ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Tebow vs. Kaepernick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269248)

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9347417)
Yea, i almost mentioned that too. He does look like he has a little hitch in his delivery or throws at 3 quarters or sidearms. Doesnt seem to hurt him much.

Yup. Seems like he's tightened it up significantly though.

Rausch 01-24-2013 11:27 AM

Tebow will be up north this season...

Rain Man 01-24-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9347422)
No one gives a $#it about him or the NBA.

The ENTIRE NBA.

No one's watching...

The NBA still exists? How are Jordan and Pippen doing this season?

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9347443)

Shawn Kemp is doing well. Malone is still delivering mail, IIRC

DaKCMan AP 01-24-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9347406)
Really the only thing that I laugh at are people that think they know for a fact a player is going to be great or not. None of us know squat but it's fun to discuss and exchange opinions and learn.

I laugh at people who say that no one knows because all they're saying is that they don't know and they want to drag everyone down into their non-knowing serfdom.

:D

DRU 01-24-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9346838)
Additionally, Kaep is making way less money than Tebow. I have no problem with him trying to increase his wages.

This is what cracks me up about this place.

Trademarks are not about financial gain. They're about protecting your image...your brand.

Tebow and Co. did it because the entire nation was going ape shit over his antics. He actually had a much better reason to trademark his image than Kaep does, and Tebow never talked about making t-shirts or doing anything to try and profit...it was simply to protect the image.

Kaep doesn't really have anybody "Kaepernicking" but himself, and he's talking about trademarking, making shirts to sell, etc.

Yet Tebow gets slammed and Kaep is just cool..??

As I said in the Tebow thread about all of this, I'm no Tebow fan, but this particular topic shows just how nuts this place can be sometimes.

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:54 AM

I don't have a problem with Tebow doing it either to make money. I feel that most people would agree that Kaep probably has A) less sponsors/endorsers currently and is making considerably less money than Tebow.

Sponsors/Endorsements are awesome and I applaud any athlete that makes money off them. They should.

Rausch 01-24-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9347443)

They keep killing me in NBA Jams on PS3.

Really pissed.

I rock the stick with the Mailman and Stockton and........gaaaaWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAHT!

WHY DID THEY MAKE PS3 JOYSTICKS TOO EXPENSIVE TO BREAK!

WHY1!?!?!

lcarus 01-24-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9347175)
Do we need to go over percentages again?

Odds of a 2nd round QB becoming a star
Odds of a 1st round QB becoming a star

Which one is higher?

Oh I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a QB with a high first round pick. Of course we should. I'm just saying, we can still get a good QB in a late first round or beyond. The fact of the matter is, we don't even do THAT. We just don't draft QBs in the first half of drafts. It's annoying.

warpaint* 01-24-2013 12:16 PM

If they don't draft a guy high I would imagine I'll slip right back into apathy.

Sorter 01-24-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9347652)
If they don't draft a guy high I would imagine I'll slip right back into apathy.

I'll probably find a new team to focus on.

Seattle seems like a nice fit. :)

Rausch 01-24-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9347652)

If they don't take a QB (and yeah, I have my favorite, but taking whatever QB they think is best I can live with) I'm out.

QB absolutely needs to be the no 1 priority...

Mr. Laz 01-24-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 9346521)
If you're a good QB you can do whatever you want and if you're not you can't!

more or less

the media flood backfired on Tebow as well

Sorter 01-24-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9347677)
If they don't take a QB (and yeah, I have my favorite, but taking whatever QB they think is best I can live with) I'm out.

QB absolutely needs to be the no 1 priority...

I don't know how it couldn't be.

There is no way that Geno/Wilson get just 2 wins next year and look as inept as Cassel has for 3/4 years.

okoye35chiefs 01-24-2013 12:40 PM

oh BTW I have the trademark on CASSELING....