ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

Mr. Plow 06-22-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 6836511)
Thx. It's a tough job, that's for sure. Oh and I can deter Gonzo from sticking forks in light sockets... I just wish he would stop pissing on the tv. :D

You just need to get some of that stuff that keeps cats from peeing in certain spots. It worked for my wife - now I only go in the corners.

El Jefe 06-22-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 6836587)
That's bullshit he has no business stealing from you the days off that you've earned. Sadly that's the attitude of a lot of employers here in America. On average Americans get less vacation days than the rest of the industrialized world.

I agree with that completely.

Param 06-22-2010 03:19 PM

Already went on a big trip in April. Now I'm thinking somewhere in South America in the fall.

Frazod 06-22-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6836738)
Already went on a big trip in April. Now I'm thinking somewhere in South America in the fall.

Rio's awesome that time of year. Especially if you're single.

PunkinDrublic 06-22-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6836738)

Try Central America. Costa Rica is awesome.

Param 06-22-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6836757)
Rio's awesome that time of year. Especially if you're single.

Will be going with a gf.... hmm save rio?:D Se wants to head to Buenos Aires. Anyone been?

Param 06-22-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 6836803)
Try Central America. Costa Rica is awesome.

I hear nothing but good things about this place? Why? Is it the outdoor activites, beaches, and is it cheap? Talked to someone the other day said San Jose? (I think where u fly into) is boring and skip it. It's the capital, and is it rly that bad? I figure there would be things to do

KCHawg 06-22-2010 07:58 PM

Went to Newport News, Va in January, Las Vegas in Feb-Mar (got to see the NASCAR race for free!), Hawaii for 2 weeks in May, Currently in Okinawa......More island hopping on the way home this fall. It's all for work, but the wife says it's vacation since the kids aren't with me. She should have to put up with some of the 'children' on these trips!

philfree 06-22-2010 10:40 PM

I...well, We just rolled in from a 13-14 hour drive from PCB.

I think it was the best weather I've ever experienced there. It rained for most of the last day but not all and up till then it was low 90's every day that week.

Pure sunshine with no oil.

The prettiest I think I've ever seen the beach down toward Thomas Drive. The water was so clear....clearest I've ever seen it and flat.

The flattest I've ever seen it. Awsome!

Just Awsome!

I'm not a beach dude but it was a really good trip. I fear that the oil is going to hit soon but we beat it for our trip. They had found some tar balls on the west end of the beach the day before we left but the beach was still open.

I feel really fortunate to have spent time on the beach this past week because it may never be that nice again.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch 06-22-2010 11:46 PM

Not for me this year. I'll be using most my comp time to take off for Chiefs games.

Having a $3it ton of 4 day work weeks will be nice though...:)

Lonewolf Ed 06-23-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6837189)
I hear nothing but good things about this place? Why? Is it the outdoor activites, beaches, and is it cheap? Talked to someone the other day said San Jose? (I think where u fly into) is boring and skip it. It's the capital, and is it rly that bad? I figure there would be things to do

San Jose is one place you can fly into, the most common. It's the capital and not only that, half the population of the country lives there. The most interesting places are where the beaches are, the rain forests and cloud forests, and volcanoes. At Arenal Park, you can bathe in a stream at the foot of the volcano in water that is like a nice hot tub. At night, you can see streams of lava flowing down, bright orange. It's cool. The food is not what you'd expect from a Latin American country... sort of bland. The beer sucks, tastes like Miller Lite with a burnt nut aftertaste. The fruit, though, is fantastic.

Beware if you drive, too. The roads are in need of some major reworking. The major highway has no acceleration ramps, you just turn right onto it and go, if you can.

Rausch 06-23-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 6837584)
At Arenal Park, you can bathe in a stream at the foot of the volcano in water that is like a nice hot tub. At night, you can see streams of lava flowing down, bright orange. It's cool.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/conte...-entourage.jpg

Lzen 06-23-2010 07:36 AM

Wife and I are in Colorado now with our 3 kids and her parents and sister's kids doing the camping thing.

We went to the Garden of the Gods the other day. Pretty cool rock formations. And the trails are cool, too. Might go back with the bikes tomorrow.

Checked out the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo yesterday. That is the most unique zoo I have ever seen. And the view atop the Will Rogers shrine is amazing.

Plan to drive to Denver today to check out Six Flags.

arrowheadnation 06-23-2010 07:42 AM

Vegas in 3 weeks and Royals vs. Yankees in August.

Mr. Plow 06-23-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6837741)
Wife and I are in Colorado now with our 3 kids and her parents and sister's kids doing the camping thing.

We went to the Garden of the Gods the other day. Pretty cool rock formations. And the trails are cool, too. Might go back with the bikes tomorrow.

Checked out the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo yesterday. That is the most unique zoo I have ever seen. And the view atop the Will Rogers shrine is amazing.

Plan to drive to Denver today to check out Six Flags.

Stay away from the shots. :)