ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" Coming To Film & Television (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233177)

Ebolapox 09-10-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6992011)

I about blasted the **** outta you before I read that he was joking. no joke (or homo).

KcMizzou 09-10-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6992077)
I about blasted the **** outta you before I read that he was joking. no joke (or homo).

LMAO

vailpass 09-10-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6992027)
I could live with Bassett. That's who I pictured most of the time I was reading the series. I didn't latch onto Zoe until after I saw Star Trek and Avatar.

And King better ****ing
Spoiler!

Or better yet they could cut that entire ridiculous ****ing sequence out altogether.

Red Brooklyn 09-10-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6992119)
Or better yet they could cut that entire ridiculous ****ing sequence out altogether.

:huh: .... that's one of my favorite aspects of the story....

Reaper16 09-10-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 6991962)
Some names being bandied about by comments to the article to play the part of Roland:

Viggo Mortenson
Ray Stevenson
Thomas Jane
Timothy Olyphant

JOSH HOLLOWAY

Red Brooklyn 09-10-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6992138)
JOSH HOLLOWAY

FTW!

That's who my wife and I have been championing for a while now.

Frazod 09-10-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6991979)
Viggo Mortensen would be awesome.

He would be a good choice, but I really like Olyphant. He's definitely got that steely-eyed gunfighter look about him.

keg in kc 09-10-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6992259)
He would be a good choice, but I really like Olyphant. He's definitely got that steely-eyed gunfighter look about him.

He does, but he also has this anger boiling just under the surface presence to him that I'm not sure would work for Roland. It's been a few years since I read the series, so my recollection may be off, but I always envisioned Roland as being more of an Obi Wan badass yet still calm mentor type. Kind of like Gandalf with a gun.

But I am a big fan of Olyphant.

Frazod 09-10-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6992277)
He does, but he also has this anger boiling just under the surface presence to him that I'm not sure would work for Roland. It's been a few years since I read the series, so my recollection may be off, but I always envisioned Roland as being more of an Obi Wan badass yet still calm mentor type. Kind of like Gandalf with a gun.

But I am a big fan of Olyphant.

Before I even knew his name, I remembered Olyphant in a very dark HBO war movie called When Trumpets Fade. He only had a small part (an officer who wigs out in combat), but he was so intense in that roll that I remembered him in stuff I saw later.

Red Brooklyn 09-11-2010 08:43 AM

You know what I like about Olyphant? He actually kind of looks like Stephen King. I mean, in a sort of fantasy idealized sort of way. Which is great since King describes Roland as such. He might be perfect, actually. I never would have considered him... but yeah... could work.

vailpass 09-11-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6992124)
:huh: .... that's one of my favorite aspects of the story....

Apologies Red, I'm not very good at keeping my opinions to myself.

Red Brooklyn 09-11-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6993100)
Apologies Red, I'm not very good at keeping my opinions to myself.

:D

No worries, man. You are completely entitled to your opinions. No matter how wrong they are. :evil:

Seriously though. If they are going to include that aspect of the story... don't you think King should do it?

vailpass 09-11-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6993205)
:D

No worries, man. You are completely entitled to your opinions. No matter how wrong they are. :evil:

Seriously though. If they are going to include that aspect of the story... don't you think King should do it?

Given that King appears in every single movie of his and also given that in this one there is actually a King character it would seem to make a lot of sense to have King play himself.
So they will probably cast someone else.

morphius 09-11-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6991568)
Which short story, Little Sisters of Eluria?

Yup, that is the one.

Red Brooklyn 09-11-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6994037)
Given that King appears in every single movie of his and also given that in this one there is actually a King character it would seem to make a lot of sense to have King play himself.
So they will probably cast someone else.

LMAO