ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What kind of HC do you want next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265653)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9047358)
I'm not so sure Ben wasn't forced on him.

He tried to win with Cordell ****ing Stewert.

He's been away from the game for 7 seasons now.

I wouldn't hate it, but I'm not in favor of it.

Over a decade ago. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he has probably learned a thing or two about the league since that time.
He doesn't strike me as a complete dumbass.

TEX 10-25-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9047600)
NEITHER.

I want a coach who has been a head coach before but HASN'T won a Super Bowl.

Most of these guys make their mistakes at their first stop and win it all at their SECOND.

I don't want any coach that has already won a Super Bowl.

Interesting... Food for thought :hmmm:

FlaChief58 10-25-2012 10:57 AM

Someone that knows how to develop a QB, puts players in a position to take advantage of their skillset, knows how to make in-game adjustments and holds everyone accountable for their actions

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9047600)
NEITHER.

I want a coach who has been a head coach before but HASN'T won a Super Bowl.

I'd prefer the guy the has...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9048336)

Repeatedly.

Pioli couldn't bring Belicheat with him = Case closed.

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048341)
Repeatedly.

Pioli couldn't bring Belicheat with him = Case closed.

You're talking GM?

My bad. I was talking HC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9048354)
You're talking GM?

My bad. I was talking HC.

That's what I meant. No Belicheat, no "Patriot Way".

htismaqe 10-25-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9048336)

Why purposefully buck trends?

That doesn't make any sense. No Super Bowl-winning head coach has won it all with a 2nd team. So let's try to be the first? In history?

That's the definition of insanity in my book.

Predarat 10-25-2012 12:31 PM

I want a mean guy that jumps up and down, an offensive cordinator background that is the runner up in the upcoming superbowl.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9047522)
Then hire a coach like Cowher to fix the defense.

For ****'s Sake, NO.

You hire a defensive coordinator and position coaches to "fix" a defense, not a head coach.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9047863)
Aside from hiring a good head coach, I hope this team could strike good fortunate by finding an OC.

I think the Chiefs have been unfortunate there. Don't get me wrong, I think they've had a few good ones in Weis and Gailey but their time has been short lived.

We need to find a good OC that can also provide longevity, stability and consistency. I'm tired of seeing this team constantly hire and switch OC's. Its hard to build a good offense when you're constantly switching systems/offensive philosophies.

This whole post is bullshit.

First off, under Pioli, the OFFENSIVE SYSTEM HAS BEEN IDENTICAL!

Every offensive coordinator has run the Erhardt/Perkins offense, which Bill Parcells ran with the Giants, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins (Sparano). While there have been different playcallers, the system and terminology is identical.

It's no different than San Francisco in their glory days running the West Coast offense with a myriad of offensive coordinators, from Holmgren to Shanahan to Mariucci and Seifert running the show.

Secondly, no offensive coordinator is going to provide "longevity" on his own. Either the team wins or it loses. It's not up the coordinator to provide anything other than wins.

FlaChief58 10-25-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9048606)
I want a mean guy that jumps up and down, an offensive cordinator background that is the runner up in the upcoming superbowl.

:hmmm: where have I heard this before?

BossChief 10-25-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9048399)
Why purposefully buck trends?

That doesn't make any sense. No Super Bowl-winning head coach has won it all with a 2nd team. So let's try to be the first? In history?

That's the definition of insanity in my book.

None have WON a superbowl again, but a bunch of them have gotten to the superbowl after already winning one.

Do you have a rabbits foot on a keychain, don't walk under ladders, break mirrors and worry about black cats crossing your path, too?

Holmgren, Vermiel, Gruden and a few others have brought multiple teams to the superbowl.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9048652)
None have WON a superbowl again, but a bunch of them have gotten to the superbowl after already winning one.

Do you have a rabbits foot on a keychain, don't walk under ladders, break mirrors and worry about black cats crossing your path, too?

Holmgren, Vermiel, Gruden and a few others have brought multiple teams to the superbowl.

Gruden?

Vermeil was on his way out. John Shaw wanted to fire him in 1999 and forced Trent Green and Mike Martz on him. He wanted him out so bad he forced him out after they won the Super Bowl.

DaKCMan AP 10-25-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9047292)
What kind of coach do you want?

An Awesome coach.