ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Well, at least they gave us the perfect encapsulation of the team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131010)

Baby Lee 12-11-2005 06:45 PM

Well, at least they gave us the perfect encapsulation of the team

Perfection on a hurry up, last second, drive that no one else could dream of, then a schtoink on the FG.
That's this team in a nutshell, capable of amazing play, but LOSERS when it comes down to the final analysis.

Thig Lyfe 12-11-2005 06:47 PM

I am depressed.

JBucc 12-11-2005 06:47 PM

That's all they've ever been. They fooled us all with amazing stats and plays but at the end of the day they all go home to watch the Super bowl with the rest of us.

Baby Lee 12-11-2005 06:47 PM

Trent Green may NEVER ever, in his entire career, win an important game.

Redcoats58 12-11-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf
I am depressed.

Yep, this lose tore out my heart and deflated my hopes.

Deberg_1990 12-11-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee

Ive been saying for the past couple of years, Hes the modern day Dan Fouts.

htismaqe 12-11-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Pretty much the story of Derrick Thomas' career...

mnchief79 12-11-2005 06:56 PM

I agree, there are no hopes, just a bunch of good marketing folks in KC. We've never been a serious contender for the last 10 years and won't be anytime soon. I love'em , but they can't get the job done. I'm ready for a one and out franchise, win the SB and then go 0-16.

Baby Lee 12-11-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Pretty much the story of Derrick Thomas' career...

F@ck you htis. First off, the Pittsburgh and Houston wins were important games. There was also a first round win against the Raiders in 1991. There were numerous wins where a playoff berth was on the line, and they won those and got in, ALMOST EVERY YEAR, including in 1993.
What a gunt. Make up lies about the best player we ever had, a dead player, out of your twisted hatred of Marty.
I hope you're proud.
I guess by your logic, it's REALLY true of Joe Delaney's career.
Asshat.

KC Kings 12-11-2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchief79
I agree, there are no hopes, just a bunch of good marketing folks in KC. We've never been a serious contender for the last 10 years and won't be anytime soon. I love'em , but they can't get the job done. I'm ready for a one and out franchise, win the SB and then go 0-16.

May be true, but I would much rather lose a close game last this, or win a close game like our last two and not make the playoff's than to blow teams out by 35 points and lose in the first playoff game. A blowout game is good every once in a while, but I really enjoy these nail biters that could either way.

RJ 12-11-2005 07:04 PM

Basically I just feel sick. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to see a silver lining, right now it's just illness. Too much emotion in too short a time.

tk13 12-11-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Yet, none of it is really his fault....

htismaqe 12-11-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

F@ck you htis. First off, the Pittsburgh and Houston wins were important games. There was also a first round win against the Raiders in 1991. There were numerous wins where a playoff berth was on the line, and they won those and got in, ALMOST EVERY YEAR, including in 1993.
What a gunt. Make up lies about the best player we ever had, a dead player, out of your twisted hatred of Marty.
I hope you're proud.
I guess by your logic, it's REALLY true of Joe Delaney's career.
Asshat.

True colors, pussy. Trent Green is the reason we have no defense, right? Like I said, true colors.

Pussy.

Baby Lee 12-11-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
True colors, pussy. Trent Green is the reason we have no defense, right? Like I said, true colors.

Pussy.

Win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career. Get back to me when it happens, or. . . you could just keep making excuses for the guy who has never won ONE important game.

BTW - kudos to you on not facing up to your blatant, and ever so easily rebutted, lie about a dead Chiefs great.

htismaqe 12-11-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career. Get back to me when it happens, or. . . you could just keep making excuses for the guy who has never won ONE important game.

BTW - kudos to you on not facing up to your blatant, and ever so easily rebutted, lie about a dead Chiefs great.

ROFL

My statement about Derrick Thomas was intentionally ABSURD. You statement about Green was equally absurd, but we all know you meant it.

Your ass is showing.