ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

chiefs4me 01-19-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
This is the first episode I've watched in a few weeks. Nice to see Sawyer's still hording things. Like Fraz said... that seems to be the only point to his character.

Also... that was some really, really, bad CGI on the bear.

I agree that the show's slipping. Hopefully it'll pick up again soon.

I am still as interested in the show,,I think it's great.:thumb:

I wouldn't say that Sawyer hordes things,,he just always seems to be the one that finds them. Sawyer is HOT:p

I do agree with you on the bear though,,I mean what was that,,it was mainly just a white blob on my screen.:hmmm:

Frazod 01-19-2005 08:45 PM

Just got done watching it. This episode was certainly better than last week's.

So apparently Ethan's a babysnatcher. That's creepy.

And I'm glad they played down the Sawyer thing into just a couple of minutes. Enough with that shit already.

Can't believe they're doing a fucking rerun next week. Evil bastards. 4321

chiefs4me 01-19-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Claire looked hungover...

And if I had to choose,,I would say SHE did not look pregnant.

Chiefnj 01-19-2005 09:34 PM

Well, better than the past week or so, but what's up with the repeats? Does anyone know if they will air originals in two weeks??

Frazod 01-19-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Well, better than the past week or so, but what's up with the repeats? Does anyone know if they will air originals in two weeks??

God I hope so. These reruns are PISSING ME OFF! :cuss:

Deberg_1990 01-19-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Yes, of course they will. It will be all originals in Febuary as that is sweeps month. Probably why its a repeat next week because they save the best stuff for sweeps months.

KcMizzou 01-19-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Yes, of course they will. It will be all originals in Febuary as that is sweeps month. Probably why its a repeat next week because they save the best stuff for sweeps months.

Good point. If it's gonna get better again... that'll be the time.

ZootedGranny 01-19-2005 10:26 PM

Next new episode airs Feb 9th.

BigOlChiefsfan 01-19-2005 10:38 PM

While watching the polar bear act like your surly raiderfan tonite, it occurred to me that nobody has bothered to pick up a stick and whittle out a caveman spear. Seems like a useful plan to me. Not exactly hi tech, but a thing of beauty when you poke enough of 'em into your pesky polar bear that can't get at you thru the super-bamboo.

I can't wait to find out why it's freakin' polar bears annoying the survivors. Are they all lost on a giant Frenchie York Peppermint patty, or what?

KcMizzou 01-19-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan
While watching the polar bear act like your surly raiderfan tonite, it occurred to me that nobody has bothered to pick up a stick and whittle out a caveman spear. Seems like a useful plan to me. Not exactly hi tech, but a thing of beauty when you poke enough of 'em into your pesky polar bear that can't get at you thru the super-bamboo.

I can't wait to find out why it's freakin' polar bears annoying the survivors. Are they all lost on a giant Frenchie York Peppermint patty, or what?

Maybe it's kinda like a Twilight Zone episode I once saw.. where whatever the kid imagined.. became reality. I mean... the polar bear in the comic book... hell I dunno.

But I'm still curious, and I suppose that's the goal.

Frazod 01-19-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's kinda like a Twilight Zone episode I once saw.. where whatever the kid imagined.. became reality. I mean... the polar bear in the comic book... hell I dunno.

That makes a lot of sense.

siberian khatru 01-19-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

And the bird that flew into the glass door -- as the kid was studying a book on birds ... :hmmm:

Alton deFlat 01-20-2005 08:43 AM

OK, something I have to wonder. What the hell is the damn dog eating, and still looking well fed? I know they're catching some fish, mostly caught by the Korean dude. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna give my portion to he dog. And when is someone (maybe Hurley) going to get hungry enough, to imagine Golden Retriever roasting over an open flame. Don't Koreans eat dog?? On second thought, probably not Hurley. He couldn't even stomach the sea urchin. I do love the show though. That episode was better than the last few.

Rausch 01-20-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
That makes a lot of sense.

The way it appeared to me was that what ANYONE on the island wanted/craved/desired appeared. It's like one giant vision quest.

But the kid seemed to have a limited ability to do this before even crashing on the island, and it looks like that's enabling him to have even more of an ability to "make $3it happen" than the average stranded guy.

It looks like the Doc's dad is either alive after being dead, or just his body missing, but he's "seen" his dad. Same with the incest-love'n-pretty boy and his psycho-bidge sister. He saw what he wanted to see.

It's got a very "Sphere" atmosphere to it...

Bearcat 01-20-2005 10:21 AM

Wow... not even a full page of responses... guess we're losing interest :shrug:

I didn't think last night's episode was all that great, because it was just more of the same.....

Like the raft idea... is that just another idea that's going to disappear? Will they come back to Claire in the next new episode, or will it be two episodes away? Are they going to go explore for the black rock right away, or wait? Will they ever go anywhere with the hatch? I know they all seem to have their reasons for wanting to stay on the island, but these people are very unproductive.

The kid part was cool though.... the dead bird thing got me wondering if he was the one that made the plane crash.