ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Percy Harvin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269891)

Hootie 02-10-2013 04:39 PM

McCluster and Baldwin have zero trade value.

My Patriots point was...

they threw picks at teams for A PROVEN HALL OF FAMER and an up and coming versatile player that they felt fit their system and look what happened...

Percy has top 10 talent...perhaps a 2 cent brain I'm not sure.

If the Vikings called up and said "34 for Percy" the Chiefs would probably be fools to not agree. He's 24.

Hootie 02-10-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9391976)
Bowe, Harvin, Maclin, Charles, and Geno.

Damn

PIPE dream. Put down the controller.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9391975)
Percy Harvin isn't 'a KR type guy'.

He's one of the top 10 receivers and playmakers in the league. He has great hands, runs good routes and is as explosive as they come. He was on his way to an MVP season last year, if you hadn't noticed.

You're acting like Harvin is Devon Wylie or eve Devin Hester. He's not. Percy Harvin is an absolutely outstanding player and we need to acquire guys like that, not 'draft or find' them. It doesn't matter how we get them, especially when they're 24 years old. You're not going to get a guy that's better than Harvin with your 2nd rounder this year. You might get a guy as good as him, but even that is extremely unlikely.

My only hesitation here is that the Chiefs 2nd rounder this year could easily become a 1st rounder in 2014 with a 3rd this season thrown in.
It's an incredibly valuable pick and I'd hate to surrender it.

There's an argument against this trade, but yours just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Would love to make that trade with a team looking to snag a QB at the top of the second, particularly since that team will almost assuredly be a sack of shit.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9391978)
Don't forget McCluster.

And Baldwin.

Shaid 02-10-2013 04:40 PM

We have a high 2nd, I'd take him for a 3rd.

Dunerdr 02-10-2013 04:40 PM

Assuming hes part of the right 53 l would pull the trigger. What team in our division has a secondary to handle this? Odds of finding this talent in the draft? Odds of finding him At the pick wed give up? If having Adrian and percy is like having two Michael jordans whats bowe harvin And charles?

tecumseh 02-10-2013 04:41 PM

I'd take Harvin and swap 2nd's. If that's rejected, then, Chiefs 2nd for Harvin, Vikes 3rd and 6th.

Hootie 02-10-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9391989)
I'd take Harvin and swap 2nd's. If that's rejected, then, Chiefs 2nd for Harvin, Vikes 3rd and 6th.

ROFL

Lets just give them a 7th straight up for Harvin. That seems fair.

Hootie 02-10-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9391987)
Assuming hes part of the right 53 l would pull the trigger. What team in our division has a secondary to handle this? Odds of finding this talent in the draft? Odds of finding him At the pick wed give up? If having Adrian and percy is like having two Michael jordans whats bowe harvin And charles?

Three and a half Kobe's?

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9391845)
He's talented as ****, but I simply have reservations about moving what's damn near a first-round pick for a player with an injury/health history.

This. No thx !:shake:

KCrockaholic 02-10-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9391886)
I'd give them Baldwin and a 3rd if that's what it took. I'd give up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year if we could keep that 2nd.

I don't think Baldwin will ever be able to get separation.

I think some team will absolutely give up a 2nd for him. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league.

Id have no problem giving them Baldwin and our 3rd. Baldwin is considered a bust in my eyes.

Bowser 02-10-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9391978)
Don't forget McCluster.

In my scenario, he's in Minnesota as part of the trade for Harvin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9391980)
McCluster and Baldwin have zero trade value.

My Patriots point was...

they threw picks at teams for A PROVEN HALL OF FAMER and an up and coming versatile player that they felt fit their system and look what happened...

Percy has top 10 talent...perhaps a 2 cent brain I'm not sure.

If the Vikings called up and said "34 for Percy" the Chiefs would probably be fools to not agree. He's 24.

Baldwin and/or McCluster by themselves would be a net worth of dick on their own, that's why I'd make them part of the package deal.

As far as throwing picks out for Randy Moss, the Raiders were ****ing reeruns to let Moss go for a fourth rounder. Crazy Al had already lost his marbles by then, apparently. Trading for Welker was shrewd on their part, especially considering what they had given up and what Welker had been in his career to that point.

And yeah, it would be hard to turn down the trade offer. I don't know much about corner depth in the draft this year. All I know that corner is our next biggest need behind QB this offseason thus far. Is there anybody that can make an impact at that position in round 3 or later?

Honestly, Harvin would probably be the better get between him and a starting corner, I'd say.

DJ's left nut 02-10-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9391982)
Would love to make that trade with a team looking to snag a QB at the top of the second, particularly since that team will almost assuredly be a sack of shit.

Right.

We could really turn that 2nd into a hell of an asset if we use it correctly. And with the new CBA making veterans more expensive (by reallocating draft dollars), there's a very good argument to be made that the team is better served by flipping that 2nd into a 1st next season and saving the money it would've taken to extend Harvin to use on someone like, say, Justin Houston.

But on a from a pure talent standpoint, we're not going to do any better than Percy Harvin with that pick.

tecumseh 02-10-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9391991)
ROFL

Lets just give them a 7th straight up for Harvin. That seems fair.

Patience. Let's see how it plays out , princess.

KevB 02-10-2013 05:08 PM

It's hard to say yes or no in a vacuum. If money isn't an issue, I trade that in a heartbeat for a 24 year old uber-playmaker. Every day and twice on Sunday. The chances that we draft a game-changer like that at 34 has to be at 5% or so. Put Geno out there with those two receivers, Charles in the backfield and a pretty solid OLine and you have the makings of a great offense for several years.

However, you sign him to an extension and bring back Bowe? As has been said, that's a lot invested in your WR's. Then do you also have the money to bring back Albert? What about upgrading the secondary and replenishing the DLine? Tough call. I'd try to give the 3rd and another pick or another 3rd from the following year.