ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

The Iron Chief 04-02-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10533698)
And two separate characters were ordered to Triskelion during the episode - one of which had to go to Lemurian Studies, or something like that.

Also, a dropped line mentioned Canada's Department H, for those who realize that significance.

Department H was a branch of the Canadian government that sanctioned, supported, and monitored superhuman activity in Canada. It also oversaw the country's officially endorsed superhuman team, Alpha Flight.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//u...Flight_new.jpg

Many members came and went but these were the mainstays

Rausch 04-02-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10533695)
Interesting. It could give them an opportunity to "reboot" the show.

In the comix the Age of Ultron storyline had a lot of time travel/rebooting.

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of it and thought it a very poor rip off of the Days of Future Past idea...

Jamie 04-02-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 10535363)
Department H was a branch of the Canadian government that sanctioned, supported, and monitored superhuman activity in Canada. It also oversaw the country's officially endorsed superhuman team, Alpha Flight.

I never really thought about it because Alpha Flight spun out of X-Men, but Marvel probably has the rights to Alpha Flight. Though they probably have to share Northstar, Aurora, and Puck because it seems like Fox can use any mutant they want.

keg in kc 04-02-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10533695)
Interesting. It could give them an opportunity to "reboot" the show.

I don't think they're rebooting anything. I think it's all been tied into the events of Winter Soldier all along, and we're just starting to see where all the plot strings that everybody was complaining about during the 'slow' first half of the season lead. Supposedly a ton of stuff happens during these final 6 episodes (no more breaks, all new eps until the season finale).

Hasn't been renewed yet, but I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going. Especially with all the actors involved toward the end (Paxton, Patton Oswalt, etc).

Deberg_1990 04-02-2014 07:35 PM

Nice, my UVerse haas the last 4 episodes available on demand, starting with TAHITI. Think I'm gonna have t catch up to get prepared for Cap 2 this weekend.

Buehler445 04-02-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10535748)
I don't think they're rebooting anything. I think it's all been tied into the events of Winter Soldier all along, and we're just starting to see where all the plot strings that everybody was complaining about during the 'slow' first half of the season lead. Supposedly a ton of stuff happens during these final 6 episodes (no more breaks, all new eps until the season finale).

Hasn't been renewed yet, but I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going. Especially with all the actors involved toward the end (Paxton, Patton Oswalt, etc).

Agree. So far it has been decent. It is shaping up to be epic.

Rausch 04-02-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10535748)

It will get a season 2 no matter the ratings.

They (Disney) own Marvel.

They want the analog audience dialed in...

Aries Walker 04-02-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10535569)
I never really thought about it because Alpha Flight spun out of X-Men, but Marvel probably has the rights to Alpha Flight. Though they probably have to share Northstar, Aurora, and Puck because it seems like Fox can use any mutant they want.

None of those three are mutants, for starters - in fact, none of the major characters are. Also, AF is led by someone in a powered suit, which could easily fit in with Iron Man, and they have a Dr. Strange-like Shaman, and a goddess very much like the Canadian version of Asgardians. They could easily put it in the Marvel movie universe - easier, most likely, than they could in X-Men.

AustinChief 04-03-2014 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10536042)
None of those three are mutants, for starters - in fact, none of the major characters are. Also, AF is led by someone in a powered suit, which could easily fit in with Iron Man, and they have a Dr. Strange-like Shaman, and a goddess very much like the Canadian version of Asgardians. They could easily put it in the Marvel movie universe - easier, most likely, than they could in X-Men.

Northstar and Aurora are mutants.

Jamie 04-03-2014 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10536042)

I always forget that Puck isn't a mutant, but Northstar and Aurora definitely are. Northstar has been an X-Man off and on for the past 10 years.

Aries Walker 04-03-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10536218)
Northstar and Aurora are mutants.

There is a storyline in which they are revealed to be, in fact, half-elves. I had forgotten that that turned out to be a lie perpetrated by - surprise surprise - Loki. So ya got me there - but, in my defense, they could easily envision them in the movie universe as elves, which would fit in nicely with a) Thor, and b) the current popular fascination with fairy tales.

AustinChief 04-03-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10536222)
There is a storyline in which they are revealed to be, in fact, half-elves. I had forgotten that that turned out to be a lie perpetrated by - surprise surprise - Loki. So ya got me there - but, in my defense, they could easily envision them in the movie universe as elves, which would fit in nicely with a) Thor, and b) the current popular fascination with fairy tales.

Did not know that! Was probably way past my comic book years.

keg in kc 04-03-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10535979)
It will get a season 2 no matter the ratings.

They (Disney) own Marvel.

They want the analog audience dialed in...

That would be why I said I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going...

Deberg_1990 04-07-2014 12:18 PM

Well, it does appear that the events from Cap 2 will be carried over to this show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RSq4Z0Knwrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 04-07-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10545696)
Well, it does appear that the events from Cap 2 will be carried over to this show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RSq4Z0Knwrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have they said that if there will be a Fury or Cap cameo during this period?