ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs reboot version 20. Who is core? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265857)

cdcox 10-29-2012 12:27 AM

Chiefs reboot version 20. Who is core?

Who can we count on to lift the Lombardi in 2016 and beyond?

Offense
Albert
Allen?
Hudson??
Asamoah?
Baldwin?
Moeaki?

Defense
Houston
Flowers
Berry (assuming he'll rebound)
Poe?
DJ (grisly vet assuming best case)

Casualties
Bowe - superstar for another team
Hali - ineffective or retired
Charles - long gone
Jackson - clinging with some other team
Dorsey - clinging with some other team

Given that no more than half of the ? will pan out, we're basically looking at a major rebuild. Again.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 12:30 AM

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/a...letear-977.gif

Charles is only 25.

You don't think he can stick?

Hali is 28, he can still be an effective player at 31.

I'm praying Bowe will be resigned by a new GM but I doubt it.

Winston is a good RT.

cdcox 10-29-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9061407)

Charles is only 25.

Winston is a good RT.

RB's don't last. Charles is 25. 25+4 is 29. Steven Jackson is 29 and he has been old for a couple of years.

Hali fell off this year. He could come back. Will he be a dominant pass rusher then? I'd be more confident if he was making noise this year.

Bowe is gone, gone, gone.

Winston will be PR collateral damage.

mcaj22 10-29-2012 12:46 AM

Albert is gone too
Colquitt also gone

Baldwin will never be good.

only two guys i see sticking on a competitive team is Flowers and Houston. DJ and Hali will be too old by the time this team starts winning again.

ThaVirus 10-29-2012 12:52 AM

The players we have that I'm positive would start on another team are Charles, Bowe, Albert, Winston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Berry, and Flowers.

All of those guys are in the 23-29 year old range so that's something solid to work with.

We've seen it this year in young QBs with Wilson, Tannehill, Luck and RGIII and in coaching changes last season with Harbaugh in San Fran, it doesn't take long to right the ship. We looked pretty good the 3 games last year with that piece of shit Orton under center; once we get a regime change and rookie QB to rally behind we could be revitalized in no time.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-29-2012 01:28 AM

We are the youngest team in the NFL and you guys are already crying about getting old.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Phobia 10-29-2012 01:37 AM

The guy we really need to focus on on the next few years in Colquitt. He's going to prevent teams from hanging 7 Touchdowns on us. He's the key. Lock him up next hotshot GM.

whoman69 10-29-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9061462)
We are the youngest team in the NFL and you guys are already crying about getting old.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The point is without an infusion of talent, the core of talent we have now will become old before the team can be competitive.

CoMoChief 10-29-2012 07:06 AM

Albert
Winston
Asamoah
Allen
Hudson
Charles
Moeaki
Bowe
Baldwin
Poe
D.Johnson
Hali
Houston
Flowers
Berry

That's a good core (on paper LMAO).....but sadly the most important position in all of team sports happens to be the team's biggest hole/weakness.

suds79 10-29-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9061407)

Charles is only 25.

Winston is a good RT.

Have you seen what the life for RBs is recently?

Seems like the list of top backs in the league turns over every couple of years. (except for AP apparently). In 2016 Jamaal will either be long gone or just a shell of his former self.

This is why you don't want your superstar to be your RB.

Discuss Thrower 10-29-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9061403)
Who can we count on to lift the Lombardi in 2016 and beyond?

Offense
Albert

Defense
Houston
Flowers

Casualties
Bowe - superstar for another team
Hali - ineffective or retired
Charles - long gone
Jackson - clinging with some other team
Dorsey - clinging with some other team

Given that no more than half of the ? will pan out, we're basically looking at a major rebuild. Again.

This is what I see as most likely.

We're going be bad for a long time. The regime needs to be cast off as soon as possible to mitigate the effect and get the team on a running start with the coming rebuild.

Titty Meat 10-29-2012 07:33 AM

Nick Wright made a good point...

You could release every Pioli pick besides Asamoah & Houston and this is still the same team.

RealSNR 10-29-2012 07:34 AM

A lot of guys on this team will be adequate for awhile once we get a real QB in town. I have no doubt our WRs will rebound.

We're looking at a defensive scheme change. It might just be a switch to the one-gap, or it might be a full-on readjustment back to the 4-3. But we're changing schemes for sure. I don't know many guys who still think the 2-gap is a good system outside of old ****ing farts like Romeo.

Titty Meat 10-29-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9061667)
A lot of guys on this team will be adequate for awhile once we get a real QB in town. I have no doubt our WRs will rebound.

We're looking at a defensive scheme change. It might just be a switch to the one-gap, or it might be a full-on readjustment back to the 4-3. But we're changing schemes for sure. I don't know many guys who still think the 2-gap is a good system outside of old ****ing farts like Romeo.

I disagree agree about WR's other than Bowe the rest are garbage same with tight ends.

It would be a mistake going back to the 4-3 when your best pass rusher is best suited for the 3-4.

Hopefully the new GM dumps Arenas moves Daniels back to CB and focuses on upgrading the safety position.