ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Gerald McCoy says Bucs coaches got upset he helped opponents up off ground (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278169)

-King- 11-01-2013 12:23 AM

Gerald McCoy says Bucs coaches got upset he helped opponents up off ground

Gerald McCoy says Bucs coaches got upset he helped opponents up off ground
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 1, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
Gerald McCoy AP

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers continue to strive to show how tough they are and how hard they play in all the wrong ways.

In addition to the continued insistence to play defense aggressively when within one score while a team in the victory formation, the Buccaneers coaching staff also apparently doesn’t like acts of sportsmanship toward opposing teams.

Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said during a radio appearance Wednesday on the team’s flagship station, 620 WDAE-AM, that the team’s defensive line coaches (Randy Melvin and Bryan Cox) expressed anger toward McCoy for helping opposing players off the ground in games.

Despite their anger, McCoy isn’t listening on this subject.

“I had my D-line coaches get on to me the other day,” McCoy said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “Well, not get on to me, try to get on to me. There’s no way they’re going to get on to me for this. They got upset with me because I helped somebody up [in the game.] So what! I don’t care. Kiss my butt. Listen, if I want to help somebody, I’m going help somebody up. Because right on the next play I’m going to knock him down again. It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter.”

“That doesn’t change how hard I play. As long as in between the whistles I’m not helping anybody up, it doesn’t matter. So what if I help them off the ground? ‘Good job; we’re out here competing. But as soon as they snap the ball, I’m going to kill you again.’

“There’s nothing wrong with that. Everybody’s not like that. If you don’t want to be like that, keep it to yourself. I don’t care. I don’t go tell them, ‘Hey, you’re not doing this. You’re not doing that.’ I don’t care. Everybody does what they do. If I help somebody up, get over it. Get over it.”

McCoy believes the vitriol being shown toward head coach Greg Schiano for the team’s 0-7 start to the season is a bit overboard. However, the backlash from the coaches about helping opponents up could be another instance of the coaching staff not seeing the forest through the trees.

Ace Gunner 11-01-2013 12:25 AM

I get upset when I see that. I did make friends with players of other teams, but I never ever helped any player up off the ground except my teammates.

Dante84 11-01-2013 12:28 AM

Whatever. That's lame.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2013 12:30 AM

I think I hate Schiano more than Pioli, and I know 90 percent less about him.

007 11-01-2013 12:37 AM

what a stupid thing for the coaches to be upset about

AussieChiefsFan 11-01-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10146100)
what a stupid thing for the coaches to be upset about

Oh come on, it's not like they're winless or anything.

RippedmyFlesh 11-01-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10146097)
I think I hate Schiano more than Pioli, and I know 90 percent less about him.

They are the 2012 Chiefs. Horrific coaching yet talent on the roster.
Tampa needs their version of Andy Reid and they will bounce back next year.

007 11-01-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10146101)
Oh come on, it's not like they're winless or anything.

Thats my point. The have more important things to worry about.

AussieChiefsFan 11-01-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10146104)
Thats my point. The have more important things to worry about.

I know, I trying to be funny. LMAO

007 11-01-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10146105)
I know, I trying to be funny. LMAO

Try harder. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud 11-01-2013 12:46 AM

In this regard, he's right.

Coaches across the league preach the same thing.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2013 02:40 AM

They preach bad sportsmanship?

BigMeatballDave 11-01-2013 03:42 AM

What a shit coaching staff.

LoneWolf 11-01-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10146092)
I get upset when I see that. I did make friends with players of other teams, but I never ever helped any player up off the ground except my teammates.

Nobody gives a shit that you were an asshole in high school.

007 11-01-2013 05:11 AM

You know, the only time that has ever bothered me is when a Chief helps up a Raider. But that was years ago. Now I don't mind it at all. Matter of fact, I like this guys outlook on it. Here, let me help you up so I can knock your ass down again.