ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will we shut out the Raiders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148901)

Hammock Parties 10-02-2006 02:50 PM

Will we shut out the Raiders?

After watching our defense for three games...and seeing how pitiful their offense is...I'd say we'll shut them out in at least one game. They can barely get out of their own way.

GET OUT THE BROOMS!

JBucc 10-02-2006 02:52 PM

You can't predict a shutout. It's too hard to shut out any team in the league. All it takes is one decent play to get into FG range. Oh and yeah we'll shut them out. Both times.

OnTheWarpath15 10-02-2006 02:53 PM

I admire your enthusiasm, but lets get through Arizona, Pittsburgh, Sandy Eggo, Seattle, St. Louis and Miami first.....

PastorMikH 10-02-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
You can't predict a shutout. It's too hard to shut out any team in the league. All it takes is one decent play to get into FG range. Oh and yeah we'll shut them out. Both times.

Yep. Shutouts are rare. Even though the team stinks, they are still a pro team and can, on any given play, score. All it takes is a fluke, turnover, bad reffing, or just plain luck and there's a score.

One think I haven't heard a lot of mention yesterday that I think was key is we protected the ball - no turnovers. Had everything else been the same in the first two games and we not turned the ball over, we would have won both games.

King_Chief_Fan 10-02-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
Yep. Shutouts are rare. Even though the team stinks, they are still a pro team and can, on any given play, score. All it takes is a fluke, turnover, bad reffing, or just plain luck and there's a score.

One think I haven't heard a lot of mention yesterday that I think was key is we protected the ball - no turnovers. Had everything else been the same in the first two games and we not turned the ball over, we would have won both games.

those yahoos always give the Chiefs a pretty good game, no matter the record, stats, etc.

noa 10-02-2006 03:15 PM

No matter how good our D is, there's always the chance that the Faiders figure out the complexities of throwing a high, deep ball to Randy Moss and letting him compete for it. I'm always amazed at how little he's done since he's worn that uniform.

JBucc 10-02-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan
those yahoos always give the Chiefs a pretty good game, no matter the record, stats, etc.

True. At least two of the more recent games came down to the last play. The rest were pretty close to, I don't recall a blowout of the Raiders recently.

Bugeater 10-02-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
No matter how good our D is, there's always the chance that the Faiders figure out the complexities of throwing a high, deep ball to Randy Moss and letting him compete for it. I'm always amazed at how little he's done since he's worn that uniform.

No kidding. And to think I was worried when he went there considering how bad our defense has been in the past few years.

StcChief 10-02-2006 04:08 PM

Raiders alway play us tough. Home or away. Hopefully they will be in disarray when we see them.

OnTheWarpath15 10-02-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Raiders alway play us tough. Home or away. Hopefully they will still be in disarray when we see them.

Fixed yer post......

:D

Easy 6 10-02-2006 04:15 PM

Did anyone see moss & Falters stats for the game? It was laughable, moss had 1rec-5yds & Falters was well under 50% complete. LMAO

Hammock Parties 10-02-2006 04:21 PM

Falters?

LOL. That is great.

Easy 6 10-02-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Falters?

LOL. That is great.

I'm not an All-Pro yet, but i always try to hustle.

OnTheWarpath15 10-02-2006 04:28 PM

IIRC, Moss had 1 catch for 7 yards last year at Arrowhead that would have sunk us if not for LJ and a bogus tripping call.....

Oakland is what Oakland is. I'm much more concerned with facing Fitzgerald, Boldin, Ward, Jackson, Branch, Holt and Chambers. Then I'll give a shit about Oakland.....

Rain Man 10-02-2006 04:32 PM

I've been a Chiefs fan long enough that whenever we play a team we should shut out, we have trouble with them.