ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I'm calling it now: EJ Manuel will the #1 pick by the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270305)

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 01:08 AM

Geno is my number 1. But I have liked EJ alot as a guy in the 3rd. If Dorsey doesnt want Geno 1 and Geno goes to early to trade back up for, then if we took BPA in rd 1 2 and 3 and with comp 3 took EJ it wouldnt be the end of the world

Sorter 02-23-2013 01:11 AM

Just watched his game vs Clemson this year. Looked pretty solid.

Sorter 02-23-2013 01:27 AM

I'm just through 2 games and I've already seen 4 plays result in either sacks or blown up plays from a slot blitz. It seems to be a combo of poor pickups from the backs and poor recognition pre-snap (they weren't disguised).

Setsuna 02-23-2013 01:35 AM

If yall draft him, yall need to start up SoC. Or blow up this forum.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9427621)
If yall draft him, yall need to start up SoC. Or blow up this forum.

Ya cuz he couldnt be any worse than Gabbert

Setsuna 02-23-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9427624)
Ya cuz he couldnt be any worse than Gabbert

No he is worse. WTF is wrong with yall? Did yall see ANY games he's played? Are you reeruned?

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 03:06 AM

I am starting to really like the idea of the Jags taking EJ in the 2nd round.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9427634)
No he is worse. WTF is wrong with yall? Did yall see ANY games he's played? Are you reeruned?

No clearly you are reeruned. Did you see any of the Senior Bowl?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 07:14 AM

This is one of those joke threads right? Not a chance.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 07:22 AM

Way to call it before the combine buddy!

Really smart move!

DaKCMan AP 02-23-2013 07:48 AM

LMAO ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO LMAO LMAO

:banghead:

This thread is full of stupidity and aids.

This is the type of shit that almost makes those who cry "I'm lleaving forever" understandable.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 07:49 AM

Anyone but Alex Smith.

hometeam 02-23-2013 07:50 AM

nah.. now if you would have said first qb taken by the chiefs then you might be right.

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427547)
Yeah. Shows he's not a good deep ball guy .

There was a 1% difference between Manuel and Smith on deep passes. If you think EJ sucks on the deep stuff, then you have to come to the same conclusion with Smith (who has two potential first round receivers).

BlackHelicopters 02-23-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9427381)
I know this won't be popular, but I think this will be the guy that the Chiefs pick as their franchise QB. There are a couple of reasons for this: 1) I think mentally and in terms of leadership, this guy will knock it out of the park at the combine. This guy knows real adversity. This past year he played ball and kept his head in the game even though his mother was battling cancer. 2) He doesn't fold during big games. He is only the second college QB in history to win four straight bowl games. 3) He played in a pro-style offense while at FSU. 4) He has the measurables to be a truly franchise QB-- he can both pass and run (if needed) giving our O an added dimension we hadn't had in the past. 5) He isn't afraid of competition; he went to the senior bowl and wound up MVP. 6) The guy is tough as nails; he played with a broken leg during the 2011 Champs Sports Bowl Game in a Victory over Notre Dame.

Yeah, he has quite a few negatives, and a lot of you just flat out hate him--but given Dorsey's comments about how impressed he was with Russell Wilson's interview last year--I think Manuel will give a similar impression of his leadership and maturity to coaches this year.

Reid isn't afraid to take a QB that others rate lower than the consensus; McNabb was the 4th rated QB in his class when Andy drafted him.

While at this point I'd still rather have Geno, I'm prepping myself to like Manuel as I think he has a chnace to be the dark horse pick by the Chiefs. (And no, he won't be there in the second round; I think the senior bowl and the combine will really elevate his stock.)

Can you give me the powerball numbers?