ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Will a woman play in the NFL someday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270212)

hometeam 02-20-2013 07:16 PM

**** no. You think any woman can take a ****ing hit from Patrick Willis? Get real! That's like saying WILL HOMETEAM EVER PLAY IN THE NFL? **** no, because he will get decimated, day 1, play 1, by a ****ing WR on special teams. And so will any woman.

Canofbier 02-20-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9420302)
**** no. You think any woman can take a ****ing hit from Patrick Willis? Get real! That's like saying WILL HOMETEAM EVER PLAY IN THE NFL? **** no, because he will get decimated, day 1, play 1, by a ****ing WR on special teams. And so will any woman.

Whatever. There are women who are mentally and physically tougher than most men; if they have the physical ability to match, I'd love to see them compete.

hometeam 02-20-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9420308)
Whatever. There are women who are mentally and physically tougher than most men; if they have the physical ability to match, I'd love to see them compete.

I would love to see how many woman are physically tougher than an NFL player.

Mama Hip Rockets 02-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9420273)
Honestly, though, wouldn't it be pretty ****ing cool if a woman was able to be competitive in the NFL at any position at all?

No.

ClevelandBronco 02-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Even if that's true, it hardly matters because most men don't play in the NFL. Just...y'know?...give it a rest.

cosmo20002 02-20-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9418492)
Will a woman play in the NFL someday?

Is sammich maker going to be an NFL position?

Canofbier 02-20-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9420327)
I would love to see how many woman are physically tougher than an NFL player.

Not many, but you could say the same about men. There's no doubt that, on average, men have an advantage in most of the physical aspects that are valued in football. However, there are plenty of players in the NFL (and more in college) that achieve success based on instinct and motivation. I have a hard time believing that there isn't a single woman out there that couldn't match the play of the average college football player and challenge for a spot on an NFL roster.

I doubt that you'd see women reaching truly elite status at most positions in the NFL due to physical differences, but there are some very impressive female athletes that have a number of desirable mental and physical traits that could be above-average in football. The best female athletes in the world compare very favorably to a large portion of players in the NFL, but they understandably make the choice to pursue a sport that they can truly be elite in rather than struggle to make the team. Because of that, it's just a matter of motivation. If you could get the best female athlete in the US to specialize in football, I have no doubt that they'd challenge for a spot on an NFL roster.

cosmo20002 02-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9420363)
Not many, but you could say the same about men. There's no doubt that, on average, men have an advantage in most of the physical aspects that are valued in football. However, there are plenty of players in the NFL (and more in college) that achieve success based on instinct and motivation. I have a hard time believing that there isn't a single woman out there that couldn't match the play of the average college football player and challenge for a spot on an NFL roster.

I doubt that you'd see women reaching truly elite status at most positions in the NFL due to physical differences, but there are some very impressive female athletes that have a number of desirable mental and physical traits that could be above-average in football. The best female athletes in the world compare very favorably to a large portion of players in the NFL, but they understandably make the choice to pursue a sport that they can truly be elite in rather than struggle to make the team. Because of that, it's just a matter of motivation. If you could get the best female athlete in the US to specialize in football, I have no doubt that they'd challenge for a spot on an NFL roster.

No way. Kicker is the only shot, and even then it's really unlikely.

Lumpy 02-20-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9419511)
Yea, i could potentially see that as a problem. Guys wont play as physical against a girl...we are just wired that way.

That's not entirely true. In my teenage years, I played football with some pretty big guys and they didn't back down. Long story short... I got my ass kicked. LMAO I couldn't kick or block worth a shit, so I usually played WR and occasionally QB.

I suppose in the NFL it could be different though and some would "take it easy" on a female player. Who knows.

My view on it is simple... if a female thinks she can handle it and she's good enough to make the cut, let her play.

J Diddy 02-20-2013 07:45 PM

From 4 years of a qb that throws like a girl to a qb that is a girl. No thanks.

The can start the WNFL

cosmo20002 02-20-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

I think you are severely underestimating the speed + strength of just about any NFL player at just about any postion. The guys that suck? They are still faster and stronger than 98% of humans.

Those female Olympic sprinters that are absolutely ripped? No way they are stronger than a DB, WR or RB, and they might not even be as fast.

A female might be able to compete for accuracy in kicking short field goals, but are they strong enough to hit consistently from 40-50 yards. Doubt it.

MVChiefFan 02-20-2013 09:33 PM

There is no way on earth that any woman could play in the NFL and it's not even close. In fact, you could take the woman who would come the closest to it and put her in a division III college game and she would get killed. It always kills me when people have an inflated sense of women athletes! I know that sounds sexist but it's true.

Hootie 02-20-2013 09:48 PM

obviously dudes are just WAY better athletes than girls but yeah...when a girl plays with us in pick up basketball or flag football I'm not going to block a girl or get physical with her in football...

be adults

Hootie 02-20-2013 09:49 PM

In PE I ****ing PUMMELED a foreign exchange student in soccer accidentally and it was awful. I felt so bad.

ClevelandBronco 02-20-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9420808)
obviously dudes are just WAY better athletes than girls but yeah...when a girl plays with us in pick up basketball or flag football I'm not going to block a girl or get physical with her in football...

be adults

Yeah, but when a paycheck is involved, you knock her dick in the dirt and let the training staff clean up the mess and notify her next of kin.