team of the past decade?

His best statistical game in the NFL against a quality opponent was against CHI, but even then it doesn't really stand out. Quality but not exceptional.
He completed 70% of his passes against a stellar defense in his 2nd career start. That IS exceptional.

For the college comparison consider him V Tebow. No doubt he's an exceptional runner that plays QB. But one of the gold standards to ultimately successful QBs is how many seasons they complete > 60% passing. All 4 is usually a solid indicator for success in the NFL. Kaepernick only finished his final season at > 60% passing and he played against distinctly lessor competition(but also with lessor talent on his team too). His only season where he looks like a legit QB is his last one and that used to be a red flag for future NFL productivity. Tebow had 4 seasons of solid production, 60+% passing etc against the best in the country, and look where he is in the NFL today?
The only problem I have with this is in college he did not have Harbaugh. Look at what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith. Harbaugh drafted Kaep because he saw raw talent that he could develop, and it has worked out so far.
Side note, you wanted me to look at game logs, but then you reverted to total completion percentage to make your main point.

Hey who knows intangibles can be everything and never underestimate the ability to lead your team. Maybe he can pass or at least learn to, we'll see, but if he keeps running alot he's eventually going to leave this game on a stretcher. Vick avoided that rule for a long time(he's the fastest QB the NFL has seen), but as he gold older and slower it caught up to him too.
Fact is, he completed over 60% of his passes with 10 tds and 3 ints in his first half season as a professional QB. Additionally, he just lead his offense to 45 points in his first career playoff game. And he has Harbaugh, arguably the best QB mind in the game. His future is bright.

Responses in bold because it's easier. Btw, thanks for the discussion without the you're a ****ing idiot stuff. Though we don't agree, we can be cordial.

Groves 01-13-2013 10:05 PM

We might still have Pioli if we took him instead of Baldwin.

Dodged a bullet, I'd say.