ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

gblowfish 03-20-2013 12:50 PM

In nine years of managing, Ned Yost's career pct is .465. His average finish is 4th place.

Yip-ee!

KevB 03-20-2013 12:56 PM

On Bubba, he's also old for his level (almost 21). Many assumed, given he was a high school kid, that he had years to develop. He does, but he was old for a high schooler. It's a concern if he still can't hit with any consistency. And Rany's take was more an accumulation of opinions he'd gathered from scouts. Something to the effect that he hadn't heard one scout that was bullish on his ability to hit someday at the major league level.

I think we've all assumed that his floor was Drew Stubbs. And that puts him in the majors at some point, but not an impact player.

Demonpenz 03-20-2013 01:25 PM

I will say Rany is pessimisstic and has to really try to mindfully provide articles that are positive.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9516122)
In nine years of managing, Ned Yost's career pct is .465. His average finish is 4th place.

Yip-ee!

Joe Torre was .470 for the 15 years before he started managing the Yankees. He's at .539 now. Let's also be honest, managing the Royals isn't ever going to help your win % and it doesn't matter whether the manager is Ned Yost or Joe Torre or Casey Stengel or Earl Weaver.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9516205)
I will say Rany is pessimisstic and has to really try to mindfully provide articles that are positive.

Rany is an analyst who follows the Royals, so of course there's more negative things to say than positive; the organization has been a ball of shit.

Completely different subject: why aren't we moving a rather large package of prospects for Stanton? I'd gladly give up Starling, Zimmer, Ventura + some lesser prospects to acquire this player.

Wouldn't even think twice about this price.

duncan_idaho 03-20-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9516238)
Rany is an analyst who follows the Royals, so of course there's more negative things to say than positive; the organization has been a ball of shit.

Completely different subject: why aren't we moving a rather large package of prospects for Stanton? I'd gladly give up Starling, Zimmer, Ventura + some lesser prospects to acquire this player.

Wouldn't even think twice about this price.

I'm not sure that would be enough (and Zimmer can't be traded until June, anyway).

Also not sure Miami can afford to actually shop Stanton at this point. The fire sale has them on extremely thing ice in Miami as it is.

Old Dog 03-20-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 9515548)
To be honest, he's a guy who is probably just a little shy of a ticket to Cooperstown...

The only way Kendall is getting anywhere near Cooperstown is with a bus ticket.

gblowfish 03-20-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9516233)
Joe Torre was .470 for the 15 years before he started managing the Yankees. He's at .539 now. Let's also be honest, managing the Royals isn't ever going to help your win % and it doesn't matter whether the manager is Ned Yost or Joe Torre or Casey Stengel or Earl Weaver.

A dead Earl Weaver is a better manager than a breathing Ned Yost.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9516315)

Possibly.

My point is that Ned Yost has a .439 win pct with the Royals. Trey Hillman .423, Buddy Bell .399, Tony Pena .410, Tony Muser .424. I don't think it has much to do with who the manager is. Now that I actually took the time to look up the numbers, Ned Yost is the best we have had since Bob Boone at .468!

BlackHelicopters 03-20-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

ROFL

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9516299)
I'm not sure that would be enough (and Zimmer can't be traded until June, anyway).

Also not sure Miami can afford to actually shop Stanton at this point. The fire sale has them on extremely thing ice in Miami as it is.

True. The year rule is stupid, but I was more trying to throw out names of our top prospects in terms of shaping a package that might start to look like "the motherload."

What do you believe it would take to acquire Stanton?

BlackHelicopters 03-20-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9516430)
True. The year rule is stupid, but I was more trying to throw out names of our top prospects in terms of shaping a package that might start to look like "the motherload."

25 mil a year as a FA?

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-20-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Chino: "Earl, maybe we should give frenchy the do not steal sign this time"

Chino: "shit there he goes again."

Ok, so they'd basically be the same.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9516433)
25 mil a year as a FA?

Not eligible for FA until 2017, I believe. This is exactly why I'd pretty much sell the farm, literally, to get him.

duncan_idaho 03-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9516430)

Starling, Zimmer and Ventura, to start. Probably also Jorge Bonifacio and Christian Colon.

I'd expect a reliever to be in the mix as well, and maybe Jason Adam.