ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

pikesome 06-26-2007 09:57 AM

I'm taking the fam-damn-ly down to Louisiana for a week over the 4th holiday. My Gparents live on a boat in West Monroe, the kids will get a kick out of staying there. My Gparents are also fairly well retired so they do as little as they can which sounds fine by me. :)

Phobia 06-26-2007 09:57 AM

Probably going out to Denver in July.

Reerun_KC 06-26-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
Unfortunately, I've spent all my vacation time interviewing for jobs. However, I do plan to take some time to make it back to Western Kansas to drive a combine. WOW. I need a real vacation. You guys are my heros.

I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

luv 06-26-2007 10:04 AM

I took a mini-vacation to KC in April.

I went to Panama City Beach for a day while in Florida for work.

Don't know if those count as vacations, but that's as close as I've gotten.

Reerun_KC 06-26-2007 10:05 AM

Well we went camping and kayaking alot in the spring... Noel Mo, Ozark Ar, Antles Ok and so on...

We are big into kayaking... Taking a vacation for Rocklahoma....

Other than that. My wife is a nurse and works 3 weekends a month... So really nothing until the fall, then we are going to do some camping and having football sundays out in the campsites... Thank you Direct TV!

Wile_E_Coyote 06-26-2007 10:10 AM

Redrum should take interesting vacations & the postcards...

Fire Me Boy! 06-26-2007 10:13 AM

My main vacation will be around Christmas. I'll take a long weekend at the end of July. Going to see my best friend in a major role in the St. Louis Shakespeare Company's performance of Othello.

Buehler445 06-26-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

Some people love it. I do it to help my dad out and because I can take paid vacation and work to earn more money. If you are really interested, I could try to set something up for next summer.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I would gladly sell you mine, just pick up the maintenence fees. I think TSs are the biggest scam out there, I could rant about it for hours.

I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

HemiEd 06-26-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.

Ahh i see....

yeah he takes alot of vaca's wherever so i guess he wanted to discuss one with her that we could go on. I always saw those commercials and never understood it but that helps. Whatever works i just want to go on a vacation hehe, but i personally wouldnt get one based off what you said.

Bugeater 06-26-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugpeterbeater
While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.

Yeah he does something like that, i think it may be something within his company not sure, but it sounds good to me if it's his and we rae using it.

TrebMaxx 06-26-2007 10:37 AM

This Friday I will be on a plane heading to the Virgian Islands. Staying a week in St. Johns. Then back on a plane to take me back to the grind.

Buster's Dad 06-26-2007 10:37 AM

We spent from the 8 th of May thru the 22nd in Ireland, my daughter lives in Dublin, did a couple of long bus tours while we were there :clap: :clap: